Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Microman

Something wrong in BTTF1/2

Why bother with that. Just TELL him you'll f**k up your life if you keep acting like a moron when someone calls you chicken. I would stop.

Edited by archer9234

Well not everybody is as able to adjust their personality at will as you then...

Well not everybody is as able to adjust their personality at will as you then...

Oh, you would. if you knew it cost you a good life.

Doc hurrying up because of the accident that's about to occur isn't the real reason if you think about more. He wouldn't hurry because of the fact that he already caught Marty and Jennifer's attention. By doing so, he can just hold them off, giving himself the ability to prevent the accident by allowing Needles to pass through the intersection before the two even get there. But the thing is, Doc IS in a hurry, so this actually 100% disagrees to this idea, as though he doesn't want it to never happen (I'm guessing it is his lack of understanding of the universe around him concerning time travel, and that he believes preventing such an event from happening will cause a paradox).

In addition to that, note that Doc never said a thing about the accident. He's about to, but he prevented himself from going on further about it.

The reason Nikaido suggested is the real reason: "Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale wrote that in to give the film a dramatic and fast paced ending (remember they didn't plan to make any sequels)."

If you want a better reason still, there are 2 more probable reasons:

• Like I and the others said, he doesn't want anyone to see the time machine or see it lift off and fly and explode in the sky disappearing to thin air and leaving a pair of fire trails behind.
  • He's impatient to go back for the fact that he wants this for-a-friend mission to be accomplished immediately then, like Doc wanted because of the unpredictable troubles the machine has caused, have the time machine dismantled.

I just found another hole in the plot. Yeah BTTF 1 and BTTF 2 are easily explainable but not BTTF 3. Some of the explainations given were about that doc knew this and doc knew that but with BTTF 3 it's different. Remember if he was to remember everything about his meeting with Marty in '55 he would have already known about sending Marty back to 1885 and about being shot. But when Marty finds him he is completely surprised about the fact he was supposed to die.

Doc's an old man and an eccentric scientist, who badly fell in love with a woman from 1885 and didn't knew he was actually shot earlier than his supposed time of death where, in truth, he actually died from internal bleeding days after despite Clara's attempts to nurse him (a 1880's bullet in the back can't kill you instantly, 'ya know). He would have forgotten because of what I've stated, or he actually convinced himself to. Note that this isn't the first time he let himself be shot.

Wow that was easier than I thought. So you are saying that he knew he was going to die but not get shot as soon as he did?

Guys, doc didn't know that he was going to be shot because he is from a separate timeline than the 1955 doc. When Marty ran over to the 1955 doc at the end of BTTF2 he changed the timeline. But since the doc that went back in time from 1955 to 1885 was from the BTTF 1 changed timeline (a timeline where Marty didn't come back) he had no knowledge of it.

Sign in to follow this