Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Guest Dan_The_Pineapple

The Sims 3

Heck ty Angelo just needed that

I agree. But I don't play Sims 1 much cause it is not so 3d.

Why? It's fun. Especially when you get to build a really big house.

and if you put peapole on fire

and if you put peapole on fire

That's a rare case now. In The Sims 1 and 2, the likely case of a fire is when your Sim can't cook properly, but in The Sims 3 the case of having overcooked food is more likely than having the stove catch fire with an unexperienced Sim.

Although burning a house INTENTIONALLY can still be done the same way -- no windows, closed space, most of the space inside occupied by a LOT of running appliances, and a Sim inside if you want him/her to burn, too. :D But this is a life simulation game. Why play it if all you want is kill or burn people?

Because it doubles as a death simulator. A lot of stuff kills you, after all. Plus, zombies are cool.

Plus, zombies are cool.

lol I remember the Grim Reaper. If I'm not mistaken, if one of the Sims die, you can even see the ghost of the died Sim himself/herself begging for mercy with the Grim Reaper. In short, it's no longer the (alive) family members who can beg for mercy to the Grim Reaper. :lol:

Yeah. I just use a mod and change people into zombies. It's fun watching them go to work and make dinner.

Killing people was very useful in the other games, especially to get someone out of your family you don't want without moving them out, or to kill a sim to keep all the furniture in the house when the next family moves in.

Gross, how do you treat your Sims?

And TT, simply let him move out,enter the lot in buy/build mode and put them back there...

Or did you refer it to TS1 before Pets?

Other than that, the testing cheats (testingCheatsenabled [true or false]) make TS3 easier to cheat in than the previous The Sims games by allowing you to "hack" through the features of TS3 like filling up the Needs and Mood gauges or draining them, enhancing skills, improving the relationships, teleport Sims to a different location, etc.. Once, a player in a video I saw in the net was able http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIm6eVvVn8I.

The game's interface in that video was in russian O_o

Only he stalks neighbourhood cats at night.

Just tried the whole Grim Reaper thing. I even made a special story about the family, telling a single mother suddenly conceives a child by her own, then later when the mother died the boy, all grown up (as a young adult), and many others begin to question about who his real father really was. Funny how the Grim Reaper got to the Sim dude's family tree, and how he still doesn't know anything about his own father (I sped things up in this case with the help of the testing cheats so I can make a family with the child alone).

Gross, how do you treat your Sims?

And TT, simply let him move out,enter the lot in buy/build mode and put them back there...

Or did you refer it to TS1 before Pets?

no in the sims 2 I had to do that so I didn't have to put all the furniture back in there, especially if it was a huge house.

44.jpg

I know a girl, who had an obsession with Sims. Well her disappointment was about the same.

to my mind this is a great parody of the game :D:P

I'm jist playing TS2 and at my college lot (private, not a dorm) there live 4 sims (2 couples).

I was annoyed by that prof. ringing, so I've invited him to come in. And what is he doing now, after he's been here for some hours? He goes in my Sims' bed and sleeps there :D.

lol at comic. Well in TS3 there are other ways to keep your Sim awake or in other words boost that Energy gauge up (you can also use the Testing Cheats on this one) and have him/her leave work anytime you want. Also you have the Story Progression feature - just leave your Sims alone and they'll do everything by themselves. Sooner or later, before you even know it, the Sim would've married his girlfriend, have kids, promoted 2-3 times, written a novel or successfully sold an artwork, and became filthy rich -- sometimes I do admit that they can do this stuff themselves better than when I'm controlling them. Still they should have made the fast-forward faster like in The Sims 2. I still don't get what's that second fast-forward button is for.

Also, this is a life-simulation game after all. No one (who knows what "life simulation" means), not even a critic, ever complained about those sleep times and work times where you do nothing but wait. There are a lot of ways to enjoy the game than taking care of the Sims.

Really? With me they just eat and sleep (when in autopilot)

When you're controlling them. Story Progression (as the name of the feature suggests) only activates when you leave your Sims, NOT when you're controlling them. When you're controlling one family, Story Progression only applies to the families you're not controlling while the old "free will" feature applies to the current family you're controlling. Also, this is a triggerable option -- it may be turned off at yours in the settings.

Even though it does sound like a cool addition to the TS games, Story Progression has some disadvantages -- i.e., when your Sim is pregnant and leave her be, they may give the child or children (if you leave them long enough) names you don't want or like. Also, if you leave the Sims unexperienced or with little money or anything that would bring misfortune to them, they'd end up losing jobs, going emo, and having frequent visits from the Repo Man (yup, he returns in The Sims 3; at first I thought it was a glitch or some burglar thought of stealing their cheap furniture). If you're unfortunate enough, you'll see graves of your own Sims (though I'm not sure if that can ever be possible).

My sim just died single. R.I.P :(

Was he a virgin?

visits from the Repo Man (yup, he returns in The Sims 3; at first I thought it was a glitch or some burglar thought of stealing their cheap furniture).

Is the Repo Man the guy that comes and takes some of your belongings? If so I must have gotten you wrong 'cause it sounds to me as if you was thinking that he doesn't visit you in The Sims 3.

Was he a virgin?

Yes.

Yes.

Oh poor, PoOR guy!