Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Guest Dan_The_Pineapple

The Sims 3

Guest Dan_The_Pineapple

I don't know how many of you guys out there are sims fans like me. It comes out Wednesday and I can't wait, I plan to get the collectors edition, because it comes with a media drive with a plumbob cap. I hope it will be as good as 2 if not better. It looks great so far but they need to make it online like the sims online because that game was some serious fun. :D

Hey!! I'm a fan of The Sims 2 too. :D The Sims 3 will be a lot more better. I have all the expansions for The Sims 2. :bouncey: Ican't wait for the Sims 3. w00t..... And my sister will be jealous that I will the DVD before her. yay!!!

Guest Dan_The_Pineapple

I've got all the expansion packs for both the sims one and two, except 2 or 3 stuff packs, I can only imagine what all the sims 3 will have expansion pack wise, they will definatley bring back pets, vacations, and hopefully magic, but I also liked the superstar expansion pack from the first one.

I've got all the expansion packs for both the sims one and two, except 2 or 3 stuff packs, I can only imagine what all the sims 3 will have expansion pack wise, they will definatley bring back pets, vacations, and hopefully magic, but I also liked the superstar expansion pack from the first one.

I agree. But I don't play Sims 1 much cause it is not so 3d.

I honestly don't care about the sims

Why? It's fun. Especially when you get to build a really big house.

The Sims 3 is out for iPod Touch/iPhone versions for like 4 or 5 days :P Just downloaded

I usually build houses no bigger than 200 squares, it's easier to look after it.

I used to like the sims as a kid, but they took it too far imo, way too many expansions to waste money on. Maybe i did something wrong, but i was always so busy with the micromanagement to keep each sim happy that i hardly enjoyed it without cheating. Plus, i heard they even die in the second one, so in the end you work your butt off to get them to excel at their job, only to see them die after a set number of game days <_<

Building houses from scratch was the good part.

I'm more of a SimCity guy.

Actually, The Sims 3 works a bit more like SimCity, only that you can only control 1 neighborhood at a time.

What I wanted to see in The Sims 2 is now finally implemented in TS3 -- visiting other families' homes as guests, families being independent and do stuff (like feeding themselves, getting married, having children, improving their skills, etc.) by their own without the need of the player so no more pausing when you leave them to control another family (this feature is called "story progression", which can be disabled and enabled; also because of this, the whole neighborhood when controlling a family is in one big map, though as if you can control all of the families there at once), and no more of those somewhat bothering bugs from TS2 like unintentionally causing break-ups between a male Sim and his younger girlfriend Sim in his birthday when the male Sim goes from teenhood to adulthood.

Also, I often make the templates of the neighborhoods in The Sims 2 via SimCity 4. I hope this is still supported.

Guest Dan_The_Pineapple

It came out today but I don't have enough to just go out and buy it yet, they completley updated the website though and you can already download sims and houses for the game.

It came out today but I don't have enough to just go out and buy it yet, they completley updated the website though and you can already download sims and houses for the game.

I can only grab a copy of this either this coming Sunday or anytime next week.

Is it gonna be for consoles? Namely, Xbox 360.

It didn't say anything about a console version, but it didn't say they will never going to release one. No news of a console port yet, but if it is going to be ported EA Games would need to find a way to make it easier to control, for the fact that features like story progression would be a problem to get around with with an Xbox 360 controller.

Speaking of which, I'm planning to grab a PS3 OR a Xbox 360 soon. After I went to SM Mall of Asia one night, I found out they were selling the latest models of the Xbox 360, the non-buggy ones. I either buy that or buy a very cheap PS3 unit I found in our nearest mall.

I just brought it and it was awesome. (I use my sister's money to buy it) The details are very clear especially when you make the ponds and swimming pool. The intro movie is nice. You can even visits your neighbors. Just scroll to the house next door, click (I don't remember click what), you neighbor will come out and get to know each other. It even has mods. (Stress level) I kept mine well. It is awesome. But my sim is not married yet. My sim is a virgin. (Male) I've make him toned some muscles. Now I only have to impress some girls. w00t. :D

you only made one? i usually make a group based off some game or TV show (i use heaps of custom addons when i play sims, i once made about 15 members of the X-men and about 10 members of the rotherhood all in one neighbourhood, it was epic) or i make a group of people who are either randoms, based of my real life mates or occasionally ill make one single sim based off me alone and put him into university and have him meet NPC sims and live his life from there on (thats the only time i play the sims seriously is when i do this)

Angelo, take a look at the announcements from E3 this year. 360 is taking a MASSIVE leap forward (with a huge software update), and is getting HEAPS of new games. ps3 is getting some new ninja gaiden game or somthing like that, i dunno... but thats about all its getting.

Got to restore my iPods system to play it without crashes <_<

I LOLed. Well, my sim just got a job but still didn't find a girlfriend.

Angelo, take a look at the announcements from E3 this year. 360 is taking a MASSIVE leap forward (with a huge software update), and is getting HEAPS of new games. ps3 is getting some new ninja gaiden game or somthing like that, i dunno... but thats about all its getting.

There is a bigger possibility I'll get an Xbox 360..IF those new models don't get out of stock.

I just cheat

The major cheats of The Sims 3 is the same as The Sims 2: kaching, motherlode, moveObjects, etc.

What is TS3 actualy? does it run on a GeForce 7600 GO and a c2d t5500 1.66ghz

No michael.

I can make Marty

Cool... :D

Edited by JohnyMan :)