:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
ELBdelorean

Are these good parts for a PC?

i asked this on GameFAQS and some guy said this:

1. That video card is absolutely crap. My 8600 GTS and my Mobility Radeon HD 3650 are both better than that.

2. Don't get a Raidmax PSU (this is what I've been told before).

3. 630 Watts is a lot of power for that build; you don't need it all.

Take this instead:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817139004

If you stay with Corsair or Antec or any other good name brands, you should fine. Only the cheaper ones like Raidmax crap out on you.

On my first post, I changed the GPU, the case (I know it's a Raidmax, but I'm on a tight budget), the motherboard, CPU, added the OS (yes it's an OEM, again, on a budget), and changed the RAM according to the motherboard. It's all on the first post. I can't afford a power supply like that so I'll use the one that comes with the case for the time being.

Edited by Indiana Jones

You don't need 1GB of VRAM for playing on a "20. Instead of spending money on the VRAM get a graphics card with higher clocks. ;)

Also I wouldn't pick a Raidmax power supply, go for a better name like Coolermaster or something.

And the processor isn't very good, it has only 4MB L2 cache, so that's 1MB cache for each core. :mellow: And Quad-core isn't really necesarry unless you play the latest games on very very high or you render a lot of videos. I would take this or that one.

My iMac has 128MB of Vram and runs Team Fortress 2 like a charmer.

Yep. For what you want, a Kraftway Urban would do. Wider and longer, but lower than the Mac Mini, but costs a mite less.

No, no, nothing lower than the mac mini. In fact, I think I'll stick with this one, seeing as someone in the comments said it runs GTA IV on medium.

i d get a 9600 graphics card it has 64 streaming cores and works for me on nearly high settings (mine has 512mb of vram)

for 4 gb of memory since the mobo ur looking at has 4 ddr2 slots try get 4 1gb sticks.

Edited by Grim Reaper1666

Are you insulting the Mac?!!? b*****d! FYI, the Mac comes with the best OS in the world, and it's manufactured by the best company in the world. So insulting a Mac is like saying a Zune is better than an iPod. I don't know where you've been but this is certainly not the case!

Edited by Indiana Jones

i d get a 9600 graphics card it has 64 streaming cores and works for me on nearly high settings (mine has 512mb of vram)

Depends what games you play. I bet you can't get GTA IV on very high with your 9600. :P

for 4 gb of memory since the mobo ur looking at has 4 ddr2 slots try get 4 1gb sticks.

Fail! It's better to run 2x2GB in Dual Channel. ;)

dude, the mac OS is good for people who suck with computers because its simple.

the exception of course is proton who has put so much willpower and effort into his freaking computers that hes made his mac NEARLY as effective as a windows computer.

"if computers were cars then mac would be 120% as fuel efficient but only drive on 20% of roads"

that prettymuch sums it up

kk20021205.gif

I personally use both, Mac and Windows. Did I mention, Vista for some reason switched the laptop's wi-fi filter to 801.11a only? HOW. THE. HELL. DID. IT. DO. THAT without having me knowing?

By the way: Xbox 360 uses the processor which the iMac had 2 years ago.

And yeaaaaah... I pretty much think it's more functional than a PC at this point.

kk20050415.gif

kk20021021.gif

kk20080324.gif

Edited by  iProton

The thing is all the OS's have things they're strong in. Mac: Media. PC: Gaming, word processing, etc... Linux (freeware): Networking, website creation (IMO). Ubuntu (freeware): Networking.

MS Office 08 works faster on a Mac, I just checked :P

MS Office 08 works faster on a Mac, I just checked :P

That's probably because of the high resource count Vista uses, and that XP (32-bit) is too obsolete to run it properly.

just wait for 7 proton.. just you freaking wait.

and about the microsoft office thing, it all depends on your computers hardware.

another plus with windows is its A LOT easier to upgrade the hardware whereas with macs sometimes it can be near impossile

another plus with windows is its A LOT easier to upgrade the hardware whereas with macs sometimes it can be near impossile

That's because Mac made the transition of using Motorola chips to Intel. Intel had been purely PC for years and now Mac is having to adapt. That's why they used the UNIX shell for OSX.

Build yourself a Hackintosh and be happy :P

And while you wait for 7, Snow Leopard will come out.

Edited by  iProton

Sign in to follow this