Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
ELBdelorean

Are these good parts for a PC?

The reason I didn't because I wanted a "pure-blood" Mac. In the near future I am planning to upgrade the RAM and HDD.

You're only supposed to upgrade the RAM on the iMac. Upgrading the HDD or anything else voids the warrant, no?

Uh, yes, but it is out in 2 months anyway.

There is no such thing as Apple care where I live.

A year. Or longer, dunno, I never actually needed to use it.

lol @ iProton do u have a PPC G5 pc? :P

Did I mention, Vista for some reason switched the laptop's wi-fi filter to 801.11a only? HOW. THE. HELL. DID. IT. DO. THAT without having me knowing?

LOL I never encountered that problem before. The same bad "anti-PC" omen you've been talking about, perhaps? :lol:

And yeaaaaah... I pretty much think it's more functional than a PC at this point.

Haven't I told you guys a Mac IS also a PC? PC (personal computer) by definition is "any general-purpose computer whose size, capabilities, and original sales price make it useful for individuals, and which is intended to be operated directly by an end user, with no intervening computer operator". iProton, don't argue that it isn't one. Apple Computers have been calling the Mac "their own unique brand of PC" for years now. And those Mac VS. PC ads you're seeing in the net is actually the Mac versus "the overly complex or unreliable PCs", not all of the PCs in general. This has been an advertising practice of Apple since, and I find it funny that you guys say Mac is not a PC. Mac is a computer brand, not a type of computer. :)

If you still can't admit the Mac IS a PC, look here to see Apple itself saying it is in big letters: http://www.apple.com/getamac/

I know Macs ARE PCs. But, what are we gonna call the...other PCs. Dells? HPs? eMachines...s? People just call PCs PCs because it's easier.

I know Macs ARE PCs. But, what are we gonna call the...other PCs. Dells? HPs? eMachines...s? People just call PCs PCs because it's easier.

PCs (excluding Macs) don't have a very specific brand name. Since it is customizable, it's hard to say what brand name it really is. The PC would likely be named after the brand of the motherboard itself.

In the Mac VS. PC advertisement, Apple doesn't really refer to all PCs. Just the not so user-friendly and complex PCs. If you prefer a user-friendly and easy-to-use PC more, Mac for the win.

They refer to stock PCs you find in a store.

...you also bang your head on the keyboard when one of the parts you buy for 150$ burns out...

$150? what th- *boom* i wouldn't pay 75 quid for comp parts mine mobo only cost 30 quid and processor was cheap, suppose the store i go to only has 1 employee making everything cheaper

Well, good for you, that's how much we would pay for 2 4GB RAMs here.

Sign in to follow this