Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

Attention

I'm with Mike. DBZ is gay. So are all the other anigay shows like Naruto and One Piece. The only good one was the first season of Pokemon

Edited by hscitpe

I'm with Mike. DBZ is gay. So are all the other anigay shows like Naruto and One Piece. The only good one was the first season of Pokemon

disliking DBZ and the others I understand, but actually liking Pokemon...

128755902298995446.jpg

Sorry Statler but I prefere 'Cowboy Bebop' in japanese especially when Faye and Ed are having a conversation, makes more sense with the silly slapstick moments ;)

I just finished watching Cowboy Bebop again and now I've just started watching Neon Genesis Evangellion again, probably followed by Elfen Lied and 3x3 eyes all in japanese :P I'll be here for quite some time me thinks.

The funny thing is I sometimes forget to activate the subtitles track at the start but I still understand what there going on about! :D I'm slowly learning japanese :lol:

I just finished watching Cowboy Bebop again and now I've just started watching Neon Genesis Evangellion again, probably followed by Elfen Lied and 3x3 eyes all in japanese :P I'll be here for quite some time me thinks.

Yea, I finished watching Why They Cry and now I'm watching Tsukihime. After that I'm going to watch Gunparade March again. I love that anime.

Edited by Statler

if the japanese want their characters to be played by asians then they should draw them to LOOK asian

Ever seen an anime character that looked like Japanese? Note that most anime has their setting in Japan (including Dragon Ball as far as I can remember), but none of those characters looked anything like Japanese.

Also Brock didn't look 100% Japanese. Brock looked like a half-Japanese half-Malaysian/Filipino moron.

Not all Asians have "squinty sagging eyes and goofy protruding teeth". That's just ONE race of Asians. Note that Asia is HUGE continent to begin with. In fact, an Asian country would likely find the other race of Asians foreign to their country (like us Filipinos to Koreans, or Chinese to Malaysians).

If you don't see the difference between Japanese, Koreans, Fillipinos, Chinese, Vietnamese and other - that's one huge disappointment. Cause you see, there are SO many differences, for example Chinese have the middle wide eyes between koreans (wide) and japanese (narrow). So guess which one am I.

EDIT:

Edited by  iProton

Like I said, an Asian country would find the other race foreign instead of a local. I wouldn't say it's a big disappointment, because it's not like we Filipinos or Malaysians or Vietnamese see people with wide eyes or "squinty sagging eyes" everyday.

anime characters are drawn to look european because there is a long standing subconcious attitude in japan that "being white is cool"

so the japanese began drawing their cartoon characters to resemble europeans rather than japanese. because the popular opinion amongst kids (in every recent generation untill they grew out of it) in japan is that they should WANT to be white, its sad but true and its the reason why all the cartoon characters look "american."

this is why i'd get so wee wee off when people would talk about the dragonball movie and start complaining when the guy playing goku turned out to be a white guy, its because in the damn show goku is a f***ing white guy, just like every other character, cept the aliens and mr popo.

as for the dubs, iv compared the english to japanese dubs of both naruto and dragonball z and i have to say it is a matter of opinion with naruto (the english dub being so gratingly irritating and the japanese dub being badass) but with dbz there is nothing good about the japanese dubs other than "its the origional voiceover" the voices are high pitched and unrealistic (no real japanese men actually sound like that without putting on a voice) and also the english dubs give you far more information. seriously if you thought the ENGLISH version was terrile with the whole yelling about whos stronger for half an hour them powering up for another full hour then wait till you see the japanese version ALL it is is make like a tree, and get outta herety dialog about how strong everyone is, they barely even talk about the story at all. at least you feel like your actually watching a STORY with the english dubs rather than a bunch of sweaty guys masturbating about how huge their muscles are

the end

WTH is the point of this topic?!?!?!?!?!

Don't bump an old topic, or you'll get your arsе kicked.

Don't bump an old topic, or you'll get your arsе kicked.

It's not really an old topic. It's just little brat Mieleman being an annoying kid again who won't bother to read the topic himself to answer his own question.

Lets see if he reads posts.

You are an annoying little kid who lies about his own age and is obsessed with home appliances which are useless, lies about anything to attract attention and nobody would miss ya if you fell through the Time Vortex itself.

Nice post, WMM, I am contradicting to myself in order to check the first paragraph.

Sign in to follow this