Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dark Slayer487

Looking for a mod / addon

I've been scouring the internet for 3 days now looking for this mod. It changes the graphics in Vice City to that of the Xbox Version. Can someone please link it if they know where I can download it?

There was a mod called "bettertextures by aigar vals" but i don't remember where i got it.. Google it, it should give results

It's not bettertextures. He's trying to look for the one that gives the bloom/shine effect or whatever it was. Can't remember what its name was.

Yeah, requires one heck of a video card.

Not really. A not-so powerful graphics card like NVIDIA GeForce 7200 or an onboard Intel X3100 GPU can handle it.

I had a GeForce 9-something thousand and it did not work as I expected.

I had a GeForce 9-something thousand and it did not work as I expected.

You may have gotten the unstable GeForce 9 series one. Note that higher numbered GPU models don't necessarily always count as the best. These unstable next-gen graphics card are not as good as more stable lower-numbered model ones like GeForce 8800. Also, you'll still need a more powerful processor, more powerful motherboard, higher RAM and, most especially, the right power supply for the job to allow this GPU to work properly.

My friend had a GeForce 7200 on his computer, and it worked well along with the mod with very few crashes (it crashes as much as it doesn't have it, so performance-wise nothing really happened when he used the mod). I also tested in on my cousin's PC with an Intel X3100, and it's as stable as my friend's.

that better textures one you need to change the spec.dll a bit if you want the trails off

That's simple. Use stock VC's spec.dll...that is, if you have an unmodded back-up of the game (you can play a copy-and-pasted VC without making registry data for it, which what the installer does to make it appear in the installed programs list and officially say it's really installed, which is my case where I have two copies of VC installed, with one of them having the BTTF mod)

That's why I hate PCs. Whatever you do - they just don't fit.

That's why I hate PCs. Whatever you do - they just don't fit.

You're close-minded type, aren't you? You stick much with the user-friendlier Macs, not at least trying to improve your technical skills and fix the PC yourself. Or are you a faithful Mac user because of "peer pressure"? (a la "Coocoo") :rolleyes:

A PC is a customizable-type computer, which makes it able to be capable of ANYTHING, as long as the user is knowledgeable on maintaining and customizing it. Macs, however, are built to be user-friendly, so things at this point get WAY simpler than that of PC, but because it's simple to use, it also makes it more limited than the PC.

I'm not calling you someone like a "dumb-headed luxury lover" which is now becoming one of the common (and annoying) criticisms to us Mac users. <_< In my opinion, it really depends on the person actually, whether he wants a computer he can customize and won't mind fixing when it breaks since it is after all his own mistake why it breaks, or a computer that's already originally made to be user-friendly and be a good computer at the same time without the need of confusing technical stuff therefore foolproof. So basically, by this fact, when it comes to the traditional "PC vs. Mac" battle no one wins -- it's a draw, and will ALWAYS be.

Also don't blame the PCs themselves, blame those who make the hardware for the PC. :P Some of the GeForce 9 series GPUs are rushed, as far as I can remember, something you don't expect from a good manufacturer of GPUs.

@Angelo: User friendly is the way.

I blame EVERY PC. My Samsung laptop - died in agony only because of some fraps files. The IRU burnt out. WHAT THE HELL?! And the Asus? Oh, that's the Fail of all fails. That thing only worked right for a couple of weeks. My dad's Waio? It's almost as fast as my Mac is and it works twice as slow. The only PC that hasn't gave up on me yet is this old-butthead Omnibook 500.

Edited by  iProton

iProton, stop hating Windows just because you like Mac. You said that 2 of your computers died. Why nobody else blames PCs themselves, not theirselves(users) in the result? You can't expect everything from a PC just because it's the fastest way to blame it in dying.

And I thought that BetterTextures had the .dll file that makes the trail-look alike too.. :huh:

iproton you are one of the most self absorbed people iv ever met. no matter what goes wrong with you or what arguments you get in its ALWAYS somone elses fault and your ALWAYS right.

i dont mean to be a dick but you need to sort it out

2? 3 of them did. And only because of what? I expect a computer to be easy to use, fast, efficient, and to carry all the work I do on it. Boom. PC1 dead. Boom, PC2 dead. BOOM, PC3 is dead. Ressurected. blue! Dead again! OK that's it, I am getting a Mac. And two of them weren't even connected to the internet. And the Waio's constant speed failures have already convinced my father to switch to a Macbook, once the inflation rate goes down. Especially that it costs the same here.

The Asus is replaced by a Kraftway, through an exchange. Hope that will change my views a bit.

Anyway, the mod does not seem to do anything, just adds a shine. No reflections, enchanced graphics...

Edited by  iProton

Right on.

And could someone explain what the mod actually does?

vista only makes your computer go slow if your stupid enough to put it on a computer that isnt good enough

And if you bought one with it? Or don't have money to buy a new one or upgrade it and got your hands on Vista?

0.2e ---> 0.2f = MS Vista ---> Windows 7

Sign in to follow this