:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Billz

Mod Idea For BTTF: Hill Valley

Just a quick random idea.

What if, when travelling to 2018 onwards, that we get sent through time to a post-apocolyptic Hill Valley over-run with the pedestrians NPC's with terminator-like textures.

For example:

Dark sky

Destroyed or crumbling buildings

NPCs with resistence figther-type textures and terminator-type textures fighting each other

Stuff like that.

It would allow BTTF to tie in nicely to the Terminator franchise. (SkyNet had to get the whole time travel idea from somewhere. A mission could be that SkyNet captured the DeLorean and Doc, forcing him to build the temporal chamber that the terminators use to go back to 1984 and various other time zones).

Like I said, just a quick random idea.

Many has already come up of ideas like these earlier, but I don't think the mod team would like to implement these for now. Like before, they're likely to reply with "we don't want to waste coding space". Let's just see how the mod will turn out. If there will be coding space left, the team may implement these ideas.

And I don't think robots would take over by the year 2018 and/or up. By telling the kind of future BTTF2 showed, advanced technology was all about the benefit of humankind -- you can tell that with Griff and his implants, and many others with implants and stuff. Other than those we saw in the Cafe 80's who take people's orders, we never saw enough highly-intelligent robots in the area that would later on unite and rebel against humans in the far future. All of the AI there are completely under control of the people of that era.

Why do people always want destroyed earth? What is so wrong with having Earth last forever.

Because it won't last forever.

And I don't think robots would take over by the year 2018 and/or up. By telling the kind of future BTTF2 showed, advanced technology was all about the benefit of humankind -- you can tell that with Griff and his implants, and many others with implants and stuff. Other than those we saw in the Cafe 80's who take people's orders, we never saw enough highly-intelligent robots in the area that would later on unite and rebel against humans in the far future. All of the AI there are completely under control of the people of that era.

Seeing as how BTTF2 was set in 2015, and the new official date for Judgement Day according to T4 is somewhere in 2018, don't you think alot could've happened in the years between those two?

Maybe, Doc could've inadvertantly help to create the conditions that would've ultimately lead to SkyNet taking control.

But then again, its your mod so it entirely upto you guys.

You don't know that. I'm just sick of people ripping off Terminator or Blade Runner.

Ripping off?

And thanks to the T4 trailers, I do know that.

I'm not going to start an argument. I'm dropping this.

I wasn't trying to start an argument.

I'm sorry if it seemed that way to you.

I love this mod and am glad that you guys are continuing to make it awesome.

And thanks to the T4 trailers, I do know that.

That's Terminator, not Back to the Future. The BTTF universe doesn't follow what Terminator universe does, nor even does our own universe. These are three totally different universes you shouldn't mix.

We're only accepting BTTF material. Mixing in non-BTTF stuff like Terminator would screw up the mod (no offense). A battalion of super-robots rebelling over their creators and taking over and people struggling to regain control of the very things they've created ain't BTTF material.

Because it won't last forever.

If we know it won't last forever, then why don't we do something to keep it living longer, than just destroying it which is pretty pointless and has no good purpose for us? Ever seen MJ Holmes' BTTF fanfics? She said that by year 2100 the world will be a beautiful place full of advanced and clean technology and green-y environments. That's the kind of stuff we may want to include (mainly because it ain't based from another movie/universe but based from the trilogy itself). An alternate 2100 with a ruined future would also be a good suggestion. But not with robots taking over -- that's for Terminator, not for BTTF.