:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
ItsFromTheDoc

Back To The Future 4?

If there's really going to be a "Back to the Future Part IV"...

- It would be have an entirely different set of characters and settings, and a plot that has little or no connection with the original trilogy's plot.

- It wouldn't have a "Part IV" in it, otherwise the filmmakers will ruin an awesome franchise.

- To stay true to its title, the plot should involve a person finding himself traveling to the past (by accident), being stranded there, then finding desperate ways to get back to his time.

- It can't be a prequel. A prequel would ruin the franchise completely. And the whole thing will be crap.

- If ever this movie will be great (without Marty, Doc and almost everything else from the trilogy in it), there's a possibility this BTTF will open to another trilogy of its own (a la "The Star Wars Scenario").

I don't like a part 4 either.

The cartoon ain't in any way canonical. Even if that cartoon exist in the way, a Part IV can still be made (if anyone would bother to make one that is) as a continuation of the trilogy.

People who watched the cartoon and believed to be a continuation of the trilogy will be screwed if they saw a Part IV in its place.

If you ask me, Bob Gale and Robert Zemeckis would never let a BTTF-4 movie come to pass. I even think they'd fight for it not to.

not to mention tom wilson would NEVER be involved.

the fact is theres absolutely no reason for them to make a fourth movie. what would it be about? and dont pull out that fan written script. that thing was total crap.

they finished the story and a fourth movie would ruin it. the difference between bttf and indiana jones is they didnt actually END the story of indiana jones with the last crusade.

a fourth movie would be total s*** deal with it

they finished the story and a fourth movie would ruin it. the difference between bttf and indiana jones is they didnt actually END the story of indiana jones with the last crusade.

Like I said, if any of the filmmakers ever decided to make a Part IV, it would be totally different and completely detached from the trilogy. It would have very little or no connections with the trilogy (but with similar plot elements like having the protagonist stranded in the past and find desperate ways to get back to his time). It wouldn't also have a "Part IV" in its title, though as if it's a reboot or it really is one. A direct sequel would ruin everything.

Speaking of which, since we're all talking about a Part IV here, why don't we just make a sort of fanfic of our own of Part IV. It shouldn't be a direct sequel -- it would have its own set of characters, time periods and plot that doesn't require the audiences to watch the previous movies to relate to. Then let us compare each others' work and see which one is more BTTF material. What do you guys say?

that the reason "for scarface" he made a game for continue the film and changing the end of the original scarface for all the fan ^^

Edited by onikage

a bttf 4 would be terrible, it would either be some horrible continuation of marty and docs story or some blasphemous little side plot about characters who are in some way related to the mcflys.

NO

a back to the future movie without delorean it's not a bttf movie it's a crime ^^

IF they made a IV (which I hope not) the only possible good thing about it is the Jules Verne Train

"Wait, are you telling me.. You built a time machine.. outta VW Golf?!" :lmfao:

Edited by RG - FM

new style for doc i like ^^

"Wait, are you telling me.. You built a time machine.. outta VW Golf?!" :lmfao:

Sorry for off-topic, but it reminds me of a... sort of a feeling that I got when reading a text. It was an english text and in it there was the name Volkswagen - It was one of the last words I'd have expected in an English context (though it surely makes sense), so it got me out of concept and I needed some time to concentrate again on reading :D.

We rounded the corner and found Jacob leaning against the side of the red Volkswagen he'd built for himself out of scraps.
Sure, it's a name, but names like Porsche or Volvo wouldn't have been such an stumbling block in an English text for me :D.

To get Back to the Topic (another movie? :lol:), or at least to what you mentioned. I hardly can imagine a timemachine out of a Golf :huh:.

Would this be a pre-version of Doc's 8-passenger timemachine (-> so a 5 person one. Would at least be as square cut as the DeLorean ;))?

IFTD, There will be no BTTF 4, not at all, never will be, not even if you change time.

...Lol.

Like I said, enjoy what we have now.

IF they made a IV (which I hope not) the only possible good thing about it is the Jules Verne Train

Considering the gap between BTTF3's theatre release and present time, starting a part IV movie about or with the Jules Verne Train would be a horrible idea. Like I said, a Part IV would look like a remake or reboot of the trilogy -- it would have its own set of characters, and a plot that doesn't have any connection with trilogy. Therefore there won't be a Marty, a Doc, a Jennifer, a Biff, a 2015, a Time Train and probably a De Lorean Time Machine.

Since a Part IV would be more modern than the trilogy, we may see more modern stuff like probably a Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Time Machine (a DMC-13 would be nice, but "having too many original concepts is bad enough for a movie" and using a known car, like what the De Lorean was during the '80s, is a better idea than making up one).