:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Carlos85G

C.P. R.R. No. 131 Rogers Locomotive.

i quite agree it looks like ****. Like it went to 1985A and got burned by Hooliguns. And just 1 question: How do you want to let the texure disappear?

EDIT: i liked ( still do ) model trains when i was 'round 10. I still have 30 kinds of american steam, electric and diesel locomotives. All Märklin. I just bought Pennsylvania railroad's Loewys' Crocodile electric freight locomotive. And i'm still proud of all the models i have :).

Edited by Mini-Me

The trains are the best part in my opinion. I LOVE TRAINS!!! but I don't know much about them. I'm just a collector.

That's amazing, my respect for you just tripled. lol

I used to buy model trains when I was a kid, lol. Steam trains and Diesel engines were my favs.

I never liked diesels because they took over and killed off steam, but hey they are still trains.

I prefer steam trains as they are more classic and in my opinion cooler.

Yeah!!!!!!

they are cooler, lol.

I have to thank thomas the tank engine for my love for trains when I was a kid.

Hahah I've noticed that everyone goes through a choo choo train phase as a kid and its usually because of thomas the tank engine. It just depend on if you get out of it or make a professional hobby out of it.

I was actually into hotwheels too and I still have them all, and I guess it also depends if from then on you become a real car buff and love racing and cars and stuff.

I was actually into hotwheels too and I still have them all, and I guess it also depends if from then on you become a real car buff and love racing and cars and stuff.

haha. I really liked Thomas the tank engine too. Talkin' about die-cast model cars: I have around 400 kinds of model cars (Really!). Most of them are Matchbox or Johnny Lightnings. I remember my dad brought me some Johnny Lightning's when he went to the USA for his work. After that every time i went to the US, i bought lots of johnny Lightnings and i still do on Ebay. This is my favorite:

BTTF_diorama_222-06.jpg

That tops the most amazing thing I've seen in this mod yet, maybe even tops the new time train. The sound makes me laugh, when its going fast it sounds like rubbing sand paper overly fast on some random surface, but at slow speeds it's completely flawless.

I like how the steam effects near the wheels kick in when your slowing down. Is the marty model standing or sitting inside the cab? I can't tell.

Edited by Joe Statler

Trust me I can't keep my finger off the refresh button.

I like the how the steam effects near the wheels kick in when your slowing down.

Isn't that awesome? It's like letting off steam before coming to a halt, obviously its because its coded to blow down at a certain speed.

heres the current one

Using the irrKlang library instead of windows stupid library.

I'm planning to change the effects for the smoke stack. Since we have the sound now, puffs of smoke on every chug.

That's too much awesome for me to handle, I didn't ever think it would be possible effect wise let alone the sound. I love the ridiculous speed going on too :lol:. Before I top myself I'm going to try to imagine that with the whistle too, and the idling sounds when stopped as opposed to the bus noises.

:dribble2: <- Not even close.

you should have heard it when it was using vc's sound engine. omg, it sounded horrible, even worse then the windows vid.

That's too much awesome for me to handle...

:eyebrow: I think TT needs a new pair of undies. :roll:

Edited by Joe Statler

I think I need a new computer chair too, well while were in the corniness why not a whole new bedroom.

And one last vid for the night.

DK suggested we lower the smoke height, so I did. I haven't looped the horn yet, so no holding down horn to play it yet, lol. I'll also probably reduce the puff density, since its shorter now.

Can I ask our resident train expert if the chugs are timed at the right place?

I wonder, when the tracks get implemented will the default camera view be set to cinematic when you first enter the cab or will you have to alternate camera views till you get to it? (like SA, although cinematic view is the only view available in that game)

Edited by Joe Statler

I agree :-O. It's real cool.

So this is now outside in a C++ "addon"? Yes, it's in the same library as the numpad TC input as I just read elsewhere.

Last thing that's missing coding wise is adding white steam shooting through the horn when pulling the cord :D and the train is close to be perfect in this engine.

Edited by Mini-Me