Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Polo423

Why the urgency?

You know I never understood why Marty and Doc HAD to go to 2015 right when he got back to handle the thing with his son. I mean couldn't he have given Marty some time at home to relax before they went?

And the same goes for getting the book from Biff. Although I can understand with that one that the longer they let him keep the book the greater the chance that they won't succeed in getting it.

remember, the day doc picked marty up was the same day marty ran into that rolls royce racing needles. And the accident caused marty go to the hospital and lose his talent as a guitarist (broken hand and all). Which made marty give up on the band and made his life sh**.

Edited by Honest Joe Statler

Again he didn't need to be in a rush. He can return Marty at any point in time. That rushing around was pointless, after he changed the paper.

What I never understood was why they went to the future in the first place. He couldn't just go back and prevent the Rolls Royce crash? I mean, more than anything, it seemed like that was the event that started the family down the tubes. So why bother changing something that far into the future? By taking Marty into the future, he sees what it's like and therefore may not be the same person when he returns to the past. May not make the same choices. Thus the past is altered and anything done to change the previous future becomes irrelevant.

Basically, BTTF2 was a fun movie that made no sense whatsoever from a chronologically-relevant standpoint.

Agreed. Why fix his kids and not himself. Fixing himself would cancel out the kids problem along wiht it.

Yes, but as a story point, it shows Doc being stupid. Plus, he goes anal over Marty about changing his future, in part 3. What did he do in movie 2... change Marty's life. In a less useful way.

Another thing I never understood was how Doc could criticize Marty for knowing too much about his own future, when he himself read Marty's letter and wore the bulletproof vest.

the day doc picked marty up was the same day marty ran into that rolls royce racing needles.

No when Doc picked up Marty in II it was still on October 26th, and when Marty came back from 1885, he set the Time Circuits for October 27th 1985

What I never understood was why they went to the future in the first place. He couldn't just go back and prevent the Rolls Royce crash? I mean, more than anything, it seemed like that was the event that started the family down the tubes. So why bother changing something that far into the future? By taking Marty into the future, he sees what it's like and therefore may not be the same person when he returns to the past. May not make the same choices. Thus the past is altered and anything done to change the previous future becomes irrelevant.

Basically, BTTF2 was a fun movie that made no sense whatsoever from a chronologically-relevant standpoint.

A CHALLENGER APPEARS.

its good to know SOME of the new members actually have brains

If the movies had happened in real life, Doc would of repayed Marty's debt by simply warning him about the Rolls Royce. Doc acted very dumb. "Oh we can't change the future. It might have disastrous effects." I'm like: "you threw Griff in jail and got Marty JR. Free". That's changing something... Just go all the way and prevent his injury.

You have to think though, that this was Doc's *technically* first time travel trip, I think that, through all the excitement for him about going thru time and such, he may have not been thinking that straight..>_>

Because he had to make Marty seem he went to to the lake.

precisely

Sign in to follow this