Sign in to follow this  
Joe Statler

Who's your favorite Joker?

Who's your favorite Joker?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best?

• Jack Nicholson - "Batman"
    • Mark Hamill - "Batman: The Animated Series"
    • Cesar Romero - "Batman" (60's TV series)
    • Heath Ledger - "The Dark Knight"

So yea, it's pretty self explanatory. I was watching "Batman Beyond: The Movie" and had this idea for a poll. I don't know if it's been done before, but if so just humor me.

Heath Ledger by FAR, hes exactly what the joker was meant to be but without all the stupid clown s***. and best of all no "joker gas". not to mention hes easily the one whos done the best job in terme of acting.

after him id go with mark hamill then jack nicholson and lastly Ceaser Romero, everyone knows that the 60s sereis was a huge joke (everyone cept handofdooms that is. but hes an idiot)

I'd say Mark Hamill then Heath Ledger. Mark Hamill I think got the laugh and the tone of the Joker perfectly, although Heath Ledger did play the character's persona perfectly. But really their two different types of Jokers from two different storylines so it's kinda iffy. If I were to say that Mark Hamill was a 10 out of 10 then Heath Ledger would be a 9.99999 out of 10. I don't know, it just may be the fact that I was raised watching the animated series every Saturday morning with my father, from it's very beginning in 1992.

It's not fair to compare the Animated series to the Live action series. They are two different things. Both require a different type of acting. The 60's TV seems bad because it was made in a time you weren't born. The corniness you see now, is what was normal for then. That was pure action for kids, like today's Batman: Brave and the Bold, is for now (which revives some of the 60's series feel). If they had someone else that was used for the animated Joker, I could compare. Till than, Mark Hamill will always be No. 1. As for the the others, I like heath's grittier version over Jack's more comical version. But killing people in a restaurant, with a smile, will always be my favorite scene.

Jack Nicholson all the way

you havent seen the dark knight so you dont get it man

Tonight on the new episode of Robot Chicken they had a parody of The Shawshank Redemption but it was Arkham Asylum, and it had Mark Hamill doing the voice of the Joker. It was awesome!

you havent seen the dark knight so you dont get it man

meh. everyone's entitled to their own opinion

meh, i stick to my previous assumptions. i could be wrong but until i watch it i'll never know, and i dont wanna watch it.

i never really liked batman, or any comic book related stuff for that matter. except the first spiderman movie and the x-men movies

You should really see Heavy Metal (1981). It's based off the comic book of the seventies and has awesome music.

not if said opinion is based on ones own ignorance.

I have to agree. I used to insist that Jack Nicholson was the best Joker, however after having seen the Dark Knight a few weeks ago I've changed my opinion.

Heath Ledger is by far the best joker.

yeah, you really cant just see a trailer for TDK and make an assumption. its one of those movies that you have to watch.

Since the old topic is older than 5 days ( <_< ) I started this again.

Without a doubt, Jack. Was Heath really playing the CLOWN PRINCE OF CRIME? No. He wasn't, not at all. He was playing a terrorist who wore clown makeup. Already right there, that's a screwup on this incarnation of the character. They also f'ed up his origin. He didn't get his permenant smile from scars, he fell into a vat of chemicals and his skin was bleached white, hair dyed green, and of course the red smile. Batman '89 nailed the Joker origin. Jack's Joker was like a direct comicbook cutout of the Joker from the comics. Heath barely is recognizable as a Joker. The Joker didn't carry around knives, he carried novelty weapons.... the Joker copter, the Joker gas, the hand buzzer, the "bang" gun, etc.

I was watching the History Channel's documentary of Batman and it said that there are 6 different origins. All from different stories by different authors. Also THE DARK KNIGHT and BATMAN BEGINS are based on the comics Batman: The Man Who Falls, Batman: Year One, and Batman: The Long Halloween. It's just another adaptation of the Batman Universe.

Every comic book series always has different variations to their origins. It depends on the series you read. Or the update the writers want to do.

Since the old topic is older than 5 days ( <_< ) I started this again.

Without a doubt, Jack. Was Heath really playing the CLOWN PRINCE OF CRIME? No. He wasn't, not at all. He was playing a terrorist who wore clown makeup. Already right there, that's a screwup on this incarnation of the character. They also f'ed up his origin. He didn't get his permenant smile from scars, he fell into a vat of chemicals and his skin was bleached white, hair dyed green, and of course the red smile. Batman '89 nailed the Joker origin. Jack's Joker was like a direct comicbook cutout of the Joker from the comics. Heath barely is recognizable as a Joker. The Joker didn't carry around knives, he carried novelty weapons.... the Joker copter, the Joker gas, the hand buzzer, the "bang" gun, etc.

The Joker really dosen't have an offical origin, he has many, the Vat of Chemicals is the most famous origin, and the most used, but their is many, and many types. The Jack N. Joker used the most famous type, the funny evil clown. Their is no official way to be the Joker, and the Heath Ledger Joker was a little based on modern issues, Terrorism, they mixed that with the Joker, and add made a new and incredible Joker.

the official origin of the joker is that there is no official origin. the reason that i prefer heaths is that not only did he do a more convincing job in terms of line delivery and body language etc but his character was actually BELEIVABLY evil while nicholsons was kinda just a clown..

i can see why you prefer i though dooms. i mean up untill recently you took the 60s sereis of batman seriously so how can we expect you to fully grasp the concept of what the joker is meant to be.

Sign in to follow this