Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Evilraptor

Restricting Delorean Speeds to 88

Johny you were the one who wanted to do this remember. Be glad that Blue came here.

I'm too glad until I dunno what th- *boom* am I doing.

one side effect of limiting speeds.

It can launch your car into the air and cause erratic things to happen.

lol I just tried it myself and the DeLorean rocketed to the air before it reached 84 mph. I went "What th- *boom*?!"

Of course you went what th- *boom*. VC is crap remember.

Lol I love it how I've never even implemented it into my main.scm X)

I just saw the logic, posted it to the person who wanted it... and they said it didn't work :P

yeah. And SPM mode too. 10 seconds and it launches to the air.

Ah Funfunfun... :P

Meh, I'm modelling these days anyway, cba with coding :P

I'm much too much of a novice for helping people anyway... don't know why people ask me anyway... :P

cause you starting to understand the way of coding lol.. :P

Lol?

I'm no coder... sure it'd be snazzy to be able to code half as well as some of the people on here, but it's not something I'm enthused about, I got 3DS Max and Sketchup and Photoshop for a reason... I wanna model...

NB: All 3 of those that I "own" are plundered... Yarr!!

hhmm... I created another code and it does launch you to the air.. lol <_<:P

I am again suggesting my idea where the maximum speed the speedometer shows is 88 when you're in a DeLorean.

I've never seen the DeLorean's digital speedometer go beyond 88. I just only see it stop at 88 during time travel sequences, and stay there 'till time travel occurs. The time travel experiment and the part when Doc, Marty and Jennifer travel back from 2015 to 1985(A) are two good examples -- the acceleration was high (meaning the speed was increasing quickly; remember how fast the number in the speedometer increased?) when the acceleration suddenly (seemingly) went to zero (meaning the speed went constant) when it reached 88; It's hard for a vehicle like the DeLorean to suddenly go from high acceleration to zero acceleration.

In most or all time travel sequences with Marty, Marty always look at the windshield and give attention to where he's heading to and the wormhole forming in the front than in and to the speedometer, also he always drives as fast as he can to time travel in those time travel sequences.

Also, Doc did put a label on the speedometer, saying "Set to 88".

You mean, just the speedometer? Lol, I could totally do that.

Yeah, angeloe, that's a great idea! Johnny, if you could do that, that'd be much easier than having to deal with the problems with flying into the air and a slow car.

yeah..And my feelings to the mod is suddenly were off. Mike know why. <_<

You mean, just the speedometer? Lol, I could totally do that.

That'd be nice, do it to main.scm of the 0.2e 20081208 update.

Off-topic: Also (JohnyMan), are you also capable of bringing back the fuel feature of the mod? That'd be nice too (it's been long I've missed this feature; I like trapping myself in a gasoline-free era lol). The code is found in 0.2d.

sure.. Need some coding to make the fuel bar same amount when it transform to hover mode.

I don't think Hover Mode uses gas. But angeloe, use Mini-Me's code for now.

No problem. I already made my own gas code based on the 0.2d gas code. :P

It could be true that the hover system is powered by gasoline. Note that Doc said "Mr. Fusion powers the time circuits and the flux capacitor", like the plutonium chamber, while the "internal combustion engine runs on ordinary gasoline, it always has".

If Mr. Fusion also powers the hover system, too, then we would be falling down to the ground or not being able to fly in the mod if Mr. Fusion is empty. Also, time travel is not always ensured even when Mr. Fusion is filled up before lifting off. And, most of all, why would Doc bother to start up the engine if the hover system runs on Mr. Fusion power?

If it was powered by gasoline, however, it won't be a waste 'cause the internal combustion engine isn't used when flying, though as if you simply drove on a very clear highway.

Well, I never said the hover systems were based on the Mr. Fusion. It could be a giant battery for all we know. Besides, when you take a look at the bottom of the BTTF 2 delorean, you see all that stuff underneath. It could be some extra stuff down there that powers the Hover Systems. Therefore, not using gas so a gas code for Helicopters and the flying del is a complete waste.

EDIT: Also, angeloe, could you make the code to restrict the Speedo from going above 88? It's much easier than restricting the actual speed and changing the speed limit.

Edited by Fishy-Fish

Well, I never said the hover systems were based on the Mr. Fusion. It could be a giant battery for all we know. Besides, when you take a look at the bottom of the BTTF 2 delorean, you see all that stuff underneath. It could be some extra stuff down there that powers the Hover Systems. Therefore, not using gas so a gas code for Helicopters and the flying del is a complete waste.

Having the fuel feature work alongside the flying circuits just goes to show that the hover system doesn't have a sort of unlimited source of energy to work. I like limiting stuff in the game -- being stuck on a gasoline-less era with a DeLorean with an empty tank for me is fun. :lol:

Also, is there really enough space in the bottom of the DeLorean, seeing the DeLorean's bottom is too thin to contain a "giant battery"? Nor does the rest of the DeLorean since they're filled up with basically time machine and vehicle parts. That leaves only the trunk at the front as the one with enough space, which was clearly empty in the movie.

We can't really be sure, though. It's easy to say that the hover system is powered by Mr. Fusion, or a giant battery, or gasoline itself, but the movies never told much info about them. It's just really my own opinion to have the fuel feature working alongside the hover system since the hover system itself still needs a limited power source to work (we can't use Mr. Fusion either because this will mean more code). If this was a real coding request for the mod, I wouldn't really recommend it either.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Your long winded explanations made it clear :)

This is me. Everytime I finished doing some code or making a review on a video game or movie perhaps, posting such long-winded posts is more likely I would do in my case. :lol:

Lol, I see. Well, I don't mind.. Longer explanations makes it clearer for everybody rather than having a 2 sentence explanation about a feature, or something :D

Sign in to follow this