Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Ziero

Random Stuff

So I've started this thread mainly to post anything I come up with. Didn't know where else to post it all. Plus, having it all in one spot seemed convenient at the time. I've been having some really random thoughts about the mod, and one of those is a solution to a problem I've seen posted before.

I've been experiencing game crashes of my own (who doesn't :P) and I thought maybe if some things were deleted (Peds, traffic, etc.) not only would that let the game run smoother, but wouldn't it also free up space for the modders? I'm not talking about removing all peds and traffic, though, just reduce how many are active at once (or whatever its called).

Also, what's the deal with there being so many '55 police cars in 2015. I mean, come on its 2015, let's see more of the appropriate police cars.

And why so many stock Deloreans on the street? Those cars are supposed to be rare by real life standards.

Another thing about freeing up mod space, if the Unique Jumps and money collection markers were removed, wouldn't that help?

I know I seem to be complaining about alot of things, but seeing as I have no modding abilities myself, I am just trying to offer suggestions. Also, if we have a "Save anywhere" option, then why have saving markers in game? Also, why does the game crash on me when I try to use the "Save anywhere" option? Please, someone reply to this and maybe ease my mind. I understand that VC has its limits and the mod team is doing its best to work around those. I commend their efforts. You guys are doing a great job and keep it up, please. Well, that's all I have for now, will post more as the ideas come to me. I love you guys, the mod is Bad @zz.

First of all, the mod frequently crashes because the mod is currently unstable for many computers (some seem to be able to handle it well). Reducing traffic ain't that easy. I'm not really sure how traffic works, but as far as I know cars are categorized by groups -- for the poor, rich, workers, etc.. Del was able to take advantage of these categories so that he can replace them with era-based groups like 1955-category, 1985-category etc.. Still we have this traffic. Also, the peds, who are also categorized by groups, will be replaced so that we can have only one set of people for each era of Hill Valley, so that won't be a worry.

Secondly, the police system in the future versions may be disabled or remove due to the fact that making serious crimes and getting heavily chased by the police for them don't fit with Marty's description. For now, we have 1955 cops in the wrong eras, but in the future we'll have the right cops for each era, but there's a chance that you won't be chased or even bothered by them anymore.

Thirdly, the DeLoreans, like I said above, are categorized to a certain group, the 1980s car group specifically. Since it's done that way, it's hard to make the appearance of DeLoreans in the road rare, unless Del does something in the code to make it that way (if that's possible anyways).

Fourthly, the unique jumps and other stuff of the like in VC are already removed by Del. Though it may be true that he left some of these features for future purposes.

Finally, the "save anywhere" feature has one limitation -- if you save while riding in a car, it will definitely crash. I assume you've been saving the game while driving.

I hope these answer your questions. :D

Thirdly, the DeLoreans, like I said above, are categorized to a certain group, the 1980s car group specifically. Since it's done that way, it's hard to make the appearance of DeLoreans in the road rare, unless Del does something in the code to make it that way (if that's possible anyways).

:D

Well take the racecar for example, it's hard to find, how could that be done with the delorean

Also, I thought up another idea. I was wondering if it was possible to have lightning bolts in game. What I'm trying to say is, when you're flying around during NOV 12 1955 at about 10:00 PM and the DeLorean gets struck by lightning, is there anyway to make a cutscene or something that actually shows a bolt of lightning hit the car? During which the car would shake or whatever like in the movie? And then the backwards 99 trails. If I remember correctly, the backward 99 trails were only caused b/c the car supposedly spun so fast that it hit 88 mph. Any ideas?

That idea of adding the lightning is a good idea but if it was possible then it would have been added allready. You can't do it due the limitations of Vice City. If they could make it for the backwards 99 fire trail then the could've added it in for the clock tower mission.

not really with the smaller screen during cut scenes just make a corona lightning bolt shaped thing hit the DeLorean since the flux coils dont glow during the scene theres no risk of running over the limit

It supports bmp only right.

O_o . silly me. :unsure:

The game doesn't allow that type of texture feature.

I do remember seeing an SA CLEO mod having nice glow effects representing an almost realistic lightning. When I (desperately) looked further, I found another vid showing a realistic lightning effect on VC. Dunno if it is really real VC effects and not an Adobe After Effects thing, but by the looks of it -- especially when the camera moved to a position where it's facing the leaves or the top part of a tree during the lightning effect, where brown/gray stuff surrounding those leaves appear and seem to be almost blocking the view to the lightning effect -- it is real.

Did my dots in post No.13 erased?? :huh: wierd

So, another idea I had was, is there any way to have some sort of blip or something appear when we are using RC mode with the DeLoreans to show how far away we need to be to hit 88 mph just before the car would hit players character. (I like suspence just as much as the next person, but I am really tired of running over myself when I'm trying tho re-enact the best scene in BTTF.)

Not really. The game can't calculate how far the car needs to hit 88 MPH in real time. Just drive the RC up to 87, turn, than drive towards yourself.

When it turns, it lose it speed. <_<

and don't forget to spin the wheels (although I don't think that actually helps with the acceleration in game, or at least it doesn't seem like it)

It does not help in acceleration. I've try it. <_<

It does not help in acceleration. I've try it. <_<

When you go 87 MPH away from you then turn, you don't keep driving forward and immediately drive it straight to you. It will definitely fail. Once you reach 87 MPH, stop. From that point, try doing a 180-turn in the best way you can 'till you make the DeLorean face towards you. Backing the DeLorean before accelerating forward would also be necessary at times. Once you have it right, then accelerate.

If you fail again by having the DeLorean crash to 'ya, do the "waking up from the dead" bug -- before you completely collapse to the floor after getting hit by the DeLorean, immediately switch to RC mode, then back to Tommy. At this point, you'll find Tommy lying on the floor. Press Jump to get him back on his two feet again.

I know RC time travel can be sometimes a headache to get it right, but since we're not Doc Brown who can calculate distance and speed better than anyone with nothing but his head, his eyes and a speedometer on a huge remote control which Doc doesn't seem to look at while attempting RC time travel, there's nothing bad on retrying numerous times to get right. You'll still find the RC time travel fun if you get it right later.

Well in the book it hints that all of the aspects of the experiment were meticulously planned out by doc before hand. I mean it doesn't outright say it but you get a notion that it was.

I've try it for the second time. Kinda works. :mellow:

Sign in to follow this