Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
The Doc

PCI Graphics card

I can't post this in the computer tech topic because it says the topic is 7 days old and I can't post in topics 7 days older or older, but does anyone know of a graphics card that is PCI and not PCI-E, I've been :google: and :YahooSmiley: all the time, but PCI-E keeps popping up, this card needs to be at least 256 MB or close to that running at 200MHz if that is good, and there are more problems with my computer, why doesn't my Wi Fi ever work? It has been like that since I got this Laptop and the computer tech couldn't solve why, and my laptop has two 512 MG RAM cards I need to upgrade to 2 GB, but there are only two slots, do I have to remove one card? If so what would I do with it?

And I need these cards to be available to buy in stores, that is the graphics cards.

Edited by The Doc

I have a 256mb ATI Radeon 9250 PCI card, it's decent but there's not Anti-Aliasing, and won't play games like spore and many others. Although it worked great for HALO, Evil Dead Regeneration, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, and of course the GTA series (except for IV)

nVidia 8400GS

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814133245

yes you will need to replace at least one of your RAM modules to upgrade. and you can do whatever the hell you want with it. sell it on ebay or something :P

I have a 8400 GS PCI-E, I bought it for $46 including S&H and tax. Suggest a cheaper one? And how come statler's card can't handle GTA IV?

the 8400GS is prolly the best card youre gonna get for PCI

but if its cheap youre looking for, this probably isnt bad

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814133233

and his card cant handle it cause GTA4 requires at least an X1900, he only has a 9250, 3 generations too old.

I have a 8400 GS PCI-E, I bought it for $46 including S&H and tax. Suggest a cheaper one? And how come statler's card can't handle GTA IV?

I have the exact same card as Statler. You'll be lucky to run anything newer than a title from 2004.

Edited by Dark Slayer487

There is a problem though, the 8400 GS I have is PCI-E and I have no computer with PCI-E slots, so the card is still in the box, I'm looking for a new card now, and I can't get a very expensive one, I guess I can return the 8400 GS and buy the PCI one from New Egg.

It might make more sense to upgrade your motherboard, considering that the i7 comes out next year you might be able to get a quad core with PCI-E slots for very cheap :thumbup: Thats what I'm doing, I may even go for i7, what the hell if its worth it.

it wont push prices down that much

It did when Quad came out, I got my dual core for next to nothing.

i have a 512mb 8400 gs pci e works good for alot of stuff.

don't go intel go amd

am2 is the much better socket

...wrench...

i havent tried many games on my 8400 gs

both the core 2 and the core i7 are much better than anything AMD offers.

Why does intel graphics cards have to be at least 1.8 Mhz to plat GTA IV, but AMD it needs to be at least 2.4GHz? It's close to that. What's the difference between AMD and Intel? i7 is expensive.

Edited by The Doc

Don't use intel, intel graphic card chipsets suck, if they didn't we wouldn't have to go out and buy replacements for the integrated graphics that come installed on most comps (Dell at least).

But that's my own opinion.

cant really say as i dont follow AMD too well. and its CPUs, not graphics cards.......

I just saw an ATI HD 4870 512MB PCI for £180/$360, Thats what I'm going for, but I could either buy that now with 2 2Gb ram sticks for my current motherboard or wait till i7 comes out, and see how much that causes a price drop of other motherboards, either way I have to wait till next year <_<

the i7 has been out for weeks. if it was gonna push prices down it would have by now

Really? I thought they were waiting till next year to realease i7 <_< Oh well, I'll wait anyway, its most likely buggy like QuadCore was when it was released :mellow:

the 920 (base model) is almost as fast as the Core 2 Extreme QX9770 (top of the range). no reports of any issues yet

Too bad that prices of PC parts don't change for the holidays (at least not here). Whole computers do, but not really the parts themselves.

Sign in to follow this