Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gameznerd

!!Halo The Movie!!

Guest Gameznerd

Hey guys,

A little question. When I was searching on the Internet I found out that there was coming a Halo The Movie, do you guys know anything about it? Please tell and show me anything you find, ore know about it. And do you know when it releases? Oh and what's the real name of the movie?

Thnx Guys!!!

It's been through so much waiting that they're planning on either scrapping it or putting away the idea for a long time.

It's destined to fail. Look at all the great games that failed as movies. Lets see, there's DOOM, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Super Mario Bros., Mortal Kombat 2, BloodRayne, Double Dragon, and Hitman.

They made a super mario movie? I wanna see :P

the game doesnt suck. But the movie will. If they even make it....X)

Edited by Jay

Guest Gameznerd

<_< Don't know. Maybe it would be cool. I saw some trailers and they looked cool ;)

But do you guys got any information about it?

They made a super mario movie? I wanna see :P

Oh yea, it was made in 1993 and has Bob Hoskins (Who Framed Roger Rabbit) as Mario and John Leguizamo (Spawn, The Pest) as Luigi, it also has Dennis Hopper as King Koopa.

Here's the trailer:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">

It's a good movie if you don't think of it as Mario Bros.

As Mario Bros though, it sucked.

Guest Gameznerd

please back to topic :( could someone tell me when Halo The Movie releases?

Why not?

Cause it would suck big donkey balls! Just think about it, crap game = crap film, good game = crap film! the End

I'm still waiting for the Dragon Ball film, and before you say that it didn't come from a game, the 'Dragon Ball Z' series came after the game 'Dragon Quest', made by the same ppl, which came out before 'Final Fantasy' :P

Edited by Orgcon

don't forget tomb raider 1 and 2. video game movie adaptions wil never be good cause the studios are to dumb to fiqure out that maybe they should hire directors familiar with the source material and have a vision instead of hiring hacks. but they will always hire hacks cause they will do their bidding and not question anything.

Even if it's made, it's gonna fail.

Never expect all movies to suck before they're released or even made even though they're based from the games. I expected Iron Man the movie to fail like those Japanese children shows I see on TV, but to my surprise it rocked. I expected Resident Evil to fail completely, but in the end my movie review partner ended up shouting like a girl while my heart pounded like hell while thrilled and excited as I watched the movie.

The reason why game-based movies suck because they knew little about the game, or made too many changes from the game, or made it too canonical (a la Mario Bros. the movie) that it looked like a game with real-life characters, or the makers aren't good at film adaptations, or simply they suck at film-making.

I expect Halo the movie to suck too. It was to be developed and released by Universal Studios and 20th Century Fox, where del Toro or Blomkamp will be the director and Peter Jackson will be the executive producer. The film's preproduction was stopped and resumed many times and Blomkamp even said the project is already dead while Jackson remains optimistic about the film still being made, so I expect the movie to be messy or crap when it is made and released, but I also do expect surprises, hoping that these guys know that they'll fail Halo fans if they fail at this project. As of now, there is no definite release date. We're not even sure if it is going to be made.

I'm also anticipating the Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time movie on May 28, 2010. The producer is Jerry Bruckheimer, the same producer of The Pirates of Caribbean, and one of its writers is Jordan Mechner, the creator of Prince of Persia himself, so don't expect much that this will suck too.

The only video game movie that I really liked was Wing Commander. Although Wing Commander 4 was basically a movie itself, since it had actors like Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), John Rhys-Davis (Gimli, Prof. Arturo), and Malcolm McDowell (Dr. Tolian Soran <Star Trek: Generations>)

The reason why I call suck is, they give the rights off and never use the actually people that did them, make the movie. It's the same reason why a lot of the Marvel/DC movies where crap. They hand it off to people that aren't attached to the material, and shoot out S**T. Iron-Man didn't suck because Marvel funded and wrote the entire thing. They even got the comic writers to give them feedback. Spider-Man worked because the director is a hardcore fan. Batman Begins and The Dark Knight had writers that fully understood how Batman thinks and acts. The perfect cast help as well. The POP movie has a chance, since they have the original creator doing it. Hollywood needs to stop hiring cheap/crap writers and allow the original creators input, they wouldn't suck.

Well look Stan Lee created and did a cameo in HULK, and that was crap, you'd think he'd have more say in the direction the movie's going. And Spiderman, although good, was also not very well done (compared to the comic and animated series) especially since in the movie Parker naturally made his web, as where in the comic and animated series he created the web using chemicals and made a canister to shoot it out (also keep in mind that Sam Raimi is my favorite director because of his work in THE EVIL DEAD, ARMY OF DARKNESS, DARKMAN, HERCULES, & XENA: WARRIOR PRINCESS). And Batman Begins and The Dark Knight weren't actually based on the original Batman. It was based off of the graphic novels that guy did (forgot his name).

The reason why I call suck is, they give the rights off and never use the actually people that did them, make the movie.

That's what I've just said, but I removed that sentence in my previous post earlier.

I just hope POP:TST makes it through. I like the Sands of Time trilogy. Prince of Persia was one of the earliest games I've played, and seeing it go 3D while still being cool just goes to show the entire POP series rock. I just hope the movie will be, too. I also hope the new POP game will be, too.

Stand Lee does cameos in all the Marvel films, not just Hulk. He can't control a lot of things once they give the rights to another company. He is bound to a contract and set rules. The Iron Man movie was entirely made with Marvels money, and no Hollywood company had a say in it. They got sick of half their series becoming screwed up. Stan Lee wanted Peter to shoot webs naturally. He thought it would be odd that he'd had to make it out of chemicals (He thought the reverse, back in 1963). The movie is already fantasy, adding that wouldn't hurt. Writing for the batman novels makes him perfect for the job. He knew the workings of Batman over some guy writing junk to get quick cash.

Sign in to follow this