:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
skypokemon

Clustering Computers

I thing that you do not read, I searched on Clustering Computers on Google, every link on the page whas about clustering computers.

Yeah I bet it was but non of them explain how to setup a cluster what a cluster can do and what practial uses it can have at home. (like computer games)

I'm sorry, but no one is understanding what you're asking

You simply cant, if you look a few post back I explained they use it for servers, not for Game Computers.

Skypokemon... you're right that it combines processing power.... CPU wise... but graphically, 10 computers with video cards that support ONLY Pixel shader 2.0 won't magically support Pixel Shader 3.0.. They'll still support ONLY Pixel Shader 2.0.. Most NEWER games need a video card with support for Pixel Shader 3.0.. No amount of graphics power from a bunch of outdated video cards can run a game NONE OF THEM SUPPORT!!!

Although you should be able to play anything from the same age of your PC's really well. But so could a pc from a year ago.

Edited by Dave27

I said nothing about the graphics cards. All the computers I want to use meet the requirements for my games, but lag. I want to know if clustering them will make them run smoother, nothing about graphic gards.

If you can get it working, maybe, else no. Best thing you can do that will save you a lot money later on is just buy a good PC. Since old Hardware isn't always good for your energy bill.

Besides. Even if you were able to connect multiple PC's the games wouldn't even use them. Unless the game understands the tech you have connected, it won't use the extra power. FYI my PC was built for rendering HD shows. Basically the same requirements to run any game at max. It cost $2,300 total. I have 24GB ram. That alone cost $300.

But you need that extra power for your modding I don't, I just need a fast PC that can hold alot of movies and games. And run them with minimum lag.

I have bought a PC which I use at me dad, it cost me 400€ after I put a new Graphic Card in it, which cost me 90€ could it run all me Games, and movies. I played even SA with ENB Series on almost the highest settings.