Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
archer9234

Building my PC

I've just completed my new PC build. I needed to upgrade in order to deal with HD work for my youtube show. Here are some pictures from the build. I also shot probably 2 hrs of footage, so I could make a how to video on youtube in the following week.

DSCF2445.jpg

DSCF2444.jpg

DSCF2438.jpg

DSCF2437.jpg

DSCF2436.jpg

lol at handicap rails. This case is meant to sit on the floor. The top are handles to deal with this damn thing fully loaded at 70lbs. Specs: Intel quad i7 2.93Ghz, 24GB (16 usable) DDR3 RAM, Geforce GTX 570, SSD 80GB drive, Thermaltake 850W PSU with cable management, Bluetooth & wireless N, HD capture card, WD 1TB and 80GB Drive acting as main paging files. Total cost $2000. This is offset by me giving all my old parts to my mom and sisters new PC setups. Other perks USB 3.0, SATA 6Gb/s support, 7.1 surround sound, Dual Ethernet ports, & Hyperboot. Time from cold start to fully loaded desktop 18 seconds. Encoding time for a 1080p movie 25 minutes.

That's still very fast. It took me 1 hour to encode a 10 minute 720p recording. 1080p in 25 minutes is FAST.

Man I've been wanting a better computer for ages. I've had a Windows 2000 until last year, and then I got my own computer, a slow XP 2002. Good for it being free, but not up to specs.

case looks crammed... no room for the replica flux capacitor...

DAMN. My laptop's ATI Radeon 5650 HD and Core i7 can run GTA4 and Crysis on all on high, but with some intolerable lag...and heat.

But this is pretty alright for me, in fact more than enough. Since I'm always "on the move" these days where a capable laptop would very important, I'm not planning to own a real gaming desktop anytime soon. I bought this laptop more for my college major, game design. DigiPen Institute game projects like Igneous and Attack of the 50ft Robot made me think that my old HP laptop won't be able to handle my future game projects.

I'm planning to grab Crysis 2 after playing Crysis and Crysis: Warhead. Same goes for Dead Space 2 after playing 1. I've missed a lot when I was stuck with my old games and low-end PCs, and I'm currently catching up. I however already played COD: Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops, though, with my temporary gaming mini-PC I upgraded for my dad.

I just did a test with fraps. My game runs at a average 42-45fps. 1920x1080 res. 50fps if not a lot of shadows. 32-35fps when recording with fraps at full res and 60fps.

Sign in to follow this