:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

To All Steam Half-Life Users

oh boy Mike :D

We were in a level that was like a locker room with a pool in the center. and there was only 1 spawn point. So if 2 people died then they would both spawn in the same spot at the same time. Meaning both were stuck :D ELBDelorean managed 25 kills on me cause I died once and then he waited for me to respawn then chucked lockers at me over and over and over again :(

For all those that don't know where that quote comes from:

" width="200px" height="200px">
" />
" width="200px" height="200px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

An excerpt of that is installed as a sound that is played to everyone on the server, when being triggered by the chat. And be warned, I'm a fan of the Quake sounds ("Mo, Mo, Mo, Monsterkill, kill, kill").

To be fair, I do have both Half-Life 2, and Counter Strike Source, I believe Mini-Me has them as well.
Yes, Sir. If we ever were to play that I'd even like to install a "gungame" mod on the server that is enabled for certain maps.

But as a full run down of games that can be played, we have the following available:

[...]

Unreal Tournament - 1999 Game of the year edition

Whereas I myself don't like Unreal Tournament, the aiming feels a lot more unprecise than in Half-Life :P. It's like you shoot a meter next to your enemy and he still dies. Also I'm not that a fan of these fictional weapons.

At least that way you wouldn't be relying on me to keep switching it on etc.

Yeah, especially if I managed to crash it again :D. I already have updated the batch file you start the Half-Life 2 Deathmatch server with and created such one for HL1, so that it now starts the server in console mode and waits for it to quit. When it does, it starts itself again. Also it should also fix our RCON problem.

Mini - can put all of the custom sounds that we download from the server when we join a game into a zip file and upload it to the uploads folder on my ftp - I will add these into the map pack zip and then users will only have 1 thing to download and add to their hl2mp installation.

Here's a pic from our session yesterday:

This is Mike just hanging around:

Mikehangingaround.jpg

I'm thinking about recording sessions from time to time VIA Fraps..... would everyone who plays be ok with that? Voices from Skype would be recorded as well.

I'm thinking about recording sessions from time to time VIA Fraps..... would everyone who plays be ok with that? Voices from Skype would be recorded as well.

And upload them? i could do with a laugh.

<_<

............................................________

....................................,.-'"...................``~.,

.............................,.-"..................................."-.,

.........................,/...............................................":,

.....................,?......................................................\,

.................../...........................................................,}

................./......................................................,:`^`..}

.............../...................................................,:"........./

..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../

............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../

.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/

..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}

...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../

...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../

............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"

............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\

.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__

,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,

.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\

...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\

................................`:,,...........................`\..............__

.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``

........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\

...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

So you already zipped the sounds yourself, Mike?

Nah, I don't want to have my chatter on Skype uploaded to Youtube.

So you already zipped the sounds yourself, Mike?
Yes.

Nah, I don't want to have my chatter on Skype uploaded to Youtube.
Only because you sing along to the YMCA clip when it gets played :lol:

Only because you sing along to the YMCA clip when it gets played :lol:

That's one reason, yes :P.

I'd be for trying to let the server record demos that can be uploaded to here (or an other webserver if the files are big), when these then are played on the client side you can watch the match from every angle you wish.

I bought HL2 Deathmatch. Bring it on.

Server is up: 86.150.32.153

I would strongly recommend you download and extract this zip file first before joining http://www.bttfhillvalley.co.uk/hl_stuff/hl2dm_map_packs.zip If you don't, by the time the files for a particular map have finished downloading, you will only have a few minutes of game play before the map changes and you'd need to download the next set of map files all over again.

Sign in to follow this