Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
daangelo29

3DSMax VS Blender

Which one's better? (And I'm talking about the latest versions). Planning to go back to my good old modeling days. I've used 3DSMax before, but I'm wondering if Blender is a good alternative.

Ehm, EMO... Both 3DS and Maya are from AutoDesk...

It's like saying Adobe AfterEffects is the standard for video editing and not Adobe Premiere. Each one is better for extra functions.

Besides, when a professional model is requested, a 3DS file is required to be delivered.

Well, the study's about Art and Design and they put you in the game industry after that because they've tied relationships with companies like: Ubisoft and Guerilla Games.

So I think that they know what they're doing/saying.

hes not saying that theyr incorrect hes saying you are, you havent started this course yet so you have no idea what the deal with 3ds and maya is all you know is that they told you that maya is the industry standard, wich is true, its just that 3ds is used too

Sorry for the bump, but I wanna ask if Maya or Blender can be used for GTA SA modding like DFF importing/exporting. Just curious.

I might go for Maya next school year. My course will be about animation and game programming.

Use maya to make the animations but when it comes to exporting them import them into 3ds MAX and export via 3ds MAX.

Blender's exporters are um..... crap

and Maya doesn't have any but is best for making animations.

Sign in to follow this