Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

Unnoticed BTTF error?

Ok so I was watching BTTF 1 and noticed something during the Enchantment dance. After Marty stops playing JBG, they film 2 scenes at the same time. In the background after it shows the crowd, you can see Strickland put his hands down BEFORE the scene where he puts his hands down. SO they filmed that part at the same time they showed the crowd.... interesting stuff. Some of you may have noticed it already but failed to mention :P

I'll try to find a video of the scene :P

Most movies will shoot multiple angles.

Did you notice the destination time and last time departed LCD colours are reversed in some shots?

Did you know when doc was strapping Einstein in, the time circuit dates are different and the month was a numerical number?

Also in BTTF 2, when Biff runs were Lorraine and her friend are (1955), there's a guy walking and looking at Lorraine's dress, then he leaves that scene. In the next scene, there's again the same guy walking on the same place and looking again at Lorraine's dress xD.

Edited by Carlos_McFly

I've notice what DK said a long time ago

One mistake is that in part 2 when there about to go to 1955 from A1985, the time circuits are on, and he bangs them to fix the error, and they were still on, then the next seen they show him turning the handle to turn on the TC, and he goes, TC On

Did you know when doc was strapping Einstein in, the time circuit dates are different and the month was a numerical number?

I did. Only the C car had the alpha-numeric display.

Hey you guys remember when doc brown is with his other self in 1955 in the court house square to set up the "weather experiment"? Well when he hands the screw driver to his other self look at his arm past the poll, it looks funny since sit was a special effect. I know this isn't actually a movie error and it was a special effect at the time, but it looks funny when you notice.

Not a special effect another actors arm, those wore 2 vids there put together side by side

i know, since they had to do some thing to make something in a clip, doesn't that make it a special effect?

Never noticed the hand... So I guess it was good enough made :P

Also, Kocher, your sig is 2 pixels too high :D

lol, it is but I think the mod team is ok with it.

@TheModTeam if it's a problem let me know, I'll change it.

Edited by Mr.Kocher

If I was to type all the mistakes I've noticed in that film it would take up at least a page but I'll put a couple.

1. When Marty first gets to 1955 in part 1 look at the roof of the mayor car 2 speakers, 1 speaker and flag.

2.When he gets back to 1985 after clock tower look at the yellow time circuits they say OCT but shouldn't it say NOV.

3. When the delorean breaks down in the 50's and the TC switch off look at the switch they're not even turned on!

I won't bore you with any more :D

For the funny shot of the poll, and many other scenes, they used the Vista-Glide system, developed by ILM for the first time in BTTF2, it allowed the camera movements of the first shot to be recorded into a computer, and then played back exactly the same, but in some scenes, like old biff and young biff in the car in the garage, if you watch closely when the camera pulls back or comes in to biff, you see the metal bar down the middle of the windscreen move a little bit, that's because when the computer plays back the movements, it cant account for little indents in the concrete floor, so its never gonna be exactly right. But back to the poll, the arm going behind the poll wasn't actually docs arm at all, it was a stand in for that scene, cause they knew when the overlapped the footage, the stand in wouldn't be there, the real doc would, but obviously it looks wierd cause they didn't get it perfectly in sync. They also used the Vista-Glide in a movie called Multiplicity.

(and all of that straight out of the top of my head)

PS: in bttf 2, when there in 2015 and you see the shot with 3 martys, if you watch closely as marty fills up marty jr's cup, just as he is about to move the cup, the cup slightly changes its position on the table, and the liquid suddenly stops rippleing.

No, the spliced film is shaking because of the film itself. Back than, they didn't have fully smooth film system. And it would slightly bounce up and down. The vista glide runs on a track. Nothing would disrupt both camera passes. That's the point. To allow the creation of multiple passes. The reason why the arm scene is awkward, is because they had to freeze 1985 doc, to align him to the other half of the footage.

yah get that, but that's still something a normal camera on it's own can't do, therfore I think it's a special effect.

There is one thing i noticed no one ever seen I believe, when the delorean is hovering right behind biff, and marty gets out on the hoverboard to hover to Biff's car, when he gets next to the hover wheel of the delorean, you can see for a brief second there is little wheels under the delorean making it look like its hovering

I figured no one mentioned it so :P

That's a good one coolest.

I think I have on I noticed. Remember the 2015 cap, well remember when grif comes in and marty sets the hat on top of the arcade, well in the next seen when you see marty jr coming in, it isn't there. goes to show there was only one hat

Sign in to follow this