Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

My review of Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2

Hello forum, today I will give you my thoughts on SW: TFU2.

So this morning I played the game. At first I was excited but was ultimately disappointed. Here's why:

Force Powers: To start off you have Force Push, Force Lightning and Force Grip. further on you'll get Mind Trick, Saber Throw and Repulse. These powers do come in handy but they start off very weak and can only effect 1 enemy at a time until you upgrade them. No biggie, but I was disappointed that we had to upgrade them AGAIN!!! I understand it gives us something to do but unlike TFU1, you don't have a chance to maximize the upgrades.

Saber attacks: Very few. Unlike the first one, you don't have a menu to check out your available combos. So it's pretty much a guessing game to see how certain things are done.

Enemies: I played on easy to get the feel for it but easy was TOO easy. TFU1 was still able to kick your ass on easy but this time there is NO challenge. And the only enemies you have are PURE Imperial troops and machines. So there are no variations when there easily could have been. And the final boss is a push over (guess who.......again).

Storyline: I was able to beat the game in 4 hours. that's too f***ing short. The cutscenes are nowhere as cinematic as the first one and are short as well. Most of the time it's Starkiller b**ching about how he's a clone and doesn't know who he is and is out to search for Juno. Bottom line, I can cut this game into 4 things.

Escape cloning facility

Rescue Rham Kota

Rescue Juno

Defeat Vader

Overall, it's fun for the 4 hours I played, but if you fell for the hype you will ultimately be disappointed. It is nowhere near as epic as the first one and only keeps you wishing for a better storyline and a more diverse amount of enemies.

NOT WORTH THE $60 price tag. Thank GOD I didn't buy it.

Tim Buckley from Ctrl+Alt+Delete said the same thing.

http://cad-comic.com - check out his blog post.

after reading the reviews for the game, im not as excited for it anymore. found the first one to be enjoyable.

Good for you. They really went lazy on this one. But knowing trilogies, this one is supposed to be bad to make you hope the next one is OVER 9000 times better. They did leave it on a cliff hanger. So there will be a 3rd one that probably will kick major ass.

You can't throw your saber till later on.... He f***ing threw at the wall to escape in the beginning of the game.

But knowing trilogies, this one is supposed to be bad to make you hope the next one is OVER 9000 times better. They did leave it on a cliff hanger. So there will be a 3rd one that probably will kick major ass.

Since you didn't really specify trilogies of what..

2i20tqe.jpg

Yea I know. It's not until the second or third level. Unlike the first one 1 level is split into 3. And when you go to Dagobah you don't fight anyone. You just go to yoda who is only 30 feet away and that's a WHOLE f***ing level.

@blue I meant games not movies :P

I'll buy Dragon Ball Raging Blast II instead of TFU 2 ... I'm disappointed too ... They should make a game The Force Unleashed but with an other character ... For me Galen Marek died in TFU I .

Well, he is supposed to be a clone of Starkiller in this one. Or he is the original Starkiller with a wiped memory. Vader could have lied about him being dead. who knows...

I hate retcons.

in that chart what are the 10 columbs for star wars? the way id think of it is with only 9 and goes in this order

phantom menace

attack of the clones

clone wars

revenge of the sith

force unleashed

force unleashed 2

a new hope

empire strikes back

return of the jedi

whats the tenth one and where does it go?

Loosely, yes.

Oh yes, especially Lego Star Wars, those are SOOOO canon.

dk you know they've hidden away some content on that game. one of these is endor, another bit is the yellow and silver lightsaber, i only enjoyed the game because you can play as guybrush threepkiller.

Well, Guybrush Threepkiller is a secret costume and I'd rather play as StarKiller. How do I get to Endor? I thought it would only be DLC. What's the point in talking about DLC? The review should only be about the main game and the DLC should be a separate review.

True, but it doesn't effect the main story right? That's what it's about. The core components first:

Story

Gameplay

Characters

then each extra added since it has nothing to do with the main story.

Sign in to follow this