Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
SaiyanPrideFilms

Gaming Laptop

Ok, I'm in the market for a new computer, preferably, a good gaming one, something that i can play (Gta Vc, Gta Sa, Sims 3, (without LAG!!) etc etc etc) for under a grand *usd*, and i dont know where to start. Anyone got any ideas? any feedback will be appreciated!

Thanks, Josh.

Stay away from laptops for games. Even if it meets the recommended requirements, the chipset of the Video Card it uses may not be supported. A LOT of laptop video cards are not support by games. Even from big companys like Nvidia and AMD.

For those of you that DON'T know, ATI is produced by AMD.

For those of you not up to date, ATI GPUs are now branded as AMD GPUs. I.e. AMD Radeon 4850HD

By the way, my MBP 13" has Core2Duo 2.53Ghz, 4GB of RAM and a 256MB Nvidia GeForce 9400M.

Left 4 Dead 2 - no lag

Sims 3 - no lag

Team Fortress 2 - Internet related lags only

Half-Life 2 - no lag

Half-Life 2: Ep1 - minor lag

Half-Life 2: Ep2 - minor lag, only after loading sequences

Call Of Duty 4 - minor lags, related to it being a Cyder port

Burnout Paradise - minor lags for first five minutes, no lags after that.

So I am not sure if it depends on specs that much, the GPU is pretty weak.

Edited by iMaster

good gaming laptop for under $1000 usd

Doesn't exist. Save your money and build youself a decent PC instead. Take it from someone who has been there, I would never buy another gaming laptop again - they just don't last.

That's what she said.

SPOILER:
My girlfriend used to like gaming laptops. But she noted that they are as upgradeable as any other laptop and if something breaks in it, it will cost you plenty. Aaaand her laptop broke and she decided to get a Macbook. So far she's happy with it.

I'd say either go for Lenovo Thinkpad or any HP, if you want a laptop PC. Of course Macbook gets my vote, but they sure are expensive.

Edited by iMaster

Doesn't exist. Save your money and build youself a decent PC instead. Take it from someone who has been there, I would never buy another gaming laptop again - they just don't last.

based on your expertise, what would you suggest i get to build a decent gaming desktop, and i do wanna try to stay under $1,500, but the thing is, i wouldn't know where to start. I mean, i'm pretty decent with computers, but i'm really not all that good at building one lol. what do you suggest?

Edited by SaiyanPrideFilms

It's like a big jigsaw puzzle, quite easy to put together. As it happens I wrote a spec out for my cousin a week or so ago for his new PC, I'll post the specs for it tonight when I get in. It was working out to about £860 or $1300 - which from your budget still leaves $200 to play with for a monitor/speakers if you need them.

Here is the spec:

CoolerMaster Elite 330 ATX No PSU Black

Corsair Memory 550W VX PSU

Tuniq Tower 120 CPU Cooler

Sapphire Technology ATI Radeon 5770 HD 850Mhz 1GB PCI-E HDMI Flex

LG Electronics CH10LS20 10x Internal Super Multi Blue Combo Retail Kit

Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black 7200rpm 32MB SATA 3.5"

Corsair Memory 4GB (2X2GB KIT) DDR3 1333MHZ 240PIN DIMM

ASUS P6X58D-E - motherboard - ATX - iX58

Intel Core i7-930 2.8GHz

That's impossible.

My tiny mind can not grasp the idea of Dell/HP/Apple laptops being bad!

(Alienware is a branch of Dell)

thanks mike im gonna save a little but more money (i only got 900 so far) and then im gonna find those pieces and make a computer. one more thing, should i get someone to do it for me or should i do it myself....wait now that i think about it there should be like a tut. on youtube on how to put a pc together right? anyways im getting ahead of myself, but i saved those specs to a notepad file so i can get it easily. again thanks! :D

EDIT: one more thing i want to know if i built a computer using those specs what games would i be able to play with minimal to no lag? games like gta4 crysis, saw the video game, etc etc, things like that, with those specs, should i be able to play with no problem?

EDIT: also, sorry about my grammar, i'm usually pretty good about that sorta thing :P

Edited by SaiyanPrideFilms

me i recntly got a 1tb hitachi hdd for £46.15, it proves execellent for page files since i ve got a 100 gb page file (btw that i only have programs that take up loads of memory use that so the physical memory is more use for games)

for you gaming a reccommend to have a good cooling system since the permformance of computer parts increases the cooler they are. hmm could you put a computer in a fridge? or even have a water cooling system with the water coming from inside a fridge set to 4 degrees celcius.

Edited by ♠Grim♂ Reaper 1666◙

Sign in to follow this