Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
iMaster

Electric Guitar

Tried one today! Totally loved it, kinda of an unusual feeling since the acoustic, but still.

So I decided to purchase one in 1 or 2 years. Which would you recommend that wouldn't make my wallet starving and would serve at least 10-15 years?

'cept it costs exactly like a Mac Pro where I live.

Well, I think you can get one that lasts about 1 or 4 years, not exactly 15. The reason why is because the only ones that wont leave your wallet starving are the 300 dollar Epiphone guitars. But they last 1 to 3 years. It also depends, how good are you?

Beginner. The thing is, I know Yamahas are good at acoustic guitars, I know cause the one I use is older than I am. So I am more looking into Yamaha.

Well what I would do is base your descision on the genre, for examle, I have a les paul cause I play a lot of sexy rock n' roll. So what's you genre.

Classic Rock'n'Roll.

Yamaha Pacifica looks good. And its a bit over $300.

I am not going to torture it (at least during the first time)

One of the best starter Electric Guitars is a 'Yamaha Pacifica' its an alround guitar, it sounds pretty good and its cheap as chips, I was gonna buy one but I found a 'Washburn X series' for cheaper which is slightly more of a metal guitar kinda like a Gibson SG but 10 times cheaper. Don't buy any knock-off guitars they all suck!

Guitars don't really make a diffence if your just going to be sitting in your room all the time playing it. Its the Amp that makes the sound, and you could have the worlds most expensive guitar but a bad amp is just going to sound bad.

I suggest you start with a cheap guitar, and I don't mean too cheap! Encore just suck all across the board, the 'Yamaha Pacifica' is your best bet and you'll have more money left over to buy a decent Amp.

Amps are difficult to choose because there are so many makes with different powers and states, and it also depends what you want it for.

Just sitting in your room playing you going to want a 10 Watt Solidstate (digital) Amp because you'd get the full power of the amp without it being too loud for the neighbours. (a 100Watt Valvestate fullstack is going to be a silly purchase because the volume knob won't spend much time above lvl 1 and it will sound crap)

For smaller and medium sized gigs while still being able to use it at home, a 30 - 50 Watt half valve, half solid state amp is best, because that way it'll have enough valve power towards the top end for it to be loud enough on stage without it sounding like its being driven to death, and enough solid state so it doesn't sound crap on the lowest volume when at home.

For full Arena Gigs only, I suggest no less that 3 full valve state 100 Watt double cab fullstacks, usually around £1000 - £1500 each. :lol:

Amp, good to know. Got all the notes, thanks to everyone who participated!

Btw just so you, know, amp determines quality of sound, but guitar influences creativity and style. Trust me on that.

what I do is get a cheap fender squire strat and add new pickups and a toggle switch, good enough for me. you can pick up a cheap strat clone at most any pawn shop, but to be honest, you really need a good amp to go along with it. I would go with a tube amp, My dream amp is a marshall Jcm800 2205, but I have a similiar amp called a Peavey windsor. It is 100 watt, and is LOUD.... It also depends on where you live, If you live in an apartment.... 100watt = bad idea... if you live in the country or in a house not surrounded by evil old ladies who hate rock music, then you are good... but like orgcon said you may just want a solid state as tubes amps are loud. Unless you want to play live go with a smaller solid state amp.

I used to own a Marshall JCM 800 its was loud but it was old, so the valves needed changing and it took 20 mins to warm them up before a gig :lol:

Bought it for £400 which was a steal for a 1983 model, sold it for £750 :lol: Suckers!

DOOOOOOD! i want it :D:P

oh Hell Yah!!!, Marshall is my favorite amp, but I have a line 6 spider 3 model right now, only 15 watts, but yah I love marshall.

lol well, maybe if you took the time to look at my video on my guitar thread, you would know exacly what I'm talking about.

Stop advertising, it won't really make people visit your thread

Well damn it RG what do you expect, I wanna hear opinions, it doesn't hurt to actually see what I'm talking about. You guy can at least say no, rather than saying nothing.

lol good one, but it wont. I swear you guys have no idea what it's like to offer the gift music and have every one ignore you, especially when you know it's great music. I only want you to see the video because I want your opinions. I offer music, but all I ask in return is feed back on how it was. It would mean a lot to me if you guys at least would take the time to listen rather than puting it off, nothing in the entire world hurts me more than that, when it comes to music.

Sign in to follow this