Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

Computer technician topic

and the HP computer is a desktop costing $598 with a monitor Speakers but with a Vista operating system.

Well buy XP for $100, and you're $2 under the $700 you wanted to spend...

I think it is a rip off to buy XP because the computer already came with Vista. Vista cost $150 for Basic which means if the computer came with no OS my estimated guess would be the computer would be $50-$100 less.

I think it is a rip off to buy XP because the computer already came with Vista. Vista cost $150 for Basic which means if the computer came with no OS my estimated guess would be the computer would be $50-$100 less.

So download XP...

I don't believe in pirating since the OS might be worse than an actual OS would be if I were to buy it...

Imagine in the future you can pirate video cards like Programs...

Well then either buy XP, use Vista, wait for Windows 7 or keep searching for a XP computer...

The local computer customizing store which is less than a mile away from my house only build/sell computers with XP. Even their newest builds.

When would Windows 7, Blackwood, or Vienna get released?

what th- *boom* is Blackwood? Windows 7 & Vienna are the same thing.

I ment Blackcomb, it the same thing as Windows 7 a Blackwood is a car. Lincoln Blackwood it's a discontinued car similar to the Lincoln Mark LT and it's similar to some Mazda truck...

Guest lebaron

"Windows 7 is aimed to ship around mid-year, in time to be on machines that ship for the 2009 holiday buying season"

http://windows7news.com/2008/11/07/windows...holiday-season/

Early tests have shown it to be even faster than XP in things like boot time. Vista really is fine for the most part, I certainly wouldn't pay any more for XP. Windows 7 seems like it might be worth waiting for, let's hope it stays that way.

Vienna? When I first heard them call it that the first thing I thought of was this:

f_computerviem_812ab82.jpg

(I quickly photoshopped the two images) :w00tdance:

Edited by Honest Joe Statler

lol

Windows Vienna's an old prototype name for Windows 7. Windows 7's no longer named Windows Vienna (since it is no longer a prototype). I'm anticipating its release, hoping that it would serve as a good replacement for my Windows Vista.

Windows7Desktop.png

The visuals will be the same as Windows Vista, but the entire OS itself will be Windows XP and Windows Vista combined -- it's like Windows Vista with no annoying UAC pop-ups, no memory hog programs like the infamous Desktop Window Manager, no more compatibility issues, and some others. Hopefully they say it will have the same system requirements as Windows XP, meaning no longer the need of a high-end PC to run the OS.

Maybe that's something I should look into when I start building my next computer. But will it be able to play Vista games (Halo 2) and others that require DirectX 10

Guest lebaron

I'm dual booting an early version of Windows 7 and every Vista app I've downloaded has worked fine if that's what you're asking. I think BTTF:HV might run slightly better in it.

Maybe the BTTF HV mod wouldn't run since GTA 2 can run on Windows ME, but has issues with Windows XP.

A lot of compatibility issues of all versions Windows, other than Windows Vista, has been fixed in Windows 7. Programs are bound to work well or better in the incoming Windows.

Maybe that's something I should look into when I start building my next computer. But will it be able to play Vista games (Halo 2) and others that require DirectX 10

Of course. Windows 7 will be released with DirectX 11. :P And if you're not planning to switch from Vista to Win7, DirectX 11 will still be available for download for Vista.

It's the next version of Windows for PCs, and it's the result of working hand-in-hand with our partners and with people who use Windows in the real world every day. We're paying particular attention to the things they're telling us are important to them and will make their PCs work the way they want them to—things like enhanced reliability, responsiveness, and faster boot and shut-down. We're also trying to make their everyday tasks easier, like connecting and syncing devices, browsing the web, and managing a home network.

Finally, we're working hard to ensure that Windows 7 will run on any PC and work with any program that works today with Windows Vista, so upgrading from Windows Vista will be easy.

GOOD.

For those who are planning to get Windows 7, it's ensured that the BTTF mod will run with more stability in this OS (the rest of the stability will still rely on your specs).

Vienna? When I first heard them call it that the first thing I thought of was this:

f_computerviem_812ab82.jpg

(I quickly photoshopped the two images) :w00tdance:

w t f the comp case is the one witch has my teacher on school :P i use it sometimes EDIT: W00t now i know how qoute works

Edited by 88 miles per hour

Maybe the BTTF HV mod wouldn't run since GTA 2 can run on Windows ME, but has issues with Windows XP.

well i have GTA2 on xp no crashes

No crashes, but don't you see it says it wouldn't run fine? You could get an update to make it be more compatible with Vista...

i had a problem which i may aswell post here (might help someone else with the same problem)

my computer kept turning itself off (getting too hot) so i opened it up worked a bit better so i put it on its side and to my suprise the colorsit fan wasn't moving properly(clanking) my dad took it out of the power supply and it could be easily be pushed up and down(which they shouldn't be able to do) i now have a easy cool one and it seems to be working (borrowed from where my dad works[from a quiz machine which uses a computer anyway] this was all after the update...

... to check if you have this problem if you can smell burned and/or can feel hot air coming out the back of the power supply then your bearings have most likely worn away. where as mine had gotten so warm that they produced more of a burning smell. it was a beast of a fan though by the looks of it it had a diameter of 7-15cm.

i hope this might be helpful to anyone

Well you also need to make sure to clean your computer regularly (it really helps keep your fan and other components from screwing up), I do it once a month since I have a cat and carpet on my floor. But it differs for everyone.

Sign in to follow this