Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
daangelo29

Wish/Goal List

Make a list of stuff you want, wish or are trying to get or achieve or possess. It could be something that you haven't achieved yet but you will and you want to, or stuff that are not possible to happen (i.e. have my own DeLorean time machine) but you wish it to be, etc.

Here's mine:

- My own pet dog

- Nice and trustworthy friend/s (like my ex-bestfriend was :))

- PS3 with God of War Collection and God of War III

- Find some non-resource hog programs that would make my desktop look cooler

- Windows version of Wine that can run Mac and Linux programs

- Windows version of GarageBand

- Find a decent Matrix game with free-roam

- To live in a hotel/motel room or dorm (just wanna know what's life like being away from family and alone)

- Finally confess my atheism to my family and be treated nicely by them

- Become a professional artist, musician and game developer :D

- An Intel Core 2 Duo upgrade for my laptop

- The power to control space and time B)

- Cure for my OCD and social anxiety

- (NEW) Find a Chameleon Clock-like program which is Windows 64-bit compatible.

my list:

-get a scholarship

-bullies of the course will be going :S

-get a good grades in school

-learn coding

-courage to run my course (I am the president)

-succeed and be something in my life

My:

-get a life and friends

-get in high school

-get a better computer somewhere in the future

-get some sleep

-get a girlfriend

-forget about previous one

-get a life again

Here's a quick wish: To get some sleep. I'm having a hard time sleeping again. I'm suppose to wake up as early as 4:30, and it's already 1:39 in the morning, still not getting any sleep. <_<

I'd like to keep the ambitions to myself, but materially:

-Canon 50D (and a good lens)

-iMac 27" (Core i5 or i7, depends on which configuration will be the stock next, maybe even i9, with 16GB of RAM and a 2TB HDD, and... well obviously an ATI Radeon 4870HD GPU)

-External Mass Storage Device and Blu-Ray drive (Read'n'Write)

-Apple Time Capsule

-Wacom Cintiq

-Apple Cinema Display 27" (rumored)

-PS4 (again, rumored, but you will have to bribe me for me to buy an Xbox)

I guess.

- clear up all my family debts.

- move out of nyc

- buy all the comics and dvds/blurays i have left

- get a good job.

- make money off my youtube videos

- 0 chance of superhero movies sucking

- marry

- buy games again

- Gain everyones trust here on the forums

- get a job

- get a Delorean and build a replica :P

- Be the leader of world war 3

- get into the air force

- go to college for game design and animation

- get married

- eat marshmallows

what is this? a group therapy session. instead of sitting around complaining about your personal issues to people youv never met why dont you go out and do somthing about it. every personal problem that you guys have just listed can be easily fixed if you just put some effort into it rather than sitting around complaining. honestly you sound like a bunch of fat people trying to get free stomach staplings.

that is except for angelos little confessing atheism to his family thing, that might be a bit of a mission.

anyway what i want at the moment is a better job (so i am looking for one and applying for anything that catches my interest) god of war 1 and 2 on a ps2 emulator (so im downloading them and messing round with them till they work) and my drivers license and a car (wich ill get around to eventually but its no biggie coz the bus isnt that expensive)

- Sleep with Janeane Garofalo

- play "What's under the covers" with Mini Driver

- buy a $10,000 sex doll

Edited by Joe Statler

@EWJ: This is just random stuff, an idea borrowed from a different forum. Just to check how many people would reply, and to ensure this forum ain't dead from a long time of inactivity. That is until Mike's whole April Fools joke.

All of my wishes in my list were already either fulfilled or unfulfilled and never will, except for the atheism thing. Speaking of which, did you go through the same thing, or were you already an atheist since birth? I need some good ideas how to pull it off. I hate leaving wishes (or goals) unfulfilled.

EDIT: Renamed thread to "Wish/Goal List". Also added a new entry to my list.

Baptism is to clean you of the original sin, which according to the Bible was "inherited" from Adam and Eve. Your parents is probably making sure you don't go to hell because the original sin, for Christians, is considered a serious sin. Strange why God would want to condemn us at birth with the original sin and eternal damnation if he started the whole fiasco himself, and continue claiming he 'loves' us.

my parents are more agnostic to be honest. my mums a bit of an ex hippy and my dad takes the "dont know, dont care" attitude. so yeah.

um.. back to topic?

tell you what im getting as soon as it comes out, star wars the old republic. bioware says that its gonna have more content than every other bioware or lucasarts game put together. should be interesting

my parents are more agnostic to be honest. my mums a bit of an ex hippy and my dad takes the "dont know, dont care" attitude. so yeah.

Hah! my mom was and has always been a wannabe hippie. In other words she never did drugs.

honestly angelo, wait untill you move out of home. its probably the easiest way. or slowly introduce them to what it is you actually beleive with things like "i've been reading about" or "i heard the other day that"

telling them outright will probably result in somthing ridiculous like forceful counseling, depending on what your parents are like.

wait untill you move out of home. its probably the easiest way

If that's the case, then I'll have to wait for a LONG time, because that's not gonna happen anytime soon. :( Even if I manage to find myself a dorm, I'll forced to return back home before Sunday every week for Sunday mass, like my sister usually do.

And remember that I live in a 99.9% religious country, so universities will always allocate time for Sunday masses and other religious stuff -- I found it lucky that my university considered having classes on Sunday to make up for the lost time on those lengthy no-school stormy days, that is until I dropped out. Even some Christian events are considered holidays / no-school days.

Being a closet atheist won't be good either. I know, 'cause I currently am.

To be honest, I know little about my parents now. My worsening social anxiety is destroying my relationship with my parents. So I'm not sure what will the outcome be if I tell them straight that I'm an atheist.

FYI, we're still on topic. This thread is about wishes and goals, after all. :P

Sign in to follow this