Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Microman

Question

I have a question about GTA San Andreas :)

It's possible to create a new Main.scm ?

It would be possible but the main.scm is a very long thing to code by one person, I don't see the point unless you're trying to make an entire new game.

Also starting a new main.scm with nothing in it would be very hard to figure out where everything will go, why not just modify the current one?

Edited by Kid Buu

I mean , it's possible to have 2 different main for 1 GTA SA ?

Not at the same time but yes it is possible to copy and paste another in and change them out whenever but they will need different save games.

Don't think so, you'd have to edit all other game files so it can understand it must use 2 .SCMs

That's, if you meant using 2 SCMs in one game.

Edited by RG

So it's possible but very long and hard to do ?

Well it might be possible but you'd have to modify like the entire game to work with both scms

not yet but the animation take a lot of memory on the scm so we think about that possibility to use 2scm

Do you mean memory as in available space, or as in virtual/physical memory?

memory in fact ^^

That didn't really answer the question. ^_^

If you meant room/space in the .scm, then just do all the animation in the scm, and anything thats not animated just do it in Cleo, as we all know Cleo is s**t for animations, cause it lags.

And if you meant Virtual memory, I'm pretty sure it was posible (or at least I thought it was) to increase the amount of Vmem the .scm uses in the limit adjuster, or one of the dat files.

I need to investigate this further to be sure though ;)

Edited by Orgcon

Not true, the animations for the Delorean in BTTF SA are cleo, and they cause zero lag.

With what you said about loading 2 maps, as far as I know, you need to load the map section from the ipl, you can only have one ipl per map section. DK should be able to elaborate on that a little more as he is quite knowledgeable on this subject.

I meant lag as in slow to react after activation.

And blue's cleo sometimes crashes, but I think thats due to multiple sounds loading errors such as the 'chamber empty beeper' during the animation. ;)

IF this is what you mean:

You all know that the map has IPLs. So for example 1955 will have the IPLs for that one to be loaded. BUT if you want to switch out 1955 with 2015, you delete all the 1955 IPLs and make new ones for 2015. But there's an easier way to do this. You use this Opcode for each building to replace with a 2015 building:

03B6: replace_model_at 117.991 -362.461 10.179 radius 80.0 from #BLDNGST2MESH to #BLDNGST2MESHDAM

the coord is where the building is placed and the radius is for if you want to change more than one of the same building in that radius (I think). #BLDNGST2MESH is the one placed while #BLDNGST2MESHDAM is the one you are replacing to.

i don't think if i put that on cleo they will lag cause it's just make visible an object and make it invisible after so the effect will still the same , i will try in cleo at least i can put it on external script on the script.img

Sign in to follow this