Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Ziero

Media Sharing Issues

I have a new 360 Elite and would like to set up Media Sharing with my PC, but it would seem that my 360 does not recognize my PC on the network (and yes, I have enabled media sharing on my PC, in fact, I've tried just about everything). Is there something that I am overlooking? I would really like to use this feature. Just so ppl know, I have XP with service pack 3 and WMP 11, so I don't see where it would be a compatibility issue. Thanks.

while i AM a 360 user i dont actually use the media sharing feature. try posting somthing on the xbox forums

While it makes sense to do that, I figured I'd ask ppl that I am familiar with.

That makes no sense when the 360 itself says that it is compatible with XP with wmp11...

Well Sony doesn't tell you the ps3 won't work with linksys routers for its media sharing. Mirco is just as evil.

what the hell. f*cking sony doesn't like Linksys. A$$holes. Guess when I get a PS3 I'd have to get a Netgear router too.

Edited by Joe Statler

I have a router that none of you have ever heard of... ZyXel...

So anyway, Media sharing with PCs is really a pain in the arse for me. I tried establishing a sharing on my net, what I got was: Every PC sees Mac. Mac sees only the one with XP. XP sees only Mac. Vistas don't see XP as well. And Vista sees Vista, how rubbish is that?

My W7 automatically saw my XP computer and vice versa. Do you have them set to the same work group? Also which version of vista do you have?

Edited by Joe Statler

Home Premium.

I suppose Mark could actually do it, since he's immortal, and couple of hundreds of thousands of years of swearing wouldn't be a big deal

I am not immortal, if I am killed during regeneration - that's it.

And a newsflash for all of you - Bill Gates stepped down the CEO seat in 2001 and left Microsoft in 2007

I blame Steve Balmer. And his guilt is proven by the fact he has no hair (just like Steve Jobs :P)