Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
daangelo29

"Imagination isn't Silly"

Would you agree on this article?

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/a...wWlH6zr849ebqU5

...that children should have a wild imagination for the sake of having a good grown-up life? (I can't tell if the parent should tell it as a lie or the children will just learn it by themselves, 'cause I can't remember how my childhood belief in Santa Clause started, but I believe you experienced parents can tell)

Imagination is key to development in any/all cases. Not just in child development. You'll find imagination in art, architecture, science, government etc. So basically yes I agree. And I believe in Santa because he was once real. Not in the fat, jolly, breaking-and-entering guy form. He is known as Saint Nicholas because in I believe the 1400s or 14th century (don't know if it's either of them), there was a saint nick who was known for gift giving.

Saint Nicholas because in I believe the 1400s or 14th century (don't know if it's either of them)

Now I remember how I believed in Santa Claus lol. Same here.

As a kid back then, I was always a "truth hunter" -- I loved hunting for the truth behind myths and stuff of the like, as well as making up stuff about them (until now lol). Although, despite that, I would fall for the superstitions my superstition-believing parents taught me, until I reached the age of 10 when I became an agnostic (Christian), who wouldn't believe on a thing as being true or false unless there's visible evidence.

Ignoring the superstitions they taught which weren't technically lies since they believed on them too lol, my parents never told me any fairy tale-based lie. (In case you're wondering, no, I no longer believe on superstition sh*t)

Having a teddy bear is good for your psychology, imagination is vital.

Why would anyone really want to lie to their children about anything? Does this not teach them that not even we as parents are trustworthy? Then as they grow older and we try to tell them the truth about other things FAR more important they automatically distrust us. I have never told my children any lies and now as teenagers people ask how I am able to control their decisions so easily. I truly think it is because they trust me not to lie to them at all based on my honesty throughout their lives.

So that everyone knows, Santa is not real within my household. The truth is just as great. Jesus makes sure that my children get their presents and he is much more magical than the fairy tale.

Do you guys have something to say about this Dragonfly dude's comment?

Having a teddy bear is good for your psychology.

Who wants Tea XD

Do you guys have something to say about this Dragonfly dude's comment?

Ignorant Dick <_<

i agree with this article completely. its a learning process.

i was raised with the whole santa thing but i was one of the ones who had it figured out pretty early, i was about 6 years old and i told (not asked) my mum that santa wasnt real, and she said "why" and i talked about how its impossible for anyone to travel to every house in the world in one night etc etc.

apparently i was a scary smart child..

My parents kind of didn't explain anything about Santa Clause's origins, and never told he actually exists or not. When I was 8 or so, I started hearing from TV and friends, that it's all bulls**t, and Santa Clause doesn't exist.

its impossible for anyone to travel to every house in the world in one night etc etc.

He is a time lord :lol:

Imagine: his bag is bigger on the inside, the reasoning you put here is why he is forced to use Time Travel or temporal loops, he has been around since the 4th century, which means a great life span. He also manages to hide his workshop from mortals, which indicates a use of a chameleon circuit or perception filter :P

Yes, I know. I am a nerd XD

Sign in to follow this