Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
daangelo29

Cooler/Epic alternate name for Firefox

Can you guys suggest an alternate name for Firefox (which is synonymous to the name)? I'm using the Firesomething add-on on Mozilla Firefox that allows me to change the name of the browser as it appears in the title bar. I want something hell cooler or more epic. I tried asking this at Yahoo! Answers days ago, but never got an answer.

nameplease.png

For those who has a Yahoo! account and/or frequently visits Yahoo! Answer, go here for points (post here first so I would know without having to go to the Answers page): :)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_y...24035532AAwyfNG

Looks too much like Google Chrome for me to like, but here's some suggestions (keep in mind they keep the FF abbreviation and aren't really synonyms):

Fusion of Flames

Flare Federation (doesn't really work)

Freaky Flamen

Facetious Fumarole

and last but not least:

FLAME F*CKER (I like that one)

This site will give you some more ideas:

http://phrontistery.info/f.html

Edited by Joe Statler

Flame Freak ( similar to Joe's)

Fluxing Flame

Fire Phoenix (well it's FPh now then XD)

I decided to use the term "Dragon", having recalled the whole at the time manipulation power topic. But I haven't thought of an element name for it (fire / water / earth / wind / electricity / metal / wood / etc.). It should be something that presents superiority or god power.

Looks too much like Google Chrome for me to like

This is not the default look of the Strata40 theme I'm using.

Go with electricity or metal, that's at least what it reminds me for now

@RG: I need an element that, per se, would be a good competitor to fire. Fire can overheat or well, what did you expect from an inverse square law? Metal's a** anyday. Electricity, however, could be a sort of improved or "evolved" version of Fire, but I'm having second thoughts whether the name "Mozilla Electricdragon" is a cool browser name.

These are the names I thought of so far:

Chilidog

Astigfox ("Astig" in Filipino means "cool and unique" or just "cool")

Phoenix Ultima

Warhound

Bullfire

Bullf*ck

Icebird

Voidhax

Soundowl

Lightbird

Lightchicken

Earthsnake

Lotsalols

:lol:

I'm also having thoughts that I no longer need an element prefix name, for the fact that dragons are known to "rule" all possible elements of nature (fire, water, earth, air, electricity, metal, wood, light, darkness, void (spacetime), etc.). How about Mozilla Dragoon? Epicdragon? Sundragon?

Icebird

Frozen chicken? :P

Maybe Mozilla Lightning? Or something related to lightning?

Verzilla Firebox XD

mozilla firebolt

Too "Harry Potter"

How about Mozilla Fire Trails, or Mozilla Jigawatt (incorrect spelling for a reason)

Too "Harry Potter"

Firebolt is also the name of a Buell motorbike model (Buell Firebolt XB9R)

Buell_Firebolt_XB9R.jpg

Verzilla Firebox XD

ROFL

In addition to the list, I recall using the name "Apple Firekitty" when I was using the Mac OS X theme in my XP rig.

Shadow the Firehog

That name makes me look like a Sonic fanboy.

Any cool suggestion? :|

I'm also looking for an icon to go with the name.

That name makes me look like a Sonic fanboy.

Um, aren't you?

*looks at angelo's avatar & signature* <_<

Um, aren't you?

Just a fan. Never a fanboy. "Fan" and "Fanboy" are two different things, mind you.

As for the sig, I never really made it because I'm a Sonic fan (if it was indeed the reason, I would have chosen Sonic over the black hedgehog in my sig instead). The reason why I chose this sig among other sigs I have or made because it both reminds me of the time(s) when I as a Sonic fan felt so hopeful that Sega is going to the right direction in their attempt to transit the Sonic games to 3D with their potentially good ideas (the black hedgehog Shadow in my sig), and most of all the f*ck-ups Sega has done so far (the gun in Shadow's hand). In short, I'm a disappointed Sonic fan, so I chose this sig.

Now you know the meaning of my signature. :P

My other sigs: (not all of them)

hitmansig.png

razielsig.png

sonicsig.png

In russian, Mozilla is very similiar to "mazila", which means a person, who constantly keeps missing the target while throwing something or shooting at it.

Just decided to keep the name as "Mozilla Firefox". Just learned that changing the name alone would make upgrading harder. I'll still need some custom Mozilla titles for whatever I might just do related to Mozilla and customizing.

Can't wait for the 3.7 and 4.0 versions -- the very reason why I'm using these 3.7/4.0-style add-ons in the first place. :lol:

Sign in to follow this