Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

GTA IV - Car Wash :)

Here's some better shots. I flipped the textures back so it looks better.

Shot2.jpg

Shot1.jpg

Yes the back wheels are fat. That's why I scaled them the bad way. And the rims are being changed as are the tires. the tires are flat on the side walls. I'm going to make them poofy.

its not the concaveness thats ticking me off. Its rather the fact that the rims are sticking out like the tires are too small for it.

what th- *boom* DK! Both front and back wheels are supposed to be the same size, It not a gragster! The back tire is supposed to be a bit fater from the rim thats all (and not width ways like you have either). :mellow:

you can change the handling to do that you know. I remember VC had a bloodring banger mod that made it do rwheelies.

what th- *boom* DK! Both front and back wheels are supposed to be the same size, It not a gragster! The back tire is supposed to be a bit fater from the rim thats all (and not width ways like you have either). :mellow:

Er, no they aren't, the front wheels are in fact slightly smaller than the rear wheels, obviously not quite to the extent shown in the images, but, DK has already said, bad scaling...

Er, no they aren't, the front wheels are in fact slightly smaller than the rear wheels, obviously not quite to the extent shown in the images, but, DK has already said, bad scaling...

Yeah, the rear wheels are bigger in both diameter and width..

NS%20delorean%20side.JPG

Edited by RG

NO NO NO! I said the wheels (RIMS) are supposed to be the same size (except the back rim which is fatter), the back tires on the other hand are bigger! (hence why he rear rim is wider, cause it has to house a bigger tire) Making the rear wheel appear bigger when it isnt!

Edited by Orgcon

There must be more than one standard issue then, the ones I saw in Real Life where the same size! <_<

that too. Jeeze DK, didn't I tell you REFERENCE PICTURES

Hey I don't need the attitude. I did use reference pictures. And the front rim looked smaller to me. And the wheels aren't too fat. They are like carlos' wheels. so go bug him. I measured and modeled. They are correct from the measurements I obtained.

well, it still looks weird. Its annoying me that not much has changed since that convo we had.

and when did delorean.com get upgraded? They're like advertising now

02-09_wall800-p.jpg

There must be more than one standard issue then, the ones I saw in Real Life where the same size! <_<

Nope, there was only ever one size of wheels for the front and rear. If the one you saw had wheels the same size, then A ) they would have been aftermarket wheels and B ) it wouldn't sit level, it would be angled.

Edit - have a look at this webpage, it lists all the production changes to the delorean over the course of it's production: http://www.babbtechnology.com/thecar/Prod_changes/index.htm

Edited by Mike

well, for one thing, in both our pictures mike, perspective does play a part in it because the front wheels are shorter, and that might make them appear smaller.

HORRIBLE! It looks like someone puked some ads on the delorean.

Edited by Joe Statler

Sign in to follow this