Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

I got my driving license - woo-hoo!

Here in the USA, we get what they call a "learners permit" when we turn 15. You can drive around as long as someone in the car has a licence. Then, the day you turn 16 you take a written, and driven test, and you get your full "adult" licence.

not true in all states. Some states are 15 and a half. Some 16.

Some require you to drive a year. Others require you to be 16.

no hyper highschool students who just got their license on bttf hv plz :P

Really? Damn I gotta leave then lol

Delaware's weird, theres like 6 months I have to log 50 hours, 10 between the hours of 10pm and 6am, and the license is in this little black cover that I cant open, no matter what, if I do they take it away for good, on top of that I have to have a licensed driver who's had a Class D license for more then five years, then I move to the second 6 months, where I can drive by myself (meaning dont have to have a licensed driver in the car) between 10 and 6 unless going to a work, school or church function, after the second six months I can drive scott free any time, any when, any where!

Edited by hscitpe

Congratulations, DK!

no orgasms on bttf hv

rofl2.gif

i want to learn to drive, i m now at the right age to as well since i am 17 and in the uk that is the drivng age
Here we can get a licence from 16, but can drive a car only with a driver with licence in it. And when it comes to 18, we can somewhat "uprade" our licence to full version, drive all alone if you like

ALSO, if you make a car crash or anything else that brakes car driving rules, you can't get a full drivers licence for 5 years or so :lol:

Similar over here. You can get the "driver's license with 17", but within the time till you get 18 you need to have someone sitting next to you who's licensed (as far as I know you must request every person, but I might be mistaking). Once you turn 18 you can go and get the regular license. The advantage of this way is - how they say - that you can practice driving for a year with someone next to you open for questions. Also that does shrink your probation time and insurances are cheaper in some cases.

3. Class A (18 wheelers, buses, other cargo vehicles)

18 wheels? Lemme count how many a regular truck here in Germany has...

Hm, seems quite much to me. How are they counted?

I don't have one. I rather use the train, than pay gas.

Same here, my bike's my friend. I don't have it that far to school, and I don't wanna pay for the bus in summer. In winter it's different: When it get's cold I'll buy (or let my parents buy) pupil bus tickets per month till it get's warmer again. Now it's still warm enough, but I guess it wont be next month so it is most likely that I'll get my parents to buy tickets for then.

18 wheels? Lemme count how many a regular truck here in Germany has...

Hm, seems quite much to me. How are they counted?

You seem quite confused. Keep in mind they count the wheels on the trailer as well and that all the wheels on the truck and trailer are dually except for the front two.

18%20Wheeler.jpg

Edited by Joe Statler

Well, then it's normal, that's what I wanted to know.

Over here it isn't related to the # of wheels, but the car's weight. E.g. you cannot drive an ambulance with a regular license, it's way to heavy. You need to have a truck license for it.

Here in the PH, it's the same as Mini-Me. You can take lessons as early as 16 and a half, but you'll have to wait until 18 to drive freely. At the age of 16-17, you'll need a licensed adult to accompany you to drive.

Sign in to follow this