:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Ashley+

offline for a week

I'm with iPro. I recall that in the bomb-in-stomach part, Jack Harkness was able to regenerate with only a shoulder, arm and part of his head. His bones grew back first, then his organs, then finally his skin.

In this battle, Vegeta would kill him over 9000 times but Jack would always generate back and return back to life even if just a small part of him was left. So, I agree, it is a draw.

From all the VS arguments I've come across involving Saiyans / Super Saiyans, the omnipotent ones or the ones with immortality/invincibility or spontaneous regeneration (not counting those who can't heal as much as Jack Harkness can) always take the advantage. In a forum other than the Lounge forum, I recall the forum members would always make reference from the Broly Vs. Another Saiyan argument they had earlier whenever an argument of this type starts, in which they identify the immortal/invincible/healing one as "another Broly".

Captain jack was buried from year 27 to year 1901 :P

I think he died of starvation a billion times before being put into cryogen stasis by himself from 1901 :P

lol, there goes freezing. Which had me wondering, does Jack has any weakness pertaining that "anomaly" he has? How about a super powerful formula capable of "fixing" the anomaly, making him mortal?

This sort of reminds me of the Super Sonic Vs. SSJ Goku argument I came across with before. My argument was simple: it's a draw, Super Sonic has the god-like invincibility and durability, while Goku has the pwnage skills, pretty much like the argument in this topic. Well, the argument was starting out just fine, 'till Sonic and DBZ fanboys began to fill up the place. I simply stopped arguing since it was useless or pointless with these a**holes.

Taking that the anomaly was time lord in nature (since it was the TARDIS inside Rose's brain that did it), I believe that the anti-regeneration gun Martha pretended to be assembling could fix him.

Remember, the Time Lords prefered to regenerate inside their vehicles, since the TARDISes assisted them in the process, the heart of the TARDIS must have some regenerative nature into it.

Lets just say that for Jack it is those 15 hours of the regenerative cycle the Doctor mentioned, going forever.

Edited by iMaster

lol, there goes freezing. Which had me wondering, does Jack has any weakness pertaining that "anomaly" he has? How about a super powerful formula capable of "fixing" the anomaly, making him mortal?

This sort of reminds me of the Super Sonic Vs. SSJ Goku argument I came across with before. My argument was simple: it's a draw, Super Sonic has the god-like invincibility and durability, while Goku has the pwnage skills, pretty much like the argument in this topic. Well, the argument was starting out just fine, 'till Sonic and DBZ fanboys began to fill up the place. I simply stopped arguing since it was useless or pointless with these a**holes.

no, you actually tried to tell me that the chaos emeralds were sentient beings or somthing like that and then started to make up stuff that they could do. you only gave up on it when i ruined your battle arena thread several times. stop trying to be a white knight. and if super sonic is invincible then how come you can die when you play as him?

same as any sonic, hit him once to knock all his rings out, hit him again and if that doesnt do it then one more is enough. why didnt i say this all those weeks ago?

lol you forgot that it wasn't me who made those stuff up, and it wasn't me who made those posts, didn't you? :P

I disagree the Chaos Emeralds being sentient beings. True that one of their abilities is turn thoughts to power form, but that doesn't mean they can think and feel like living people. lmao

Just think of Chaos Emerald power as the Force -- it's not technically alive, but it has a powerful manipulative influence or control over life or its users, and how it works depends on how its users use them or what they want to use it for.

Goku VS Sonic VS Mario

Mario. He has the Star Rod (from the Paper Mario game series). He can just wish the Chaos Emeralds and the Dragon Balls away, and Sonic to the middle of the Pacific Ocean to drown (remember that Sonic can't swim), and Goku to the Sun to burn to hell there or to outer space to suffocate to death.

and if super sonic is invincible then how come you can die when you play as him?

He doesn't. If you didn't notice, you lose one ring every second you spent playing as him. It ain't the attacks doing this. It's an old Super Sonic rule ever since the second Sonic game. If you wanna argue with Sonic Unleashed's final boss battle's game mechanic, the version of Super Sonic here is not to be considered canon as it is the ONLY version of him throughout the series being this vulnerable to attack.

And obviously, rings are just game mechanics. They represent energy in the Sonic games, and are not to be considered as real objects. :P

Mario wouldn't have the knowledge of the Black Star Dragonballs and the Namekian Dragon Balls :P

or the earth dragon balls. and assuming he gets this star rod straight away means goku gets the dragonballs straight away, and every other ability or object he ever gets during dbz, db and gt.

wich includes combining with the dragon and thus being rendered completely immortal. goku wins

Reminds me of Super Mario Bros Z, a flash series, where Mario and Sonic universe characters hunt after the Chaos Emeralds, in the DBZ style, with the radar and all, before Robotnik, Mecha-Sonic or Bowser get their hands on them :P

I remember that one, too. Liked it a bit because of the whole Sonic-Mario-DBZ crossover.

and assuming he gets this star rod straight away means goku gets the dragonballs straight away, and every other ability or object he ever gets during dbz, db and gt.

Wishing with a magic wand is hell faster to do than summoning a wishing dragon to wish. Also, Mario's wish would be very general, like "make the Dragon Balls disappear". That would mean any or all Dragon Balls. Mario doesn't need to know all of them to make this wish.

No-no, each combo of Dragon Balls has its own name :P

True, but Mario's simple wish would be enough.

Also, since Mario has a wishing wand anyway, he can just wish to know what Goku and Sonic have and take advantage of this with another wish, can't he? :P

The only way I see is to instant KamehameHa into the tool.

dude goku combined with the dragon. hes invincible. game over

Edited by EarthwormJim

The whole paradox here is that the dragon is invulnerable to magic, while the Star Rod is capable of granting ANY wish.

Anyway, seeing EWJ's post as another way of asking to stop the argument, and seeing this paradox, how about another VS argument? Anything in mind that we can argue?

Harry Potter vs Lord of Rings XD i dont mean it seriously :mellow:

well basically that means gandalf and sauron VS a spell that can kill anything instantly regardless of strength or skill... uuuuum gee i wonder

I've never read any of the Harry Potter books nor saw any of the movies. I take that back, I tried reading the first book but after the first five pages I closed it and threw it away. Now with the "Lord of the Rings", I own every book, including The Silmarillion. So I have insight on Gandalf and Sauron, but no insight on Harry.

Edited by Joe Statler

harry potter can point a stick at you and make you dead in a flash of light. talk about OP

Edited by EarthwormJim