Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Flux Capacitor

Is this possible to do?

In the one part of the Crysis BTTF mod (Test 4)

The second time he jumps out of the DeLorean and time travels, the fire trails "mimic" where the DeLorean goes.

I think we might of had this discussion before, but is it possible for the fire trails to do it in VC/SA?

Kinda had this conversation before: Not possible with VC's engine. Particles don't have any colission data and the engine can't get them to change where the COL file changes.

Same engine, but different moddability. I believe it is possible to do that, but unlike in the Crysis mod it will involve an invisible and invincible DeLorean the fire trails would follow for this effect.

But, seriously, I really don't think making the fire trails like this would be a good idea and being movie accurate. We've only seen the fire trails "turning" twice (the Clocktower scene and the backwards 9 fire trails), while the rest are all straight, including the first time travel experiment (where the DeLorean drifted after re-entry, whereas the fire trails went straight instead of going the same direction)

Other than that, what if we try to time travel towards a building or a car in front of us? Would you prefer seeing the trails going in strange directions away from the building/car and the car reacting as though something fast, hard and invisible hit it, or seeing it go straight towards it? Even Bobs' "movie magic" can't help you here. :P

Particles don't have any colission

In SA you can add a col file for your particule if you attach the particle to an object or create a particle object with a symply col file

Probably been asked/discussed before but would it be possible to go back in time and watch yourself doing whatever it was you where doing as in bttf 2 ,or is that beyond impossible?

actually, possible in SA, just not without its share of bugs.

At time travel, turn car invisible, lay down fire trails. But the bugs are that....its still kinda there so you will hear collision/tire/engine sounds and see collision sparks and such, and if its raining, possibly rain on an invisible shell.

@grim well people that are new to the mod might not be able to get it if they have nether seen/heard or read about it ,i can understand if you have been asked a million times it might be frustrating but you have to understand people like me aint gonna know nowt if they dont ask.if you find it annoying then just dont reply.

Probably been asked/discussed before but would it be possible to go back in time and watch yourself doing whatever it was you where doing as in bttf 2 ,or is that beyond impossible?

Offtopic dude.

It's impossible to see a past you doing exactly you did before, BUT you can see a past you doing the missions you've done before. I'm not sure if we'll have enough coding space for this, but let's see.

I am sorry but i was asking if it was possible to do something and the topic was called is it possible to do.You will have to excuse my incompetence.

Sign in to follow this