:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Gir

Me and DK

I wanted to name one Emmett but nooooooooooo. my wife called me an idiot and smacked me.

Again I got a connection to Ttwilight in my head, happens quite often...

Emmet in the novel is a funny guy, one of my favs :D, that's why I like that name.

@Gir:

I already wished both of you congratulations over MSN to DK, so if he didn't bring that over to you, give him an other smack from me ;).

And of course my dad said, "WAYNE!"

rofl_mini.gif

Sorry for laughing, but over her in Germany this means a completely different thing.

If you say "Wen interessiert's?" (EN: "Who cares?") with an accent some immigrants have, it sounds like "Wayne interessiert's?". This simply has been cut down to "Wayne?!?", so if somebody simply says "Wayne" it means "I give a s**t." -> So the first thing I (ironically) though of was, that your father didn't care how you're called :lol:.

My friends call me Sebi, which is an nick for Sebastian; My firefighter-colleagues call me Mini-Me, got the name 7 years ago (when i just joined the youth-firefighters) and will ever keep it.

And is that meant as it is (= I should should up now xD) or does it mean smth. like "I can't believe it"?

Ok, then I can keep on spamming this topic, lol.

Now I know a new english expression.

@Gir:

I already wished both of you congratulations over MSN to DK, so if he didn't bring that over to you, give him an other smack from me ;).

ok i did and he aint happy lol

oh and thank you everyone again

Edited by Gir

lol

i could never be with a woman that hates things that im realy into.

call me picky but i just dont want to be stuck in a relationship where i have to lie about things and where my girlfriend or wife (not that i intend to get married but it might happen) who constantly gets her own way, everything has to be equal, so im in the habit of bailing on relationships when one of us starts talking down to the other (not just arguing but actually treating the other person like a child, for whatever reason, i see it happen with married couples all the time and i refuse to let myself become like that or be put in a situation where that happens to me). no offense to anyone who has taken any but it think its fair enough to want that.

everything has to be equal

True, but this doesn't mean the best relationships can only be established if one doesn't hate the things the other likes or loves. One should accept that he/she likes or loves it, and the other should also accept that he/she hates it.

If it is not opposing interests but opposing traits/characteristics, however, like the husband can only sleep at night with all lights turned off while the wife can't sleep without a night light, or the dude loves reading and non-strenuous activities while the dudette loves sports, that could be a problem. Unless the opposing traits are not that big of a deal, this is the only part when both partners need to be equal.

I am yet to meet a girl who will best suit as my partner, but to be honest I am not really sure if I'll ever find one at all, having p*ssed off all of the girls I fell in love with lately (including my first year college crush).

angelo, love is a very strong word. you shouldnt EVER use it unless you mean it, and if you arent sure that you mean it then you dont. its a very simple idea.

as for the conflicts you used as examples, i could deal with either of those easily. its only if im with a person who dislikes somthing im passionate about, for example i couldnt be in a relationship with person who is deeply religious, it wouldnt work. the same goes for music, if i'm with somone who cant stand the sort of music i listen to then its going to become an issue. things like movies and other things like that wouldnt be as much of an issue, in fact i'd prefer somone with a different taste in movies and tv shows so we would have somthing to talk about, so i could very easily be with somone who hates back to the future, hahaha.

it's all opinion based i guess.

Yeah. It depends on the situation. My GF loves plants so the apartment is usually filled will flowers and spider plants. But I don't really care for them. She doesn't care for my games or comics, but doesn't mind I have them. Though I'll come home and find her playing Mario or uncharted lol.

for example i couldnt be in a relationship with person who is deeply religious, it wouldnt work. the same goes for music, if i'm with somone who cant stand the sort of music i listen to then its going to become an issue.

lol must have given the wrong examples -- In the first example, I never thought of the use of sleep mask (in the night light part, I was thinking about my female classmate who had this strange trait of the darkness never scaring her NOR allowing her to sleep), and in the second, they were opposite interests, not "traits'.

Your point is EXACTLY the point I was talking about -- opposite interests can be easily dealt with, I agree, but opposite "traits", like what your examples state, would be an issue. In fact, it wouldn't be a true relationship to begin with if you both have opposing traits.

Good luck on both of you, btw. :D Will they be your last children, or are you guys planning to have another?

well i want more kids but dk dont