:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
BTTF Forever

Music in the ride

ok so heres the thing, you know how the guys made back to the future the ride gameplay video and it had music, well i want to put the actual ride music into the ride and disable radio during the ride. This is what I have but it doesn't work <_< . By the way "RIDE_99" is the ride music.

THERIDE_2145

04C7: toggle_camera_green_scanlines 1 

040D: unload_wav 1 

03CF: load_wav 'RIDE_99' as 1 

wait 3000 

if 

03D0:   wav 1 loaded 

jf @THERIDE_2145 

03D1: play_wav 1 

036A: put_actor $BIFF in_car $04TIME 

020A: set_car $04TIME door_status_to 2 

Camera.SetPosition(-1006.9, -914.71, 35.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0)

Camera.PointAt(-910.91, -1072.97, 14.05, 2)

Car.PutAt($04TIME, -1003.03, -941.2, 14.5)

Car.Angle($04TIME) = 220.0

00AE: set_vehicle $04TIME traffic_behavior_to 2 

Car.SetMaxSpeed($04TIME, 5.0)

Car.SetToPsychoDriver($04TIME)

Car.SetDriverBehaviour($04TIME, Nowhere)

Car.DriveTo($04TIME, -904.62, -1096.58, 14.0)

wait 3000 

$BIFFGO = 1 // integer values 

Car.SetMaxSpeed($04TIME, 100.0)

wait 7000 

04C7: toggle_camera_green_scanlines 0 

if 

$RIDE_SKIP == 1 // integer values 

jf @THERIDE_2390 

jump @THERIDE_3512

:

Please help, Much appriciated

it didnt work, i replaced bust_14.wav with the ride music and kept the name the same and replaced the code line:

:THERIDE_2145

03CF: load_wav 'BUST_14' as 1 

wait 1000 

if 

jf @THERIDE_2145

i copied and compiled it into the game but i went to start new game and as soon as the pink line just started the game shuts down

Any suggestions anybody???

Edited by BTTF Forever

Sorry but I'm a sh*t at coding ! :(

But I had this Idea a loooooong time ago ...

Don't forget to unload the WAV file in the end of the Ride mission code, 'cause the whole thing will keep on playing after you finished the mission until the song reaches the end. And, by the looks of the code, if the music reaches the end while still in the mission, it won't play again, unless if you change it so when it reaches the end it would play again, if that's possible in SCM coding.

As for your problem, I can't really tell, unless if I know the code of the entire Ride mission. It could be a possibility that VC's engine can't play a WAV as big as an MP3 file and with the quality of an MP3 file. Try lowering down the file's quality or something using programs like Audacity and see if it works on low quality. Also be sure that the file format is WAV, not MP3, etc. This is a known mistake of some coders.

i don't really mind about it finishing in the ride or it keeps going after the ride mission has ended, i just want it to work, but i think your right, i don't think the VC engine can handel an audio file as big as 42 mb!

ill see if i can make the size smaller to about 8 mb. i heard somewhere in another part of the forum that people were trying to open up the game engine and make it use more ram or video ram than its normal preferred 128 MB, but it would need a whole new coding in the EXE file or even a trainer, but anyway!

Ill give making the file smaller a go and if that does not work, well, i guess its not meant to be. :( :( :(

Thanks Everyone.

and you can't divide this audio file ?

example : if the part 1 is finish you start the part 2 , etc ...

and you can't divide this audio file ?

example : if the part 1 is finish you start the part 2 , etc ...

i did and it works now :P:D :D , i had a thought of dividing it before your post ;) , and i made the file sizes smaller which helped, i also was wondering about the "load_wav 1" or "load_wav 2". if i use either of these, when biff is driving down the street in the cutscene, when the time travel effects come in, it completly unloads the music, i have tried "load_wav 3" and "load_wav 4" ECT ECT, but then no audio plays at all, how do you tell the code that there is more than 2 wav loadings.

much apreciated!

and one more thing!, if you could tell me a small line of code to turn off or disable the ride during the mission, that would also be appreciated

thank you all!!

Edited by BTTF Forever

cool ! can you post a code with the finished lines :)

cool ! can you post a code with the finished lines :)

Sure Microman, Here it is!

This is the part where you see biff driving away when you skip the "Doc talking to Marty" part

:THERIDE_2145

03CF: load_wav 'BUST_16' as 1 

wait 10 

if 

jf @THERIDE_2145 

03D1: play_wav 1 

036A: put_actor $BIFF in_car $04TIME 

020A: set_car $04TIME door_status_to 2 

Camera.SetPosition(-1006.9, -914.71, 35.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0)

Camera.PointAt(-910.91, -1072.97, 14.05, 2)

Car.PutAt($04TIME, -1003.03, -941.2, 14.5)

Car.Angle($04TIME) = 220.0

00AE: set_vehicle $04TIME traffic_behavior_to 2 

Car.SetMaxSpeed($04TIME, 5.0)

Car.SetToPsychoDriver($04TIME)

Car.SetDriverBehaviour($04TIME, Nowhere)

Car.DriveTo($04TIME, -904.62, -1096.58, 14.0)

wait 3000 

$BIFFGO = 1 // integer values 

Car.SetMaxSpeed($04TIME, 100.0)

wait 7000 

04C7: toggle_camera_green_scanlines 0 

if 

$RIDE_SKIP == 1 // integer values 

jf @THERIDE_2389 

jump @THERIDE_3511
And Here is the game play during the ride
:THERIDE_3511

Actor.DestroyInstantly($DOC)

01C8: $DOC = create_actor 4 #SPECIAL01 in_car $DELTIME passenger_seat 0 

0526: unknown_actor $DOC 1 

036A: put_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR in_car $DELTIME 

02A3: toggle_widescreen 0 

$CUTSCENE = 0 // integer values 

wait 25 

Player.CanMove($PLAYER_CHAR) = True

Camera.Restore_WithJumpCut

Camera.SetBehindPlayer

$TRAVEL_CONTROL = 0 // integer values 

040D: unload_wav 2 

03CF: load_wav 'BUST_17' as 2 

wait 4000 

if 

03D0:   wav 2 loaded 

jf @THERIDE_2145 

03D1: play_wav 2 

041E: set_radio_station 1@ 0 

00BC: text_highpriority 'RIDE_39' 3000 ms 1  // doc: And dont forget,when you see biff in the delorean.

wait 3000 

00BC: text_highpriority 'RIDE_41' 3000 ms 1  // Accelerate to 88 miles per hour

wait 3000 

00BC: text_highpriority 'RIDE_42' 2000 ms 1  // And bump him!

wait 2000 

$TRAVEL_CONTROL = 1 // integer values 

jump @THERIDE_4060

There are bugs though

1. i think when you see biff time travel, when the time effects start, the music stops suddenly <_<

2. about 15 seconds after you begin driving in the game play. the music suddenly stops and doesn't come back on. <_<

so please read the last post i did about the "load_wav 2" thing, cause i really want to have the music going. AND DISABLE THE RADIO, PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME A LINE OF CODE FOR THAT!! :lol:

PS: if you put this code in the ride at the moment, you wont have the ride music, it will just be talking of some guy from the original vice city game. I'll have to upload the ride music another time. :D

bust_16 = the first 5 seconds of the beginning of the ride music

bust_17 = the rest of the ride music

hey guys, i would love to upload the files but there is no button to send an attachment, maybe i could email one of you and then you could do what you want with it. And if you need the code, it will always be on my above post :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BY THE WAY!!

i am also thinking of putting in the music of where doc is talking to marty, the same music i could probably put in, ill just get the video you guys made (or whoever made it!) and convert it to a LOW QUALITY!! wav file, than make the code for it, than it wont be so quiet during the cut scene.

I will see what i can do!

well, i have accomplished putting music in the cut scene of Marty and Doc!!! :lol: :lol: :D :D :D, but i still can not figure out a line of code to DISABLE THE RADIO DURING THE RIDE, please, anyone post a line of code that i can put in to disable the radio!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank You

Edited by Mini-Me

Posts merged.

There are some things in your code that should be done different.

In your first snippet you tell the game to load the file and if it is not ready loading it, it again activates the scanlines, unloads the wav and tries another load of it probably looping this. The game should only wait for the file being loaded instead reloading it several times.

In your second snippet the code will even go back to the cutscene if it fails loading.

Completely disabling the radio is not possible, you might need to alter the code for changing the station to always set it to off when the ride is active.

And the fact that the music unloads in the ride is logical, the timetravel codes themselves use the same "wav slots" and unload the other before. So there is no way around that; See this list to know which sound is loaded as 1/2.

Don't worry about the messed up site design, Flux Capacitor has re-edited the post not knowing what he did and messed it all up. I'll need to re-do the list and post it in a new topic so that he cannot edit it anymore...

done...

Edited by Mini-Me

For me I don't have ONLY the music , when the 02.e was out , I made a MP3 file with the music of the ride , but we can hear Doc talking to Marty during the cutscene ! ^^

Completely disabling the radio is not possible, you might need to alter the code for changing the station to always set it to off when the ride is active.

OR replace one of the radio with a completely blank one -- no music/audio whatsoever in it -- then just have the game switched to that radio all the time during the entire mission.

We will need something like this in the future, in some missions or parts of the mod.

well mini-me, if there is a code to TURN OFF the radio during game play by default, please tell me the code.

i dont know somthing like

set_radio_station 1@ -1

i know that line doesnt work cause i know nothing about codeing, but please.....anything!!!

and i also understand the wav cutting out because it has to use that wav slot. but why are there only 2 wav slots (1 and 2) is there any way to add even 1 more wav slot?

so i think i should change bust_16 audio from wav slot 1 to wav slot 2, then it might not get unloaded when the time effects happen.

anyway thanks for the advice and ill see if i can change some things. ;)

Edited by BTTF Forever

As far as I know, there is no such code to disable the radio. Try this code:

041E: set_radio_station 10

Disabling the radio is impossible, but turning it off or setting it to a non-existing FM radio isn't. :P

Edited by angeloelibz24

no, still did not work, the code didnt work, the radio still came on, BUT, that gave me an idea

MAYBE!!, i can make the music a radio station, make the code switch to the start of that radio station,

and DISABLE (or code somthing) to make you not able to change the station, this would fix the problem with the music unloading when the time sound effects start. :D:D

Possible?

well it can auto set a radio station (as evidanced by when you switch a mode [driving or flying] the code auto swtiches from KKHV to whatever you were listening to)

:RADIO

thread 'RADIO' 

6@ = 0 // integer values 

1@ = 0 // integer values 

:RADIO_24

wait 0 

if 

Player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)

else_jump @RADIO_24 

if 

Car.Wrecked(0@)

else_jump @RADIO_91