Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

My new AutoRun project

This is more of a test for later releases. I thought it would be cool to make an autorun for the installer for when it gets bigger and no one feels like downloading it because they lost it. Obviously this game is going to be big at least 1 gig. So I decided that if it's ok with the team to make the autorun so the installer can be saved and burned to a disc.

What do you guys think?

Wouldnt a cd version be pointless? I mean unless you replace every single file in gta vc.

Are you an idiot who doesn't read? The point of this is so those who want to can burn the completed MOD to a CD/DVD and use the autorun to make installing the mod easier.

Are you an idiot who doesn't read? The point of this is so those who want to can burn the completed MOD to a CD/DVD and use the autorun to make installing the mod easier.

dont call me an idiot! it was just a question

dont hurt peoples feelings

Edited by jen

I didn't call you an idot. I asked if you were :P Just read next time. this mod is going to get pretty big and it is an optional thing to have the autorun feature for those who plan to use cd/dvds so they don't have to redownload it if they ever lose it on the computer.

I didn't call you an idot. I asked if you were :P Just read next time. this mod is going to get pretty big and it is an optional thing to have the autorun feature for those who plan to use cd/dvds so they don't have to redownload it if they ever lose it on the computer.

i did read i just didnt understand

Wouldnt a cd version be pointless?

Having a CD version is, but making an autorun isn't. There is a point in it. I remember downloading a mod that is about more than 1 GB that has its own autorun because of how complicated the installation is (the whole mod is super-compressed to the point that it's just less than 500 MB so decompression is not simple), plus the optional add-ons included. Many used to annoy them to death with the same old questions concerning installation so they made a unique autorun instead to make it simpler.

Making an autorun for me is simple. I can make one within few minutes or so. :P I already made about 6 autoruns for my friends who asked for the mod and others (not all of us here have net connections). But I can say it's a nice attempt for an autorun, DK.

dont hurt peoples feelings

Welcome to the internet. :) It's a thing we all have to get used to.

Funny that DK, who has a wife, was the first (in this forum) to offend a female member.

OK here is V2 of my autorun for the mod.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3m0omyy3izy

A bit of instructions to go with it for those who don't know how to mount images.

you'll need to download a program called MagicDisc which can be found here:

http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-mag...sc-overview.htm

After installation start the program and right-click the icon in the quick launch tray. It should look like a brush rubbing on a disc. After you right-click, make sure you set number of drives to 1. Then right-click it again and go to Virtual CD/DVD Drive -> Mount and look for the My autorun. As soon as you hit ok it should pop up.

Let me know if everything works and please give me feedback!!!

I think it's awesome !It's usefull for the new members and the ReadMe can avoid the stupid questions :)

Yeah it is funny. But I was really tired and cranky. So I apologize jen.

its ok :)

You guys do realize those links are you guys to try it and give me feedback. I can't continue without feedback X.X

Maybe compress it furthermore. Might take more time to unpack, but still.

Sign in to follow this