:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

Google to create an Operating system

what th- *boom* is that for question?

No, Wattaboom is your grammar, what I asked is why do you keep popping in randomely and making non-sense comments.

Yeah like what th- *boom*, someone is talking about the DMC vents and you come in saying: UUH that sounds like when i tried to make a Dos program huhuuhhu didn0t work cuz i suck at it huhuhuh. Just stay on topic and don't talk bulls**t about stuff you don't understand.

There's no such thing as a DOS program, DOS is the old coding language of Windows. You can still use it for other stuff but this has nothing to do with the topic.

So to get On Topic: I wish the Google company good luck with their own OS, and i hope it will turn out good.

How many major OSs besides Mac OS X and Windows Vista are there on the market right now?

Ubuntu is one, does anyone remember more?

If Google succeeds, their OS still will be listed as Linux, but it could be aligned with Ubuntu.

Uhh... Linux. Also with, (I don't know if they're still around) Red Hat.

Wait red hat is just Linux for sale. Screw that!

Edited by Nikaido

Linux is so many OSs, but aparently Ubuntu is the most common of them.

There's no such thing as a DOS program, DOS is the old coding language of Windows. You can still use it for other stuff but this has nothing to do with the topic.

So to get On Topic: I wish the Google company good luck with their own OS, and i hope it will turn out good.

Actually DOS is both an old coding language of Windows AND Microsoft's oldest and earliest operating system (it's actually the "father OS" of Windows 'cause Windows is based from it), thus the name -- "Disk Operating System". So, yes, there is such thing as DOS programs. In fact, there are even DOS games. I have a collection of them, including the good ol' Prince of Persia and the first Tomb Raider game. :P

As for the OS, it WILL turn out good. Chrome OS would be best for public computers that are focused on internet surfing, or netbooks perhaps.

Linux is so many OSs, but aparently Ubuntu is the most common of them.

Linux is known for its open-source-ness -- you can make about an infinite number of OS's with it. I remember making a Linux-based OS once, which was planned to have easy-to-use customizing features, but got bored with it and had it forwarded to a friend, who later gave it Windows and Mac OS compatibilities (meaning it can run EXEs, PEFs, etc.) and later also got bored with it. We originally named it as "Prototype OS" then renamed it to "Copycat OS" then to "Ghost OS X" (X means 10th version; Prototype OS is the 1st-3rd version, and Copycat is the 4th-9th). :D

Originally DOS was called "Dirty Operational System".

some's some original dos games i have:

DOOM

Wolfenstein (I'm not sure if that's how it's how it's spelled.)

Rocketpack

Lemmiwinks.

Edited by Nikaido

I also have Doom, plus Prince of Persia and the very first Tomb Raider.

Originally DOS was called "Dirty Operational System".

Go easy on DOS. Note that this OS was as famous as Windows back then. In fact, it's one of the most advanced OS back in the days. To be honest, I like it when people needs to memorize commands to use an OS (that means MS-DOS is not JUST the OS that's like this back then). People nowadays have what we call "graphical user interfaces" which makes things for users and harder for programmers. Like instead of entering a command as long as "C:\programs\ultimdoom\doom.exe" to open Ultimate Doom, you just need to double-click on items we call "icons". For me, it's considered brain wash, because we now rely on simpler things. This is probably the reason why you call it "Dirty Operational System" -- as a Mac user yourself, you're used to easy-to-use GUI.

Watched movies like Wall·E and i,Robot? Most of the people there are examples of what I call "brain-washed".

No seriously, they called it Dirty, it was before Macintosh OS 1 and Windows appeared.

lol maybe you meant QDOS. QDOS means "Quick and Dirty Operating System". DOS is originally called "Disk Operating System" not Dirty. For a second there I thought you were referring to something else. Get your facts straight next time. :lol:

Well I had DOS-Shell on every computer I had until Windows 2000. When I had computers that ran '95 and '98 I would first run DOS-Shell then select the Windows OS.

DOS_Shell_Screen.png

Oh yea, and DOS was not created by Microsoft. Bill Gates bought the OS from Seattle Computer Products for $50,000us and was programmed by Tim Paterson. That's also where the name QDOS originated form.

Linux is known for its open-source-ness -- you can make about an infinite number of OS's with it. I remember making a Linux-based OS once, which was planned to have easy-to-use customizing features, but got bored with it and had it forwarded to a friend, who later gave it Windows and Mac OS compatibilities (meaning it can run EXEs, PEFs, etc.) and later also got bored with it. We originally named it as "Prototype OS" then renamed it to "Copycat OS" then to "Ghost OS X" (X means 10th version; Prototype OS is the 1st-3rd version, and Copycat is the 4th-9th). :D

You still have that, or any place where I can get it? Sounds interesting to say the least.

My (then) friend has it...I think. Knowing him, I doubt he still has it.

Also the OS is buggy -- the multiple versions are technically bug fixes than updates. :lol:

Sign in to follow this