Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

Google to create an Operating system

Chrome OS? Why does that sound familiar to me? Wasn't there a leaked version of this sometime ago?

If this is the same leaked version I've heard of before, this would probably be the one that has more internet capabilities than the OS's we know. Also this ain't the first time they made an operating system. Google Android, a Linux-based mobile operating system, was their first.

It will probably be open source, it is not like Google to charge money.

It was actually Larry Ellison's idea. He once told Jobs to aim more at the internet, rather than specs. So Mac Mini was born, but that is not the point, it is believed that the sillicon valley future is in the internet based computers, which take all the advantages of the world wide web. Of course that would mean that ISPs would have to go freeby.

Edited by  iPro

It will probably be open source, it is not like Google to charge money.

It was actually Larry Ellison's idea. He once told Jobs to aim more at the internet, rather than specs. So Mac Mini was born, but that is not the point, it is believed that the sillicon valley future is in the internet based computers, which take all the advantages of the world wide web. Of course that would mean that ISPs would have to go freeby.

Yes, the Chrome OS will be free. :)

Edited by Conservative Jackass

Of course LOL. If they sell it with a price, would anyone want to buy it? It would cost them more if they do than just release it for free. Also, the OS is based from Linux. I've never heard a Linux OS being sold before.

@raybob: lol at new profile name

Of course LOL. If they sell it with a price, would anyone want to buy it? It would cost them more if they do than just release it for free. Also, the OS is based from Linux. I've never heard a Linux OS being sold before.

@raybob: lol at new profile name

Thanks! I love it. :P

But for a free OS, I'd probably rather have Ubuntu. But even for $100, I still am a Windows addict.

But I still got the Raybob sig and same avatar, so people will definitely know who I am if they were on here from last November 14th to last January (~20th).

Edited by Conservative Jackass

Can I ask why your name is Conservative Jackass but your pic is an elephant?

Because that's the symbol of the Republican party.

Raybob only changed his profile name (Conservative Jackass). He didn't change the avatar and his sig. His sig still says "Raybob" in it.

yea but whoever this fool is, he is a Jackass!

Exactly the intention.

lol google powered computer....soon the yahoo computer?

Google - Inside. DODEDOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

lolz maybe some day the back to the future computer?

Actually that's not a bad idea. A TM case mod.

why thank you :)

lol google powered computer....soon the yahoo computer?

LMAO. Everytime you start the OS, you'll hear a dude shouting "YAHOOOOOO!" :rotfl:

But I doubt Yahoo would. There are not that competitive to Google. In fact, if they are, they would be desperately trying to make their search engine better right now. They didn't even agree to the Microsoft sh*t. They'd better off losing to their opponent company than be sold to another company. Also Yahoo has other better services than search engines, including services Google itself don't have.

GooPC: Welcome to the Chrome OS system user interface, I am G-DOS.

User: What happened to GLaDOS?

GooPC: I baked her and made... cake.

User: O_o

Actually that's not a bad idea. A TM case mod.

you could have the plutonium vents used as compuer vents with some fans in them and put some bttf parts on the case, put a flux capicitor on the front

And the dmc symbol. But also have the coils rap around the case (and have liquid cooling in it) XD

This sounds like when i tryed to make a DoS system...

i failed :( [cause im bad with DOS]

What are you still doing here?

Sign in to follow this