:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Polo423

BTTF3 Why didn't they...?

Watching the third BTTF of the trilogy I thought of some interesting questions:

Why didn't Doc take down the "1/2 mile" sign to avoid crashing into it?

Why didn't Doc and Marty remove the end of track sign to ensure longer track length for time travel?

*Bonus BTTF2 Question*

Why didn't Wilson Hover Conversion design a flying car to withstand lightning strikes?

Edited by Polo423

Remember, they had all that other sh*t to do within a week and doc falling in love didn't help. They were lucky to be ready for the train when the scene happened. (that's my explanation)

@BTTF2 Question: Who knows, maybe there was a disclaimer when you got the flying circuits put in that says, "Not responsible for damage caused by weather, human error, etc..."

Because it was 2015, what year is it now? 2009. And even well, what did you expect from an inverse square law?ers burn out while a lightning strike, that's why.

Other than Archer's explanation, note that the BTTF universe's year 2015 had weather-altering technology. They may have been using the same thing to ensure lightning strike incidents are avoided, especially in "skyways" (the Weather Service Doc was talking about in BTTF2, and the rainy day changing to a cloudless sunny day).

Also another note to take is that the back of the DeLorean are mostly metallic which can attract lightning. 2015 vehicles may be made up of a tough material that doesn't attract lightning. Speaking of which, this now reminds me of my last request for the DMC-13 (a.k.a. 2004 DeLorean) that I want to mention before (before this new forum we are in was ever up) but I forget: go see in the Coding Requests thread.

In other words DeLoreans were not meant for flying :P

Why didn't Doc and Marty remove the end of track sign to ensure longer track length for time travel?

Because it looks like with the box on the hood, the DeLorean had to sorta hit something before it would time travel.

Don't search for some reason there, where everything is explainable with plain stupidity.

Yeah don't try to hard to figure stuff out. Here's a obvious one. Why didn't they start the train run further back (ignoring the stranded train cars). They wouldn't risk jumping off the edge. Even a extra 200 feet would of TT the car before it hit.

Doc probably wanted the TT to happen on the bridge, that way there was no risk of people seeing the re-entry into 1985.

That would of been avoided if he backed the train up ether way. And why not TT at night. No one would of been there to see it re-enter :P. Why risk lives to just get the car to travel in the last millimeter of the sign.

He probably could set the Time Circuit to night, but I guess that random noises at night would've attracted more attention, than at daylight.

I'm also surprised Doc even allowed the train run. Did he know the train schedule? 'cause Marty could of reappeared in front of a moving train at any moment without any chance of getting out.

If Marty set it for like 2 minutes later, 3 sonic booms, DIE! xD

Here's one, put some imagination and creativity into it.

What if Marty Fell off the "bridge" halfway, and time traveled, how would he look when he reappeared? Here's a picture if you don't understand.

untitled-14.jpg

It's possible the DeLorean has a spacial adjuster built in. So you don't risk materializing into a wall or moving object. But he still die from the fall.

That would of been avoided if he backed the train up ether way. And why not TT at night? No one would of been there to see it re-enter :P. Why risk lives to just get the car to travel in the last millimeter of the sign?

Other than iPro's explanation, Doc can't allow them to re-enter earlier or later than the time they've left for 2015. Re-enter early, and Marty would risk of bumping with 2 Martys. Re-enter late (at night), and Marty would be known as missing that time. Plus, Marty has to wake up Jennifer.

It's possible the DeLorean has a spacial adjuster built in. So you don't risk materializing into a wall or moving object. But he still die from the fall.

Haven't you guys watched the movie Jumper? If you depart from one place then re-enter in a location occupied by matter, that matter will be pushed away with great force so you can occupy that space. This is also the case of BTTF. If the DeLorean pops back in a place occupied by an object, that object will be pushed away before the DeLorean pops back. Anyhow, those sonic booms would've pushed that object first like they did to Marty and Jennifer in BTTF3 before the DeLorean re-enters, but either way the DeLorean and an object merging is not entirely possible. This is the same reason why Doc never worried throughout the trilogy about materializing in an occupied space and merging with an object, or the bottom part of the tires merging with the ground below when it re-enters. Too bad we can't implement stuff like this in the game because of the limited physics. There'll be those universal law-defying merges of the DeLorean and the wall, unless we find a solution like keeping the DeLorean from time traveling from a spot that is occupied by a building or something in the destination time.

I prefer the Sliders method. The wormhole will not form under water, no oxygen, within matter. It's automatically adjusted. Perhaps that's why there's 3 reentry explosions. To check if there is something in the way, change direction, then full entry. Just throwing out ideas.

Doc could've had train schedules with him :P Besides, Doc didn't have any choice, getting back by rails was the only way.

Edited by  iPro

I prefer the Sliders method. The wormhole will not form under water, no oxygen, within matter. It's automatically adjusted. Perhaps that's why there's 3 reentry explosions. To check if there is something in the way, change direction, then full entry. Just throwing out ideas.

Like I said in that Flux Capacitor thread, the blue thing the DeLorean splats to its front is some sort of a space-time distorting energy (it's not the wormhole itself, yet). The 3 blue re-entry explosions is actually the "flux energy" trying to create a wormhole in the destination time for the DeLorean to pass through to return back. It doesn't (and can't) check things, it's a wormhole being made in the process. Strange how we all name the blue thing as a "wormhole" when it really isn't. Wormholes in reality are invisible.

Doc could've had train schedules with him :P Besides, Doc didn't have any choice, getting back by rails was the only way.

1885 train schedules are like modern day one-airplane airport schedules. It ain't that easy to schedule for a train in those times. If Doc and Marty decided to allowed the train Clara was riding on to go, they'll have to wait for weeks or so for another train to come and by then they've caused more trouble space-time continuum-wise.

I meant the 1985 schedules, what if the DeLorean popped up RIGHT before the train?

I meant the 1985 schedules, what if the DeLorean popped up RIGHT before the train?

Probably he may have the schedules, or not. He was planning to get rid of the DeLorean, so he may have planned it all along for the DeLorean to be destroyed, or they really don't have a choice in this situation.

WHICH IS MY POINT!

Sign in to follow this