Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Guest Dan_The_Pineapple

The Sims 3

You mean he died.... Old age

:huh: That was fast. You may have shorten the life span of your Sims in the settings or something, or you really sped things up in the game.

Speaking of which, mine had their first baby. It's a girl. :D It's nice that you get to choose the second trait of your own Sim when he/she's born (there are 2 traits, actually). The first trait is automatically selected by the game.

johny if you wanted to get him married all you had to do was pick a girl and make him talk to her and all that untill she likes him enough for a proposal

I know. I'm just not interested in getting my sim married.

And he died as a VIRGIN at OLD AGE.

lol this is The Sims 3 after all. This is a different reality compared to the previous The Sims games. There IS a Sim trait that makes a Sim independent and less social, not really a sociopath just a highly-independent person (called "Lonely" trait). The TS team has put all possible traits to make a big variety of Sims. There's even an Insane trait -- I LOLed when I saw this while choosing for a trait as the second trait of my Sims' baby.

Speaking of which, I'm having a good time with my half-Reaper/half-Sim. Still hoping this dude has special powers or something. I wonder what would his Scythe look like if he ever has one. :lol:

He probably just has some anatomic anomalies.

Speaking of which, I tried the whole Grim Reaper thing for the second time after my saved game screwed-up for some reason. But this time, things get a bit freaky...and cool.

(Baby) http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff144/a...er_baby_sim.png

(Toddler) http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff144/a..._tolder_sim.png

I tried doing it the harder way, where I made the female Sim seen in the pics as a kid first, who had a f*cked up history of seeing the members of her rich and large family die (at first, I wasn't really planning for the GR thing; originally I'm curious on what would a kid Sim's life be if it is like this). And what I did is make her communicate and build a relationship with the Grim Reaper in the process. In fact, the dude acts like a Sim himself -- he reads newspaper, seats down, eat, socializes with Sims, sleeps, plays video games, etc.. Eventually I narrowed down the family to only two members. Her twin brother then died, and that's the time I did this. I was expecting for a (seemingly) normal baby Sim, but this happened. (in case you're wondering, I used testing cheats to speed things up; I was aiming for a lonely female Sim but it didn't work out as expected)

My Sim named him Nathan. When she got pregnant, I had to leave it to Story Progression 'cause I had another Sim family to take care of. Luckily there's a female toddler Sim there, which gives me another idea to try out. ;)

those links are identical

lol here's the correct Toddler pic (I also corrected the link in my previous post): http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff144/a..._tolder_sim.png

You can just use the insiminator and force impregnate a sim.

There is no The Sims 3 version of InSIMinator at the moment. Also, the testing cheats are enough -- you can use them to either kill one of your Sims to lure the Grim Reaper or shift-click the mailbox/letterbox, select Force NPC then choose Grim Reaper (the latter won't likely have a chance if you're planning to have Grim impregnate your Sim, but it's not impossible).

I wonder what HIS kids will look like. The pitch black kid's.

When my Dad returned from work today he said he's got a present for me and my sister from a college at work and what did he pass me? A CD labeled Die Sims 3 :).

So I instantly installed it in order to try how the game runs on my PC. The first thing I noticed was that the loading times aren't as long as they were in TS2. Second was that Sims seem to be able to buy more than one home...

Till now I've played it several hours and just got a disappointing end: *crash*. Why :cry2: ?

Well, but from what I've seen yet, I can say that the difference between TS2 and TS3 is higher than I thought. I e.g. have had fun talking to other Sims at the park finding out more about them, especially whether they're single or not :D.

My first Sim's called Micheal Shay.

Want to know more about him? Then click on "show"!

SPOILER:
He moved alone into a quite small, empty house. I've filled up the rooms with furniture and took the PC to get him a job - I planned for him to get a cop in order to fulfill his lifetime wish which was something like climbing the career till the best job, I think. But there was no job in police career available so I took the military career for him.

Then, after having sent him to a football match (the game suggested that and I liked the idea) I went with him to the park and tried talking to some girl sitting at a chess table playing. I learned a bit about her and got to know that she has a boyfriend, so I was uninterested in her and went on to the next female Sim I could find :D. She was single so I chatted a bit more with her till she left the lot because she got hungry; Since my Sim was a bit tired, I went home with him, too and put him into bed.

When he got hungry I told him to stop sleeping and cook him something but since he was real unexperienced in cooking, he's burnt his meal, but though I forced him to eat it :D.

He went on his first day at his new job and when he returned he was real tired and went directly to bed. After he slept for ages, he got up and made himself something new to eat for breakfast - of course he's burnt this too; Again he needed to eat that. When he finished it, he's cleaned up the dishes all on his own and then I've told him to search the web for a new job. After having found a job in police career and applying for it he went to the bathroom to prepare for work. While he was still in the shower, the clock showed the time when the car picks him up. I wondered why the car didn't appear till I remembered that Sims never need to work the same day they applied for the job.

So I picked up the phone and asked the Sim he's chatted with at the park to come over, but she didn't want to. Then I thought: "If you don't want to come over, I'll come".

I clicked on neighborhood view and looked for her house, scrolled in and out several times till I suddenly heard the sounds that were playing the last 0.5 seconds looping. I hoped that the game only would need some more time to load stuff, but sadly the game disappeared after some time from my screen :(.

The last time that I've saved was just before he'd applied for the military job - quite a long time in a Sim's life ago...

thats pretty weird man. is he a child yet?

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff144/a...r_child_sim.png

At least he ain't weird for other Sims. They just consider him as a normal Sim, no one weird or special.

@Mini-Me: Other than the specs, make sure you have the ff.: DirectX 9.0c (March 2009 release) and the latest driver for your graphics card. Also are you using Windows Vista? If yes, be sure you're processor is working less and less memory is being used before playing, and always run the game as an administrator. You can also maximize the performance. Even though your specs are built for gaming, Vista is known to be a resource hog and would overuse your GPU, CPU and memory than any program or OS.

They considered aliens as normal sims too, in Sims 2.

@Mini-Me: Other than the specs, make sure you have the ff.: DirectX 9.0c (March 2009 release)

I have Dx 9.0c installed, but I dunno which release... I guess the one that came with my PC but don't ask me which.

and the latest driver for your graphics card.
The same as above. I updated it once BEFORE I reinstalled my OS ages ago, but I had some difficulties with it (I don't remember which) so I thought I'd be better keeping what I have.
Also are you using Windows Vista?
Are you insane? Though Vista has some smaller nice-to-haves I stick with XP due to the mentioned spec. reasons.

Oh and I needed to kill the game just once again, graphic issues :D. I just touched my graphics card and needed to pull my hand back quickly 'cause I've burnt it! How hot this thing got!

Wow, I just noticed the Sims don't need to get off the bed if they're relaxing and want to sleep, a good step forward, EA!

Don't forgot Story Progression and the more advanced AI. :P That's another BIG step forward. Because of the AI, the Free Will feature is no longer that crappy. They would do everything they need or want depending on their mood and traits instead of random stuff. There was one point when I returned to my original family after taking care with the half-Reaper kid, Wozny and Glover if you've heard these Sims in TS3, I found Wozny with their daughter in his friend's house and Glover exercising at a nearby gym. When I returned to half-Reaper kid's family, I found them in the beach. It is as though they can survive and fulfill their wishes/goals without you doing anything at all. I also found out that Wozny and Glover are already married, something I wasn't expecting (even if I did leave them for a long time now). <_<

Are you insane? Though Vista has some smaller nice-to-haves I stick with XP due to the mentioned spec. reasons.

The recommended operating system for your PC, as the official site stated, is Windows Vista: Home Premium. I figured you were using the OS.

My classmate could not install it due to that her Vista PC has low specs. The only way is to downgrade to XP, so I bet she can feel your pain, MM :P

What's her specs exactly? The Sims 3 is BUILT for Windows Vista (it's a Vista program itself, in other words), so Vista won't be a bother at all to running TS3 other than making it a BIT slow if Vista is busy making its desktop look beautiful and glassy (Aero). Also note that if it is low specs, Vista would be tuned down to Vista Basic (where Aero is disabled), where it would be like XP only more annoying (UAC) and crappy-looking (because of the Vista Basic theme), but that's about it. If she can't run it in Vista because of the low specs, she can't run it at all even in XP. What she REALLY needs is a PC upgrade.

My sister plays TS3 in her Vista laptop, which has lower specs than my crappy mini-PC here, still the game runs as well as mine. In fact, we can easily minimize the game then return back to the game like it is a Notepad window.

Also, you misunderstood Mini-Me. He was using Windows XP when he was experiencing those crashes. :P

2.0Ghz

2GB of RAM

120GB of HDD.

The specs are amazingly accurate to those of a Macbook, but it is an Asus.

That's also the same specs as my sister's laptop (only her HDD has 130 GB more space than your classmate's and her RAM is 1.5 GB (originally it's 3 GB until some of the memory modules screwed up)). There might be something else wrong that's keeping her from playing it. Viruses perhaps?

The minimum system requirements state that playing it on Vista requires 2.4 Ghz.