:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Guest Dan_The_Pineapple

The Sims 3

Mne is Intel Pentium E2180 2.00ghz, 3GB ram and NVIDIA GEFORCE 9500 GT 1GB and still lags a little bit. I put all settings high.

Guest Rave
I LOLed. Well, my sim just got a job but still didn't find a girlfriend.

lol your sim is a poor sap XD

but they took it too far imo, way too many expansions to waste money on.

Ohhh, yeah, that's true... I payed about 350€ for all the EPs and SPs for the Sims 2.

i usually make a group based off some game or TV show

Hehe, my Sister just made the Cullen's :rolleyes: .

Well, If my PC wasn't that crappy, I would ran to Saturn and buy the Collectors Edition... But I doubt one of the PCs here in my household can handle it :cry2: .

Though I have all of the EPs I doubt I never have done anything that is possible...

E.g. I haven't let my Sims marry to go on honeymoon then. Also I haven't bought a huge load of shops or I never lost a Servo or watched what happens when his builder/owner dies.

I need to take a break from GTA and get back to Sims 2 :D.

I just went out and bought this game and found out that my dvd drive broke and will only read cds now. So I'm trying to find some way to install it since it's a dvd rom, but this game looks so amazing it's not even funny.

Guest Rave
I just went out and bought this game and found out that my dvd drive broke and will only read cds now. So I'm trying to find some way to install it since it's a dvd rom, but this game looks so amazing it's not even funny.

try to download the leaked version to a cd :P

lol your sim is a poor sap XD

Either help him out (since he IS your Sim after all), or leave him alone and let story progression do the job, but it's rare that he'll have a girlfriend by himself even if he is charismatic unless you've already established a "best friend" relationship with a female Sim.

does it run on a GeForce 7600 GO and a c2d t5500 1.66ghz

Mostly no. The second one lagged badly with that.

Mines an Intel 946GZ, a NVIDIA GeForce 6200 equivalent. Just bought it and tested it out, and it's runs great. It lags less than TS2, in fact I currently have my settings all high and still less to no lag. But as for your processor, the game would still run but try overclocking it because from what I know the recommended processor speed / GHz is 1.8+.

Illegal... :rolleyes: Poor timetrain... Go back in time and found out how it broke... :D:lol:

Go back in time and found out how it broke... :D:lol:

Actually the only way to find out how it broke is in the present. Going back to the past won't help you that much because in that time it ain't broke yet. :P

I also have the same problem on mine -- broken DVD-RW, and it now works as a normal CD-ROM drive -- but luckily I have a "portable" USB Philips DVD-RW drive to use. For some reason, this works a lot better than my PC's DVD-RW when it ain't broken yet.

My sister's sim just got a baby in the sims 3..... how lucky she is. And my sim still can't find a girlfriend. :D

Edited by JohnyMan :)

Arghhh, stop talking about this I'm getting real jealous on you :lol:.

BtW: (Talking about DVD drives) Some time ago I noticed my DVD-Rom drive is one of these special ones that can read Nintendo Wii DVDs (Difference of them is their "direction", normal DVDs are written from inside to outside, Wii DVDs from outside to inside, this is why most PCs can't read (and copy) it, but I could).

But it really isn't worth it for me since I don't want my Wii to be touched with a modding chip :D.

@angelo: Take a look at my PCs specs., do you think it might run :D?

There is a bigger possibility I'll get an Xbox 360..IF those new models don't get out of stock.

The way I look at it is on the PS3 you have Blue Ray and the cheapest one I could find was 149.99 dollars and the PS3 is 399.99 then free online play.It will pay for its self

Edited by K.A.R.R.

My sim just got a new job. But still no girlfriend and my sim is gettig old.

I just played 2 again... Built a apartment lot I designed in school in physics lesson when I was bored. Looks good. It is a quite small one with 4 apartments in that nearly every tile is used due to it being small, either for a way to let a Sim walk or by an object :D.

Mhhmmm... Who wants to buy me a new PC bundled with TS3 :(?

Though I already hate EA again for the fact that they once again start to give game features in drips and drops. As far as I've heard, pets aren't in 3, yet, so they already planned to make an expensive load of expansion packs as they did for 2...

I still am not sure if I should stick with 2 or go on with 3.

Why doesn't EA give discount for people that have bought a lot TS1+TS2 games? Let's say a euro per game :D.

johny, if your sim doesnt have a girlfriend THEN GET IT ONE. it isnt hard to take him to a community lot and get him talking to ANY random female that turns up. you can get him married in less than 20 mins so stop f***ing complaining

and mini me, tell your sister that twilight is the WORST vempire movie/book ever written or made.. ever.

even underworld was better than that crap

try to download the leaked version to a cd :P

Well I did, and it installed ok, but the game wouldn't run so I installed from a friends computer onto my external hard drive and then transferred all the program files and program data to my main computer and it runs great!

So far I've got a wife and were expecting a kid. Since I bought the collectors edition I got 1,000 sim points for thesims3.com and I downloaded some new clothes, hair, cars, and a new town.

johny, if your sim doesnt have a girlfriend THEN GET IT ONE. it isnt hard to take him to a community lot and get him talking to ANY random female that turns up. you can get him married in less than 20 mins so stop f***ing complaining

My sim has a very complex type of feelings. I can't get him married if he is not fall in love with the girl sim I picked. <_<

@angelo: Take a look at my PCs specs., do you think it might run :D?

Definitely. If my PC can run it fine in high settings, why not yours? :P It's just that you really need that DVD problem fixed. If I were you, I'd do one of the three: buy a new DVD drive; borrow someone else's computer to convert the DVD to an ISO and then have that ISO run via a virtual drive program; or buy a new PC. 1st and 3rd option are faster to do, but since you just want is to play TS3 and all that is broken is the DVD drive, why waste more money? :)

Then cheat code. Disable aging.

You can't just disable or re-enable aging in the main menu. You can also "tweak" it: you can shorten the Sims' life span or make them live longer than normal. It's another feature I like about 3. This also

you can get him married in less than 20 mins so stop f***ing complaining you can get him married in less than 20 mins so stop f***ing complaining

Heck, I can make two non-roommate Sims be friends, be best friends, kiss, and marry less than 40 minutes. But the personalities and interests of the Sims also play a role in making relationships between those Sims -- conflicting personalities/interests would make it harder for them to be a couple, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. So, making your male Sim choose a random female Sim to love and marry is not really advisable unless if you use cheats or trainers (if there are any), or if you know they can be good couples, or if you're smart enough to make that female Sim like your Sim whoever your Sim is.

and mini me, tell your sister that twilight is the WORST vempire movie/book ever written or made.. ever.

The only crap about it is the movie, nothing else. The book is GREAT. The reason why you say the book is crap is either you haven't really read the book and you just judge the novel with the crappy movie version, or you don't like the other elements included/involved in the book. Also, there's nothing to compare between Underworld and Twilight other than the vampire stuff. Note that the author of Twilight NEVER made research about the vampires and other paranormal dudes when she made the book. She just wrote it with what she BELIEVES those dudes really are, so it's all from imagination and creativity, not research. Also, the entire Twilight series isn't all about vampires.

i tried to read the book before i'd seen the movie, i put it down after the bit where he sparkles in the sunlight, its terrible.

if you want to read a vampire story wich not only has a unique take on vampirism but is also REALLY well planned out and well written then read the saga of darren shan

Like I said, you can't really compare Twilight with other vampirism novels. The Twilight series is noted as more of a romantic young-adult novel than vampirism/fantasy. If you want the real stuff and don't like romance that much, don't read Twilight nor even criticize it's crap, because the vampirism isn't really the main theme of Twilight.

And the sparkles thing doesn't really suggest vampires are walking glitters. This explains their albino look at day (it's Stephen Meyer's way of explaining why people say vampires "burn" under the Sun).

Let's get back to topic now. Anyone who has TS3 noticed there's something missing in the game (excluding stuff from TS1/2 expansion packs, just the basic/generic TS stuff)?

The only crap about it is the movie, nothing else. The book is GREAT. The reason why you say the book is crap is either you haven't really read the book and you just judge the novel with the crappy movie version, or you don't like the other elements included/involved in the book. Also, there's nothing to compare between Underworld and Twilight other than the vampire stuff. Note that the author of Twilight NEVER made research about the vampires and other paranormal dudes when she made the book. She just wrote it with what she BELIEVES those dudes really are, so it's all from imagination and creativity, not research. Also, the entire Twilight series isn't all about vampires.
Like I said, you can't really compare Twilight with other vampirism novels. The Twilight series is noted as more of a romantic young-adult novel than vampirism/fantasy. If you want the real stuff and don't like romance that much, don't read Twilight nor even criticize it's crap, because the vampirism isn't really the main theme of Twilight.

And the sparkles thing doesn't really suggest vampires are walking glitters. This explains their albino look at day (it's Stephen Meyer's way of explaining why people say vampires "burn" under the Sun).

That's the reason why I love Twilight :D. It is not a "classic" vampire story, it also contains the factor of the "romantic young-adult novel" together with a light shot of fantasy - this is what I like. I have yet neither read nor watched LotR, 'cause it might be a bit too much fantasy.

Definitely. If my PC can run it fine in high settings, why not yours? :P It's just that you really need that DVD problem fixed. If I were you, I'd do one of the three: buy a new DVD drive; borrow someone else's computer to convert the DVD to an ISO and then have that ISO run via a virtual drive program; or buy a new PC. 1st and 3rd option are faster to do, but since you just want is to play TS3 and all that is broken is the DVD drive, why waste more money? :)

Uhm, now you're mixing up TimeTrain and me :P.

He has the broken DVD drive (I have got 2 working and could pick another 2 if I needed :D) and I have the 3 years old PC.

So you think a AMD Athlon™64 3700+ @2.2GHz (on an 32bit OS > XP MCE) with a Radeon x1600pro 256 Mbyte and 1024Mbyte RAM is enough?

EDIT: At least the official requirements say it is enough. Then I'll try it maybe - or not? Hrmphh... I payed that much for TS2...

Edited by Mini-Me

So you think a AMD Athlon™64 3700+ @2.2GHz (on an 32bit OS > XP MCE) with a Radeon x1600pro 256 Mbyte and 1024Mbyte RAM is enough?

EDIT: At least the official requirements say it is enough. Then I'll try it maybe - or not? Hrmphh... I payed that much for TS2...

Graphics: The minimum requirement is a GPU with 128 MB VRAM. So it's good.

RAM: The minimum requirement is 1.0 GB for XP users or 1.5 GB for Vista users and/or built-in GPU users. Since you have 1 GB, and you're not using built-in graphics, it's good.

Processor: The minimum requirement is Pentium IV 2.4 GHz or equivalent. I can't really tell if an AMD Athlon 2.2 GHz is an equivalent, but equivalent or not a weaker processor can still run the game so you're good here.