:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
archer9234

New Release/New purchases Thread

Starfox already fills in for the gay super hero, too.

What makes Starfox gay? Oh yea, Slippy...

I thought these were the gay superheroes.

Ambiguously-Gay-Duo.jpg

Most of prototype rips off Captain America and Hulk. Then sticks in a side order of Carnage and Colleusus. Hell, even some Green lantern.

I see Alex Mercer as a powerful virus that copied and took the form of a human, misled himself to thinking that he's that person and tries to recover his memories, and goes on p**sing off and killing hundreds of people by infecting their bodies, copying their DNA, then shreading them to pieces cell by cell while taking some others as "body part replacements", which includes memories of those people. Though I know a lot of comic superheroes well, the only rip-off I saw is the symbiote/Carnage thing.

And tell me why it became a Greek Lantern rip-off, too?

Like I said, it would be planned as a tribute to all known superheroes. Superman would be given tribute by featuring flight and reliance to Sun energy, all telekinetic and shape-shifting superheroes by featuring subatomic shape-shifting and transmuting abilities, etc. The only original idea that would be used is the amnesiac condition and dark/mysterious/loner personality of the character, but that's already used apparently. :(

A lot of his attacks are very similar to what the GL rings do.

Edited by archer9234

A lot of his attacks are very similar to what the GL rings do.

Like what exactly?

Rings only release energy that takes various of forms. Mercer's revolves around shape-shifting -- he literally shape-shifts parts of his body to a weapon. Unlike Lantern's, he can obtain these abilities through "evolution". He can't really shape-shift his body to any form he wants like the Lantern can with his ring. Note that Mercer isn't really made up of cells if you know what I mean, and if you've finished the game and understood the short and somewhat confusing plot. The blades and the armor who shape-shifts to is obviously still parts of his body, and ain't really made up materials a real blade or armor would be made of.

He's more like a more enhanced invulnerable version of Carnage than Lantern to me. Seriously, I don't see any strong similarities between Lantern and Mercer.

This doesn't prove it's a rip-off still. Each of Alex's weapons, which are limited in number, has a specific purpose -- His Claws are for taking down an army of soldiers or zombies with ease, Musclemass is for "amplifying" his melee or superhuman strength-based attacks like throwing huge objects, the Hammerfists are for heavy attacks, the Whipfist for distant attacks and for grabbing stuff from distances, and the Blade Arm would be for anti-armor attacks.

The protagonist is an almost invincible shape-shifting virus in the form of a human being (the main reason why they call him an "it", not a "he" in the game; and its human body is itself already a "weapon"), so why wouldn't it have changing weapons?

I'll still work on my superhero character. Originally, the whole concept is named "Ghost Avenger", which is about a college boy who died because of a viral infection then resurrected by the same virus, having no memory of his past, but having psychical telekinetic powers which he uses to turn himself to a superhero while having the need to recover his lost memories. I just evolved this somewhat childish and "spiritual" idea, since after all I started making it when I was like 7-9 years old and I was really that religious unlike today, to a more scientific and Heroes-like one, then inverted the whole nighttime-only limitation (his powers could only work at night) to a daytime-only.

Bully.jpg

I'm 25% through the game. But I wanna try this next time I play it.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&fs=1&">

lol forgot to mention that game, too.

Bought the game months ago for PC, and finished with the story. Love fooling around with the prefixes and schoolmates at free-roam. :D

As for the video, they "hacked" the game to replace the girls with the boys. So they aren't really boys.

here's a quote from the site that made the vid.

A few days ago we brought you a story about gay content in Rockstar Games’ uber-controversial Bully. Armed with my trusty PS2 and a brand spanking new copy of Bully, I set forth to find the boys who are available for kissing. I know of four, but the one I found first was Vance, one of the “white shirts”. After a little talking and a bouquet of flowers he was more than willing to get down to business, and he and our hero Jimmy really seemed to enjoy it. I was shocked later, when I went into the town near the school, to find my blonde hunk holding hands with a red haired jock while waiting in line for the movies. Needless to say, my heart was broken, but I was able to see through my tears long enough to make this little video of the whole make-out experience.

http://gaygamer.net/2006/10/video_proof_bu...immy_hopki.html

lol what th- *boom*

Well it doesn't work on the PC version. They must have possibly removed this when they released the Scholarship Edition, or rather fixed it -- for me, it looks like an error in the code. A bouquet of flowers would have the dude (and other dudes nearby) laughing or p**sing you off instead of falling for the whole thing and turning gay.

Gay sh*t disgust me.

Brand new wardrobe. im f**ken stoked

40259906_8660384_thumbnail.jpg a jacket similar to this, just none of the buckles or anything

flannel_shirt_black.jpg

a shirt like this.

2 pairs of slim jeans (not skinny, slim) one blue one grey

a couple of clubbing shirts

and a new pair of black and white hi top chuck taylors coz my old ones are falling apart. i only ever wear chucks.

its awesome i feel like my old self again.

i also got new ghostbusters, the joker and invader zim tshirts

Edited by EarthwormJim

Bought and downloaded the Ghostbusters game recently. Should I say that the PC version... sucks?

I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT. A 360 OR A PS3. AND THE GAME. DAMN. Thought it would've been 650$ instead of 30, I believe it would've been a better deal anyway.

Anyway, passed it on casual on one breath. Now I am recollecting the artifacts I missed (boy was I surprised to see I scanned all the enemies).

Edited by  iPro

for future reference ANGELO, homosexuality has been proven to be a genetic anomaly rather than a choice. so saing "gay s**t disgusts me" would be like me saying asians disgust me. or every time i get near a mexican i have to throw up.

neither of wich are true of course.

just think before you make another ignorant and derogatory statement like that.

for future reference ANGELO, homosexuality has been proven to be a genetic anomaly rather than a choice. so saing "gay s**t disgusts me" would be like me saying asians disgust me.

See, my sister is against homosexuality, since she says it's against god's laws. Me I don't give a sh*t. Probably because I don't believe in god, or maybe because it has nothing to do with me. I am seriously thinking about getting castrated (I'm not joking) so I don't have to think about sex anymore, just focus on work and work and work and work and TV. Sex and children are overrated anyways.

Edited by Nikaido

I heard that some people actually do choose, but yeah, it's an anomaly when a person gets 3 23rd chromosomes. Or 3 of those around 20 anyway.

its nothing to do with chromosomes, having too many or too little gives you downs syndrome, it doesnt make you gay.

im not sure exactly how it works but anyone who is ACTUALLY gay is that way because thats how they were born. anyone who chooses to be gay when theyr actually not is just some pretentious c**t trying to fit some kind of image and will never truly be happy that way.

statler, homosexuality isnt actually against anything GOD said (or passed to mankind) in the bible. anything in the bible that speaks of homosexuality is simply a single persons opinion and the modern churches have exploited it because theyr a bunch of homophobic douchebags.

as for getting castrated, sex is not over rated, your just having a very VERY dry patch. it will pass and you will be all good. there is no reason to permanently mutilate yourself

Edited by EarthwormJim

My brother is gay. He and I talk a lot. He knew he was gay since he was very very young but he didn't know the word for it. Some do choose but I find it an insult to say every gay/lesbian person chooses to be gay or a lesbian. oh and being gay is NOT a genetic thing.

Oh and I agree with EWJ fully.

statler, homosexuality isnt actually against anything GOD said (or passed to mankind) in the bible. anything in the bible that speaks of homosexuality is simply a single persons opinion and the modern churches have exploited it because theyr a bunch of homophobic douchebags.

The reason why Catholic is against homosexuality is because they believe it's trying to be against what God made them to be. e.g. God made you to a dude, but liking to be a girl than a boy is trying to be against what God wants you to be. It's not being homophobic. (I used "they" because, to be honest, I can no longer consider myself 100% Catholic due to my view on my Christian beliefs, and the number of Christians I've p***ed off lately)

I don't agree being homo is genetic, but I do agree on the rest of what you've said -- it is experience and/or how the person is born that makes them homo. And I never said gays disgust me. I said most of the stuff they do disgust me. (that's why I said earlier "gaysh*t disgust me", not "gays disgust me").

I see you guys totally forgot about the story of Sodom & Gomorrah. Where god smited the towns because of sin. Now the catholics (along with almost every form of christianity) have long since believed that among these sins was homosexuality. That's where the term "Sodomy" came from.

But then I don't believe in the bible, so...

Edited by Nikaido