:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
SLNevitt

Other Selves

in fact i think fourth-dimensionally a lot, its just the game cant handle it, im thinking about the game, this is about the game, if time travel were real, then you'd be right, but we aren't so your not

:P:D

Paradox-Free game will have to do, no choice in my view

in fact i think fourth-dimensionally a lot, its just the game cant handle it, im thinking about the game, this is about the game, if time travel were real, then you'd be right, but we aren't so your not

:P:D

Paradox-Free game will have to do, no choice in my view

Why is there no choice? :S

To what else. Dead?

haha i loll'ed

All I'm asking is for this:

Once the 1955 Lightning Run mission has been done, if at any time from the future you go back to see yourself, at 10:03pm can't you just see yourself drive down to the pole and then time travel? Also - if it was possible to knock the delorean driving its way to the pole to tt and the delorean does NOT time travel when it is 10:04, then the game should 'reset' itself so that you go back a day or back to a certain point in time, like '55.

Even with my extremely limited knowledge of how the coding in this game is done, surely it is possible to do? :(

To what else. Dead?

I was thinking more like, "That Didn't Happen in the Movie".

I remember Del saying that doing my "past self feature" idea is twice as complicated than the past self sequence, but let's see in the future, since this feature can't be implemented 'till the future versions.

I changed WASTED! to DEATH!!!! on my download below

I also changed some VC names to HV names

Besides, even if TT were possible, then a paradox would destroy the universe

(according to Doc in BTTF2)

Then the paradox shouldnt really inputted anyway because of the amount of 'Resets' and paradox's possible

Think of it like this:

1. You travel back in time 5 mins using the clock tower run

2. You see yourself use the run after crossing paths with yourself

3A. If you crash into yourself, you would not have been able to go back in time so the reset action will force you to do that again

3B. You dont encounter yourself and you just see yourslef TT into the past (or future)

Besides, even if TT were possible, then a paradox would destroy the universe

(according to Doc in BTTF2)

Then the paradox shouldnt really inputted anyway because of the amount of 'Resets' and paradox's possible

Think of it like this:

1. You travel back in time 5 mins using the clock tower run

2. You see yourself use the run after crossing paths with yourself

3A. If you crash into yourself, you would not have been able to go back in time so the reset action will force you to do that again

3B. You dont encounter yourself and you just see yourslef TT into the past (or future)

With regards to the 'reset' action - Just make it so that you load in 1985, at Sunshine Autos or something, and that there is no time machine because you never time travelled back to '55 - so you essentially have to redo the game again.

that would become too stressful

plus, you would think:

"DAMN!! If only they hadnt put a paradox code in. Then I wouldnt have to do that bit again!!!"

Edited by OoiueBTTF

that would become too stressful

plus, you would think:

"DAMN!! If only they hadnt put a paradox code in. Then I wouldnt have to do that bit again!!!"

No, surely its easier to just stand by and let time pass without changing events - such as just leaving the car to go down to tt...

Or just change the reset point, like to a set 1985 with the 2nd Del at Sunshine Autos or something lol...

I dont think its stressful... :)

lol

And if you have to redo a bit because of a paradox, then you shouldn't have been messing with time anyway :P

then why did u post the suggestion then??

if u go back to infere with yourself, you should reset to around 2-3 mins before you origonally cross-paths with your FUTURE-self

as in: u now become your previous elf with no other self yet until u go back in time again

if u keep doing it, then whats the point of playing??

:P:P

even if you could knock the past-del out of the way of the lightening run,then the game would just be like: yeah

then it has 2 possible outcome:

99.9999999% chance of a game crash

0.00000001% chance of a reset

get it?

game cant handle paradox's

its tuff enough haveing other selves in-game (if there will be)

Edited by OoiueBTTF

Why not just reset to the last save point?

cos then if u havent got a save point, u r screwed

but it is a good idea 2 me

noo - dont think of them as paradoxes, cause its not 'REALLY' you... just think of it as moving the delorean away will fail a mission...and there is no 'mission passed' sequence - and just resetting it to 5 minutes before would be fine I think.

noo - dont think of them as paradoxes, cause its not 'REALLY' you... just think of it as moving the delorean away will fail a mission...and there is no 'mission passed' sequence - and just resetting it to 5 minutes before would be fine I think.

well actually it is u, just a replica recording of you from before

well actually it is u, just a replica recording of you from before

noo - you're not thinking 4th dimensionally! Its not a replica recording of you before - What I propose is a 'standard' re-enactment 'ghost-like' version of you, which ALWAYS starts at an exact point from the start line, and tts at the lamp posts - Whereas for example if when you did the mission you might not have started at that particular angle, or moved as far as you did - if you get me? lol

erm.. hello, hello anybody home??!!

i DO think 4th-dimensionally a lot, that has nothig to do with it

Yes I get u, but its better with an actual representation of your past-self. Here is my representation:

if i go up to the start line on the clock tower run, if i get out of the car and back in a again, if i go back in time, i would see myself get out and in again

get it?

your idea is this:

if i go up to the start line on the clock tower run, if i get out of the car and back in a again, if i go back in time, i WOULDN'T see myself get out and in again

Well OoiueBTTF,

the way you described it, it is not possible, the way SLNevitt described it, it is possible.

You can't record what you do (as you want it).

After you successfully did the run once, you can turn a switch that enables a delorean that every time at 22:04 starts to drive at the starting line, keeps 88mph till it reaches the cable and then timetravels. It would also be possible to let the game do something when you hit the car.

But it would not be possible to let it exaclty repeat what you did.