Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
iMaster

Desktop Webcam control

So there is this little app for the OS X

But I was wondering whether there is software that functions desktop-wise. On either Windows or Mac, but preferably Mac. Anyone?

No, seriously, I will show off after I find one :P

This was just a minor demo of what I need. And I found plenty of similliar soft for Windows.

EDIT: Here is the coolest one http://camspace.com

Edited by  iProton

I figured it is if you use a UV light, like Tony Stark did in Iron Man.

What did he use it for? I can't remember :D.

Well, the video reminds me off EyeToy :).

Tony Stark? He moved the image of the suit's model into the 3d modulator from his Mac's screen.

Look: Camspace picks out the brightest point in front of the cam. That allows us to use an UV pen light as a mouse cursor. Considering that multiple screens and projectors can be the same desktop, we can drag the image from the screen to the projector, right? Multiple projectors, aimed at a bunch of particles create a 3d image. Where have you been living, people? 19th century?

Edited by  iProton

As I said, projections, particles.

I would have been super happy if someone released Mac software that allows to use some sort of IR reflecting gloves to navigate the desktop and system in overall, kind of like a camera mouse (for OS X)

Edited by  iProton

So basically what I am trying to do is make the gesture controlable Mac for remote controlling and a touchscreen (like Trolltouch) for it to work near it. The main problem is to find all this...

I used to have and enjoyed camspace once, until I began to bump to annoying problems regarding my webcam.

Tony Stark? He moved the image of the suit's model into the 3d modulator from his Mac's screen.

Stark's Mac must be some really advanced version of the OS with updated multimedia/designing software, which is what the OS is best on...OR it may just be a monitor (Apple offer the best of monitors; I'd ditch my AL1916W with my Mac's screen if I could :P).

As far as I understood he had a super-duper computer core built into his house, namely Jarvis. Then there is a tiny OS he uses for his stuff. Apple screens are just because they're good. All keyboards and panels in the house are holographic. I am trying to make one similiar, only with my old screen.

My plan includes making a touchscreen and connecting it to the Mac, then connecting a tablet (or a touchscreen if I can find one) instead of the keyboard and activating the virtual keyboard. Hopefully I will be able to control the mouse with it too. I plan to make it so the Dock would be there as well, so I can run apps without using a mouse, but my finger. I am so busted about how to make it, I considered a tablet, but am not sure whether it will work with finger gestures.

Edited by  iProton