2012 Doomsday (Da Poll Topic III)

December 21, 2012  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe on this crap?

• Absolutely.
    • I don't believe on s***.
    • Don't care.
    • Not sure if I want to or not.
  2. 2. If you selected the first or fourth choice above, which theory do you (want to) believe in?

• Planet X Collision Theory
    • The Destroyer Theory (from the Bible)
    • Shift of Consciousness (Mayan belief; apocalyptic/non-apocalyptic renewal of humankind)
    • Precession-Alignment theory
    • FPC (Falcon Punch Collision)
    • I chose 2nd or 3rd in the first poll...
  3. 3. If the world is about to end, and there's nothing to do to prevent it, what would you do?

• Run for cover and hide like Scooby Doo.
    • Accept what's going to happen and do everything you that will make you happy before you die.
    • Accept what is happening and think "Great! My life can't get any worse."
    • Raise your hands and pray to God, hoping you'll be saved by Him.
    • Create a time machine out of a De Lorean and escape to the past.
    • Shout "THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!" seconds before the apocalypse.

When the Mayans started the whole the-end-of-the-world-will-be-in-year-2012 thing, many people began to believe it is true, and theories are made up about it -- for instance, many believe a planet or some huge object, which they call "Planet X", will have a collision course on Earth at exactly year 2012. They say that "Planet X" is a brown giant, an unborn star, which exists outside our solar system. A flyby of this star is expected to happen by year 2012. It may be cool to hear for most/some of us here that we're living in a binary star system all along, but it is known scientifically that if Saturn was ever larger than it is, both Saturn and Jupiter will end up "fighting each other" in an epic battle we don't want to be in. Their "fight" will make the solar system unstable, and make life on Earth impossible. Possibly, Earth may not exist at all, and other stuff we know in our solar system like the asteroid belt are screwed by the planets. Fortunately, Saturn is in the right size to make life possible, but would adding a second sun in the equation be the same case? If 2 dueling Jupiter-sized gas planets are enough to make life impossible, what more if it's 2 dueling suns? There are too many stuff to consider.

Do you believe on this crap? (I need both your votes and your comments/opinions about this)

Video about Planet X Collision Theory (this is part 1; other parts may tell about the Destroyer and the Shift of Consciousness theories):

Video about FPC (Falcon Punch Collision): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S363ixv9oZk

I voted for Planet X theory, cause nobody knows whether someone/something will come and knock our little planet down. Although, I believe that people will end existence of Earth without any help, there are many events happening in 2012, maybe one of them will do the thing..

Edited by RG - FM

Personally I want to agree with the Vikings, Ragnorok sounds like a blast and it all starts with 'Gotterdammerung' (The damnation of the gods) As the giants and the undead team up to ruin the gods and the whole of midgard is swallowed up by mass war, and the fighting continues untill the tree of the universe (Yggrasil) is compleatly destroyed taking all life with it.. and then it is reborn from a single seed.

Well thats the extremly cut down version, but thats the basics :D

I voted for Planet X theory, cause nobody knows whether someone/something will come and knock our little planet down. Although, I believe that people will end existence of Earth without any help, there are many events happening in 2012, maybe one of them will do the thing..

Actually...yeah...we kinda... do know when something's going to hit us. We kinda have these neat telescopes, satellites and other wonderful scientific gizmos that do a damn fine job of monitoring the cosmos.

And that's why I don't buy any of this crap. Falcon Punch Collision FTW.

Added another poll (forgot to add that in). Whoever has already voted earlier and wanted to vote for the 3rd poll, just ask me.

For the third poll:

2nd option - Accept what's going to happen and do everything that will make you happy before you die.

When you see the end of your life, you can fully imagine what and when you have/don't have to do. I don't need to worry about how old I'm gonna die(if the end is in 2012), cause I am gonna die at frikkin 18! :lmfao:

I die of a hart attack when I heard but I believe in the The Destroyer Theory.

Edited by K.A.R.R.

Nostradamus also predicted this to happen. The researchers who have been deciphering the lost book said it may mean either the coming of the Four Horsemen or a new beginning for humanity.

The whole "2012 Doomsday" the Mayans predicted and have been believing on that will happen may either be apocalyptic, or simply a renewal of humankind (where the only ones facing an "apocalypse" are the faults of man where "man learn to control both the elements and himself"). When other began to believe it, as well as other ancient prophecies like the one by Nostradamus, they began to make conspiracy crap about it, not knowing that the whole 2012 thing may not be so apocalyptic after all.

I think that the end of the world (not in the poll) will be cause by a meteor or something like that.

I never included stuff like these because I'm talking about the 2012 Doomsday. A meteor strike you're talking about may take place much later, like 2037 (scientists found out about an meteor or an asteroid that is predicted to possibly strike the planet in this year; they have pretty much enough time to solve this problem, and this is a proven fact, not some conspiracy theory crap like the Planet X Theory).

the earth might be on the other side of the sun anyway when planet x supposedly enters the core of the solar system

Ummm.... what good would that do if earth is on the other side of the sun??? <_<

Goodbye planet x

It was explained in the Planet X Theory that "Planet X" is actually a newborn star which revolves around the gravity-stronger Sun (some binary star systems has a "central star" and a weaker "satellite star" which revolves around the central star like a planet; in the theory's case, the Sun is the central star). It maybe younger and smaller, but have that collide with our Sun and they'll both explode, or the Sun's gravity would simply suck all of the brown dwarf's fuel while it is near enough, which has more devastating results than a simple flyby.

Two stars being close to each other and with one of them having greater gravity than the other would look like this:

xmm.jpg

(left would be the brown dwarf; right would be the Sun, sucking the dwarf's fuel)

I really don't believe on Planet X. If the "planet" did exist, Earth or Planet X itself or both would have been destroyed by then. Way back when Earth was young and before the moon was born, the Solar System has more than 30 planets, many of which have collision courses with each other. These collision courses reduced the number of planets to only less than 10 (I guess that means the idea of "survival of the fittest" would have been applied way back before life existed). Earth had once have a collision course with another planet, named "Planet Theia" (named after the Greek Titan and mother of the Moon goddess Selene), which ended up being destroyed, and its remnants eventually forming to our own moon. If Planet X did exist, and it's been ever since having a flyby near Earth, the Moon, Planet Theia, and some of the other planets and satellites (including Earth) would've been destroyed way before we had a planetary system like what we have right now. Also, our Solar System would be more chaotic than it is now.

Sign in to follow this