Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Joe Statler

What are you reading?

I'd say that this should be a pinned topic, but since it takes some ppl over 5 days to read a book, looks like it won't happen.

At this moment, I'm reading the book, The Enemy Within (the third installment of L. Ron Hubbard's Mission Earth saga).

I can't read books :( Thanks to dyslexia, I'll always be distracted by ... Oh Shiney :clapping::dots:

im Reading a new John Lennon biography called "The Life" by Phillip Norman

if your at all a fan of the beatles then i HIGHLY reccomend it its a f***ing good read

i recently finished reading Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, Twilight again, then the Midnight Sun partial draft. its the only book series ive ever read because i want to, not cause i have to :P

i tried reading twilight, it is hands down the WORST vampire related novel iv ever picked up in my life.

after reading the Darren Shan saga twilight seemed like a soppy bunch of horse S*** i didnt get very far in it before i took it back to the library and got out an anne rice bok to calm my nerves (interview with a vampire for thos who are asking)

if you like twilight read the saga of Darren Shan, it will blow your mind. then read the Demonata Sereis by the same author, it posesses even more Win

Isaac Asimov's "I, Robot". Someday I'll finish it :P.

Real good book. I loved the two guys who work together.

Twilight and New moon are finished, the next one in the row is Eclipse. They're all followers and the currently last one is Breaking Dawn. All of them are written by Stephenie Meyer.

Twilight and New moon are finished, the next one in the row is Eclipse. They're all followers and the currently last one is Breaking Dawn.

I've already read ALL of those books. :P

I'm currently reading her other book, Host. I'm also reading on a very old novel: The Time Machine by H.G. Wells (need this for my review on the 2002 The Time Machine movie) and 1 local novel "El Filibusterismo" (need this for high school).

And normally I am in no way interested in reading. But after having seen Twilight in cinema I wanted to read that book - though readung books is "abnormal" for me :D

And after having finished Twilight in wanted to know the rest of their story :)

most people who read twilight are just sheep following a trend i think :lol:

My sister likes the books but I was never attracted to them. One book that I've tried reading but couldn't continue after 5 pages was the original Harry Potter.

One book that I've tried reading but couldn't continue after 5 pages was the original Harry Potter.

i second that

most people who read twilight are just sheep following a trend i think :lol:

I'm not reading it to follow the trend, I'm only reading it 'cause I want to know how Bella and Edward's story goes on ;).

Or there are some funny descriptions of e.g. how Alice and Edward play chess :D. Alice foresees the moves Edward would make when he decides to and thinks about how she can react and Edward picks the moves she'd make out of her thoughts. And it is the same and when they play Paper, Scissors, Stone.

And I read Twilight and New Moon in German and since I'm out of money now, I asked a friend if he could borrow me his "Eclipse" - he told me that the one he has read is the one of his sister and that he can't give it to me but he gave me his own english book.

So I'm reading Eclipse in English, now.

Btw: The German titles of the books are a bit different:

Bis(s) zum Morgengrauen, literally translated: bite at dawn/daybreak, original title: Twilight

Bis(s) zur Mittagsstunde, literally translated: bite at noon, original title: New Moon

Bis(s) zum Abendrot, literally translated: bite at sunset, original title: Eclipse

Bis(s) zum Ende der Nacht, literally translated: bite at the night's end, original title: Breaking Dawn

The names are somehow a bit swapped. And "Biss" with 2 "s" means "bite" and "bis" with one "s" means "till", so the titles are a bit ambiguous. But this is only a small point why I like these books :).

i didnt read it to follow a trend really. i just read it cause the girl i like likes it ^_^

We sell the posters of the Twilight movie at work and I noticed, the male characters all look g@y.

wow. youre not very good at spotting gay people then.

I don't know, the last gay man I met was my Music appreciation professor. But he's in his 70s.

kitt i hope you arent trying to get her to notice you by reading the same ooks as her around her, coz that wont work at 16

no i was just curious. plus my friends got into conversations about it all the time and i didnt understand what they were talking about :P

fair enough. this girl isnt the same one from you know what is she?

Sign in to follow this