Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TWG

Question about car modding

would it be possible to actually get your car to sound like the DeL in real life?

I just was watching it and i realized that that would actualy be a cool sound to have for your car, to me at least.

Would it be possible?

No. It uses multiple sounds from a car to a jet engine. You best bet would be to install a speaker into the car and play the sound.

My dad's old 1992 F-150 Custom made a sound that resembled the del's sound. It had the whine but not the whistles or the other noises. It was the transmission (manual) that made the whine, so find a '92 F-150 Custom V6 with a manual transmission and listen to it. You will concur that it does sound a little like the del.

Edited by Honest Joe Statler

It's a mind blowing experience. Especially test driving one. I recommend it. Can't wait till my next trip to houston so I can check them out again. I think it's going to become a new tradition of mine whenever I go up there. Kinda like the tradition my mother has, whenever she goes to San Antonio she has to see the Alamo (although she's already seen it over 15 times now).

you could put a turbocharger on it. thats about as close as its gonna get

I went inside one once. It was at a used car sale. It was very small for me. I'm 6'7". I'd still buy it, if it had a engine.

im 17 in 2 months and im only 5'6" :P

im 18 in 1 month (ish) and im 5 10 (ish) does it matter? not really.

iv seen a Delorean at the Southward Car Museum, its still there. its here in NZ along state highway 1 about an hour and a halfs drive from Wellington.

the other one iv seen (and had a ride in) was at a car show somwhere up in feilding i think.

and i know theres at least 5 different deloreans circulating around the country that get used as regular road cars, i see them for sale from time to time. and theres another at some car museum near Nelson in the south island

Sign in to follow this