Fav Band Lineup v2

(braces for controversy)

Post your band line up here.

I'd say...

Lars Ulrich of Metallica on drums

Chris Cornell of...himself, Audioslave, and Soundgarden on vocals

Axel Rose of GNR on backup vocals.

Slash of GNR/Velvet Revolver on lead guitar

Cliff Burton (if he could be brought back, rest his soul) of "...Justice" era Metallica on bass guitar.

What would you guys want?

Little backstory on the idea of this topic : I heard Cornell team up with Linkin Park on Crawling, didn't sound too bad, some versions I heard. They attempted a Reanimation redo of Crawling, was good stuff, in my opinion. Wondered to myself what my own band lineup would consist of if i could have anyone in a band.

Problem with these topics is that there's soooo much controversy with everyone's different music tastes, as shown on my other forum that i frequent ('tallica haters over there, probably no more than immature 10 year olds), i'm presuming this forum is alot more mature in that regard.

For you musically inclined people, what would you guys want?

Edited by TWG

Lars Ulrich :lol: If your gonna have a drummer pick one that can play more than one beat in more than one time signature :P

Lead guitar/Backing Vocals - Chuck Schuldiner

Rythmn guitar - John Petrucci

Bass - Les Claypool

Drums - Gene Hoglan

Vocals - Tim ‘Ripper’ Owens’

Edited by Orgcon

Drums, this is a very difficult one to answer.. depends on the style, im inclined to say Ringo Starr but he wouldn't fit with the other people im going to choose for the band... f*** it,

PICKLES from Dethklok on the Drums

1201553486_icspickles.jpg

Flea From the Red Hot Chilli Peppers on Bass (some of you might recognise him by this picture)

250px-Needles.JPG

Bill Bailey from ...uh Black Books? on rhythm Guitar

billbaileyL_243x251.jpg

Slash From Guns N'Roses (and Velvet Revolver and slashs snakepit.. etc) on Lead Guitar

Slash-Saul-Hudson.jpg

and just for good measure, a Keyboard / Piano player (who evidently is also a singer, but not in this situation) Tim Minchin (who by the way is a FUNNY Motherf***er)

45a_20_minchin_243x214.jpg

now iv chosen two lead singers, a male and a female.

okay for the record, im not a paramore fan, in fact i think they suck ALOT but this girl cartainly can SING HER A** OFF

Haley Williams From Paramore, as the female lead Vocalist.

6.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAND finally, the male lead Vocalist...... BRUCE DICKENSON from Iron Maiden

061016-maiden.jpg

so yup, that wouldnt be my DREAM band, that would be impossible to comprehend. but i would definitely pay a s***load of money to see this group live.. especially since one of them is a cartoon character

Edited by EarthwormJim

Off topic - I'm supprised anyone outside of the UK actually knows of Bill Bailey, and if you haven't seen some of his stand up shows, then you should really check them out, they are hilarious.

I think my favorite band has the best line up. Not that I expect anyone from here to have even heard of them, but they are all s**t hot musicians! If you like Jimi Hendrix and ZZ Top, these guys won't disapoint you.

Snails Pace Slim - Guitar, lead vocals

Ms Zsa Zsa Poltergeist - Bass, backup vocals

Rev Otis Elevator - Drums, backup vocals

http://www.thehamsters.co.uk

Bill Bailey is kinda globally famous you know, hes done at least 2 world tours and black books is broadcast and sold all over the globe.

Bill Bailey is kinda globally famous you know, hes done at least 2 world tours and black books is broadcast and sold all over the globe.

Didn't know that, I thought he was one of the UK's undiscovered gems. :lol:

@ EWJ..

Well you're right about Paramore, that girl can sing...

And i liked your choice of Bruce Dickenson as male lead. Iron Maiden are pretty BA.

Slash...ofc, how can you not like Slash....

I think though, that perhaps Axel Rose demands some sort of inclusion in my band, his singing isn't too bad. Imma go add him in real quick.

spelt Axl not Axel, dont ask me why.

i didnt put him in mine because.... well because there are many singers who frankly are FAR better than him. also i didnt wanna make Guns n roses and friends

Sign in to follow this