Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Edfake

XP users

well, i want to know if i know evrything about xp software wise. so if there are any tweaks that you want, want help troubleshooting, or just something simple just ask. ill answer, if i can do it, as soon as possible.

thanks, edfake

well my neighbors computer has got windows xp professional, and their normal appearence is like windows 98, or safe mode, and i checked if it was off safe mode and it was, their computer is REALLY bad, like 1.6 GHZ processor, i think it was 256 RAM or lower, 32 MB Graphics card and no sound, oh and they don't even have a system manufacturer. can you tell me why the appearance is like this?

well my neighbors computer has got windows xp professional, and their normal appearence is like windows 98, or safe mode, and i checked if it was off safe mode and it was, their computer is REALLY bad, like 1.6 GHZ processor, i think it was 256 RAM or lower, 32 MB Graphics card and no sound, oh and they don't even have a system manufacturer. can you tell me why the appearance is like this?

Did they try going to Display Properties > Appearance and change it to Windows XP Style?

Well thats a BAD pc

Offtopic: BTW knight industries can u come on msn please

have they tried right clicking the desktop and clicking propetys and changing themes?

if there is no xp theme, did the computer have the xp theme before?

if it did, do they have virus?

if not go and download a copy of xp theme and put it in

c:\windows\resources\themes (bad spelling)

if the xp theme was never there before, is xp genuine?

if is/isnt go and download a copy of xp theme and put it in

Edited by edfake

i cant see my documents and my shared documents in my computer and its really annoying because i got used to entering my documents from my computer.

i'm running xp sp3 btw.

always make a system restore point, btw

if you are using professional, do the following

hit (winlogo)+R

type: gpedit.msc

when a window pops up, navigate to administrative templates-->windows componements-->windows explorer

hilight windows explorer

on the right search the list for: Remove Shared Documents from computer

double click on it

choose: Not configured

then hit ok

then close the window

Edited by edfake

have they tried right clicking the desktop and clicking propetys and changing themes?

if there is no xp theme, did the computer have the xp theme before?

if it did, do they have virus?

if not go and download a copy of xp theme and put it in

if the xp theme was never there before, is xp genuine?

if is/isnt go and download a copy of xp theme and put it in

They don't have the internet!

They don't have the internet!

kk, well go to anyones xp computer with working theme and copy the folder 'Themes' in this location

c:\WINDOWS\Resources\

to the same location on their computer, BAM they have xp theme.

do they use professional?

i went "run" and typed "dxdiag" and that's where i got most of their info

thats only for directx

get their info from start-->allprograms-->acessories-->systemtools-->system info

Edited by edfake

yes, they do use professional

hit (winlogo)+R

type: gpedit.msc

when a window pops up, navigate to administrative templates-->windows componements-->windows explorer

hilight windows explorer

on the right search the list for: use classic shell

double click on it

choose: Not configured

then hit ok

then close the window

i went into to system info and it can't collect their info, it says that it's either corrupted or missing! so....... i dunno, and what did you just say?

when did this problem start?

along time ago, i think it has some REALLY BAD viruses, should i scan his pc?

yes. and delete any viruses. when done do as follows:

start-->allprograms-->acessories-->systemtools-->system restore

click on restore to a certin poin

choose a point where there was no problems

restore

THIS WILL NOT DELETE FILES, JUST RESET SETTINGS(AND FILES DOING WITH SETTINGS) TO THAT CERTIN POINT

but they got mcafee a few days ago and it sucks, so i'll give 'em one of my programs

AVG free was rated the best anti virus program to go through their test, against ones u have to pay!!

Sign in to follow this